Bellagio Travel Answers

change location

Travel From Miilan to Bellagio

by bobsprincess Online Now Sep 17, 2004 at 4:03 PM

Hi All! My husband & I are meeting in Milan and then going to spend 6 nights in Bellagio at the Hotel Florence. He is in Iraq now and I REALLY want everything to run smoothly for us as we go from Milan to Bellagio. His flight gets in around 4pm on Tues. Oct. 12. I arrive in the morning and will wait for him. What is the easiest route to Bellagio from there? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. This is a very special time for us and a much needed break as we also have a son in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. So thanks in advance! Peggy A.K.A. Bob's Princess

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • lospaccone's Profile Photo

RE: Travel From Miilan to Bellagio

by lospaccone Online Now Mar 18, 2005 at 5:30 AM

Hi, when my wife and I went from Milan to Bellagio we hired a private car. This was really cool and relaxing.. there are some great views of the lake from the roadway on the way to bellagio.. The cost was about200 dollars U.S. but so worth it. We didnt have to fumble with train/ferry scheduals and navigating unfamiliar territory. I would definatly go this route again given the choice.
    When we left Bellagio we took the Ferry to Como, then wandered about for a while until we found the train station. (My wife wasnt too fond of dragging luggage through Como, although we could have taken a taxi) We then took the train from Como to Milan. The Ferry ride was totally awesome, very relaxing and scenic. You would need to take two trains to get to Bellagio so you may be rushing for a train or have a long delay. Hope this helps you. Good Luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Travel From Miilan to Bellagio

by beejay421 Online Now Sep 18, 2005 at 7:26 PM

You can take the train from Milan to Varenna-Essino and then a 15 minute ferry ride to Bellagio. It is not difficult and very easy. Just make sure the train stops in Varenna. Look at the departure board for your train and see if the Varenna train station is listed. You can also go to trenitalia.com and put in Milan to Varenna--you will get all the trains going to Varenna on your day of departure. Bellagio is beautiful. Take the ferry to towns on the lake--a great way to spend the day.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines