Bellevue Travel Answers

change location
bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Downtown Bellevue

by bocmaxima Online Now Sep 29, 2006 at 7:29 AM

I'm considering staying at a hotel in Downtown Bellevue for a couple of nights in November, most likely around Main Street and the 405.
What is Downtown Bellevue like? I see a lot of restaurants and bars in the immediate area but are these only open during the day or weekdays when the office workers are there? Is it safe at night to walk around in? Even if it is safe, is there anything worth walking to? Does anyone have any pictures?
Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

RE: Downtown Bellevue

by YVRDave Online Now Sep 29, 2006 at 7:41 AM

Some areas have things to do, some are just office buildings and road construction. If I remember it is west Bellevue that has more to do.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Downtown Bellevue

by bocmaxima Online Now Sep 29, 2006 at 3:40 PM

What would be considered "West Bellevue" exactly? It seems like a more north-south town.
    Thanks for the reply.

• YVRDave's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Downtown Bellevue

by YVRDave Online Now Sep 29, 2006 at 11:04 PM

Off 405 turn left up the hill past the Courtyard Marriott. There was a theatre there and other neon lights, maybe by the mall? It was dark and I was looking for my hotel.
    I prefered Kirkland and West Seattle.

• barney1974's Profile Photo

RE: Downtown Bellevue

by barney1974 Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 3:33 PM

There are a lot of restaurants/bars open during night. You won't have to go far either as they are all within walking distance. Downtown by the mall (bellevue square and lincoln square are the main buildings) is where they are all located at. it's very safe at night. just use common sense but there are usually people out and about even in november. what types of places would you want to walk too?

• Sematay's Profile Photo

Re: Downtown Bellevue

by Sematay Online Now Jul 30, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Are you going there for business? I went last year in September for business, and I felt that it was much a business oriented city then tourist area. As far as places to go for dinner or a drink after work it seems safe and plenty of options.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines