Bellagio Travel Answers

change location

Milan to Bellagio

by Robinska Online Now Jan 7, 2007 at 10:06 AM

How do you get from the Milan train station to our hotel in Bellagio? Is there a train directly from Milan to Bellagio, or do we take the train to Como and then ferry to Bellagio? I am sure there is a simple answer to this common question but this seemed the best place to get it! Thanks for any suggestions.
Kathy

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

RE: Milan to Bellagio

by mccalpin Online Now Jan 7, 2007 at 11:23 AM

First, are you saying that the hotel's website doesn't tell you how to get there?

Second, there does not appear to be any rail service in or even near Bellagio. However, I don't know that going to Como is the right answer since Como is way far down the lake from Bellagio...Varenna might make more sense - there are a number of direct trains daily from Milan to Varenna (and more that change in Lecco), and there appears to be a short ferry ride over to Bellagio.

Third, I've never been to Bellagio, so there may be a much better way to do it than through Varenna...but I thought that I would start the ball rolling...sometimes, people seem more willing to come on and correct previous posts than be the first one ;-)

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

RE: Milan to Bellagio

by qaminari Online Now Jan 7, 2007 at 11:30 AM

As you point out that this is a common question, have you looked at all the information in previous questions/answers on this subject? E.g.
    forum.virtualtourist.com/9/d...
    Googling "getting to Bellagio" reinforces the suggestion to take the train from Milan to Como and then ferry or bus, see teich.net/wedding/toBellagio...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines