Bellagio Travel Answers

change location
corrads's Profile Photo

Bellagio to Varenna-ferry times

by corrads Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 7:24 AM

I am hoping someone can help me with this. I am trying to book transportation from Bellagio to Venice for Friday September 28. I am staying in Bellagio and wish to get to Venice by 12-1PM.

I plan to ferry from Bellagio to Varenna
Train from Varenna to Milan
Train from Milan to Venice

Questions??? Does anyone know how long it takes to ferry from Bellagio to Varenna?
I found the link below, but I am not sure if it contains arrival times or if I am even reading it right.
navigazionelaghi.it/eng/com/...

I found a train leaving Varenna Esino at 7:25AM, arrives in Milan 8:30AM
Then I found a train leaving Milan at 9:05AM and arriving in Venice at 12:09 PM

This means my ferry departing from Bellagio needs to arrive in Varenna before 7:25AM to leave me enough time to get there. I see on this schedule that there is a ferry departing Bellagio at 6:20, via Menaggio to Varenna, but I have no idea when it's scheduled to arrive in Varenna. Please help :)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • corrads's Profile Photo

Re: Bellagio to Varenna-ferry times

by corrads Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 8:31 AM

Thanks Billy!

So it takes about 20 mins by ferry to get from Bellagio to Menaggio. Then about 20 more mins to get from Menaggio to Varenna?

I heard going straight from Varenna to Bellagio it takes about 10-15 mins. SO I guess that makes good sense :)

Any recommendations on things to do while in Bellagio? Varenna? It's our Honeymoon, we have about 2 and 1/2 days on the lake then we head to Venice. I would love to go horseback riding. Have you been? We aren't opposed to doing a lot of relaxing either.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • r13's Profile Photo

Re: Bellagio to Varenna-ferry times

by r13 Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Hi,

Since there is a ferry leaving 7.00 to Bellagio, I think that's the one you will use to arrive from Bellagio. Which leaves 25 minutes to reach railway station. It is walk to the hill. I don't know how much luggage you have and how fit you are, but generaly it should be no problem to walk there.

Regarding trains. I hope, that Varenna - Milano train will not be late so early in the morning, because when we were taking it during the day it was late around 10 - 15 min. Have all tickets on hands before - when we were in Varenna this May terminal selling the tickets at station was out of order and I had impression it was not working for some time already. If terminal is not woking and you don't have tickes- get on the train and IMMEDIATELY contact the conductor to buy the ticket, othervise he/she will fine you.

I liked Varenna much more than Bellagio (we were staying in Milano and just visiting the villages). In Varenna there is a castle on the hill, which we unfortunately didn't manage to visit, I have red the view is great from there. There are two fantastic gardens, I found Fiumelatte river dissapointing and not worth the walk.

We spent just a couple of hours in Bellagio and it is very touristy and "unnatural". Go to the "tip" of the village, where is very nice view to the lake, Varenna and Menagio. There is also "La Punta" cafe, which is maybe overpriced, but very pleasant to sit and enjoy cofee and the view.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines