Belle-Île-en-Mer Travel Answers

change location

Train to Quiberon

by lourdes45 Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 7:21 AM

My husband and I will be going to Belle-Ile-en Mer on the third week of May. We will be coming from Paris. Is there a train that goes straight to Quiberon from Paris? If there is, which station in Paris? And how long would the journey be? Thank you.

Lourdes

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • HansDK's Profile Photo

Re: Train to Quiberon

by HansDK Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 7:26 AM

TGV from Paris Montparnasse to Auray. Then bus to Quiberon.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Train to Quiberon

by lourdes45 Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Thank you HansDK. That info was most helpful. How long would the train ride be from Paris to Auray and the bus ride to Quiberon? Is the bus station near the train station in Auray? Would you have an idea re cost of train and bus? I am sorry for the many questions but any information you can share can help us as we make our plans.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Prices can vary, depending on the day and date in May. Most days for example are as low as 22 euros, but for the Sat. 7th 47 euros. Check your dates and prices on www.sncf.com.
    Time for this trip Paris - Auray between 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 hours.

Just had a look for buses and found this on the sncf site.

voyages-sncf.com/billet-trai.... I just put the 21st in as a nominal date, play around and put in the real date.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

by cochinjew Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 8:59 AM

montparnasse to auray 3 hr 20 minutes direct and a little longer if you have to change the train in Rennes
    during the summer months there is a train from Auray to Quiberon which runs about five times a day. But there is a bus which makes the trip from Auray to Quiberon, which is usually accomplished in about 35 minutes. the train ride is very pleasant and it is better to buy the ticket in Auray rather than in paris.
    montparnasse to auray as mentioned depends upon:
    the day the hour the age of the traveler the class of service. I have traveled in first class for just one euro more, occasionally they discount first class. but the first class cabins are not that nice. second class is adequate and comfortable. nonstop to rennes and then redon and vannes and auray, the train continues to Quimper.
    You can either stay in Quiberon and catch the ferry next day and enjoy Quiberon which is a lovely seaside town or go straight to belle ille by ferry. the time tables and fares are available on line.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Belle-Île-en-Mer