Bellevue Travel Answers

change location
Sematay's Profile Photo

Furnished Apartment or Hotel for Two week stay in Bellevue?

by Sematay Online Now Jul 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM

I have a Chinese co-worker who is staying in Bellevue for two weeks in September. She has never left China, so I am considering finding her a place with a kitchen near somewhere where she can get some Chinese groceries. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Bunsch's Profile Photo

Re: Furnished Apartment or Hotel for Two week stay in Bellevue?

by Bunsch Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 4:29 PM

In Bellevue itself, there isn't what I'd call a Chinese grocery, but there is a branch of Uwajimaya (basically Japanese, but they carry a large variety of Asian foodstuffs). Roughly six or seven blocks away, as I recall, there is a Silver Cloud which might be appropriate lodging, though I doubt they have kitchen facilities. Their website is www.silvercloud.com/bellevue.htm

Here's the info on the grocery:

Bellevue Uwajimaya
    15555 NE 24th St. & Bel Red Rd.
    Bellevue, WA 98007
    Phone: (425)747-9012
    Store Hours:
    Mon. - Sat. 7:00 am ~ 10:00 pm
    Sunday 9:00 am ~ 9:00 pm

Conveniently located in the Bel-Red/Crossroads area, Bellevue Uwajimaya has been serving the Seattle east side since 1978. Bellevue Uwajimaya features the Chef's Court, a full-service Asian food court. The Chef's Court offers a wide selection of hot and cold appetizers and entrees changing daily including sushi, roasted duck and Chinese and teriyaki style chicken. Throughout the year join Uwajimaya Bellevue for "Flavor of Uwajimaya" days, with special in-store demonstrations and select vendors on hand to answer questions about products and wares. Also located next to Bellevue Uwajimaya is Kiku Restaurant.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sematay's Profile Photo

Re: Furnished Apartment or Hotel for Two week stay in Bellevue?

by Sematay Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Thanks Bunsch! This helps a lot.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines