Bellagio Travel Answers

change location

Travel from Cinque Terre to Lake Como?

by mpung Online Now Oct 3, 2004 at 4:24 PM

What is the easiest way to travel from Cinque Terre to Lake Como? Any suggested hotel accomodations in the Lake Como area? Which city on the lake do people like best? Thanks so much!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Monza_dh's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from Cinque Terre to Lake Como?

by Monza_dh Online Now Oct 4, 2004 at 8:37 AM

I've driven from Como to Cinque Terre and back but I think Train is the best bet unless you really need a car . I really enjoyed Bellagio, Como, Cernobio and Torno. I drove through Lecco and other small towns on the way to Bellagio (from Bergamo) but didn't spend tim in them. Lecco has dramatic scenery around it but I wouldn't spend time there. Many people like Verenna, but I didn't spend time there either. Bellagio is a picture perfect spot with a slow pace and a relaxing atmosphere. There are winding streets with shops and cafes along the lake. There are also a few great places to swim as well. We had a great reasonably priced dinner right on the water. It was a great place to experience. Cernobbio is very small but has a splendid boardwalk a few cafe's , hotels and shops.The ferries stop here and it is not far from Como. Ville de Este is in Cernabbio and is always voted on of the best hotels in the word. http://www.villadeste.it/cgi/index.asp I liked Como, since it has many shops and cafe's, a cathedral and is the major transportation hub on the south side of the lake. It has real people living there, not just ALL tourists and has a good feel to it I thought. No matter where you go take the boats around and you'll enjoy it. here's a link with ferry info: http://www.bellagio.co.nz/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Travel from Cinque Terre to Lake Como?

by beejay421 Online Now Sep 18, 2005 at 7:20 PM

You can take the train from the Cinque Terre to Milan and transfer for Como. I love Bellagio and two reasonable hotels are the Giardinetto and the Suisse. The Suisse is on the water and the Giardinetto is above the town--a little walk but clean with a lovely garden.

While in the Cinque Terre--go to Riomaggiore and go down to the little harbor for dinner at the La Lanterna. Fantastic food and beautiful setting.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines