Bellagio Travel Answers

change location

Bellagio to Venice

by mhemlock Online Now May 9, 2010 at 8:07 AM

We will be in Bellagio in mid-September; from Bellagio we will go on to Venice. I am wondering if there is an alternative way to go from Bellagio to Venice other than the train route that goes from Como to Milan to Venice? Are there suitable buses or car services (not car rentals)?

Thanks to all to any who consider this question.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: Bellagio to Venice

by qaminari Online Now May 9, 2010 at 5:47 PM

There's a bus from Bellagio to Como but not from there to Venice. As an alternative to starting from Como, you can take the train from Varenna, but either way you have to change in Milan. You CAN take a bus from Milan to Padova and from there to Venice, but I think it takes about 5 hours so it would be much better by train. There are plenty of chauffeur-driven car services, ask for a quote from barindelli.it/bellagio-malpe..., www.comolimo.com, www.milanobycar.com (or ask for local advice, someone in your hotel may know someone...).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • zacchio's Profile Photo

Re: Bellagio to Venice

by zacchio Online Now May 9, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I suggest train.
    The area around Milan is the most chaotic that you can find in Italy.
    Jam traffic is killing everybody.
    Consider that Venice train station is a perfect location to reach easely dowtown:
    from the train you take the "vaporetto" boat and go directly to "Piazza San Marco" by "Canal Grande".
    it is very comfortable, you have only to be careful to the pickpockets that are waiting for the tourists :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines