Bellagio Travel Answers

change location

Hotels iN Bellagio

by mkkrao10 Online Now Jul 29, 2012 at 5:08 AM

My wife and a I are going to be spending 3 nights in Bellagio in mid September.

I have narrowed down the hotel options to Hotel Belvedere and Hotel Excelsior Splendide. We want to stay in a 4 star or better, and yet nOT spend a fortune !
Anyone who has stayed at either hotel, please give us your opinion and any advice that you can offer so that the stay will be pleasant.
Hotel Belvedere seems to offer splendid views, but is the walk up the hill an issue? my wife and I are in our early 60s, healthy and active, but we don't want to get tired walking up and down all day.

If any of you suggest an alternate hotel, we can still change our minds.
Thanks\
K

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

Re: Hotels iN Bellagio

by goodfish Online Now Jul 29, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Hi - haven't stayed in either but have been to Bellagio and past both hotels. In case you don't get any firsthand answers, I took a look at reviews on both Trip Advisor and Booking.com. - my favorites for researching hotels, as well a Venere.

As far as walking, here are couple of useful comments on Trip Advisor regarding Belvedere:

"The walk into the centre of Bellagio was either down a series of steps or an easier more level route through the park. We are both in our sixties and had no problems with the rather pleasant walk."

"There is a steep-ish walk from the port, but there is also a route which has a moderate and gentle incline - one couple we met whilst there were over 80 and made the walk every day."

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

booking.com/hotel/it/belvede...

Hotel Excelsior Splendide is on a level street not far from the ferry docks.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

booking.com/hotel/it/excelsi...

Of the two, Belvedere is ranked significantly higher on both sites.

But a word of caution involving walking? Bellagio is built on the side of a hill so other than the waterfront, exploring the town will involve climbing steep streets and steps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines