Belize City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Belise doctors & hospitals

by ccotellesse Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

how clean is the ocean water & how accesable to it?
      what about doctors % hospitals?

2 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 6:13 AM
    • kahnjetta's Profile Photo

Want to know what to do and where to go?

by kahnjetta Online Now May 7, 2014 at 4:34 PM

What is the best hotel to stay at while in Belize, and great ideas what to do while there?

8 Answers May 20, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    • cruise question off about Belize and Cozumel

by moniultra18 Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Iam going in cruise to Belize and Cozumel, my question is if im a resident permanent( i have my green card) and i also have a Cuban passport. Do i need a visa to enter to any of this two places? Please answer ASAP im leaving in a week from now

6 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 10:47 AM
    • Passport for Ambergris Caye?

by mtdollar Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Cruising on Carnival to Belize City, closed-loop with no passport. Can I fly to Ambergris Caye for the day without a passport since cruising into Belize? Thanks.

12 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    • Getting around in Belize City.

by Hertel Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Arriving on a cruise ship. Can I walk to many places in Belize city or must I have tours arranged? Is there safe public transportation?

4 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • spudbro's Profile Photo

pets from goldson airport to caye caulker

by spudbro Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM

I have just about finalized my travel plan. I need someone to answer me this: How can I get my kennelled dog from the airport to caye caulker? What are the various costs?

Thank you,
      Chris

• Lamani Tour

by msymmn Online Now Dec 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM

10 or so years ago we took a tour of the above by river. WE were picked up by a driver at the water taxi stand (staying at Caye Caulker) then taken to a bridge where we rode a boat to the ruins and then back in reverse. I am looking for a tour group that does this now.

1 Answer Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Altun Ha or Xunantunich?

by JocelynAguilar Online Now Oct 10, 2013 at 9:58 PM

If you can only choose one, which one would be and why? I have only one day to go...

2 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    • eaglek44's Profile Photo

Cruise Question about getting off in Belize City

by eaglek44 Online Now Aug 15, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I am going on a cruise Sept 7th leaving from Miami Florida and going to Belize City and would like to know for certain I do not need a passport to get off the ship. Thanks.

9 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    • Jerseyboy_88's Profile Photo

Belize City Transportation to San Ignacio, Belize

by Jerseyboy_88 Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Has any one else used the chicken buses from Belize City to San Ignacio before? Is it Luggage friendly? How much is it? Thanks all :D

3 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    • Jerseyboy_88's Profile Photo

Belize City to San Ignacio

by Jerseyboy_88 Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Where do the buses depart from in Belize City that go to San Ignacio? The Water Taxi Terminal or elsewhere? And do they have room for luggages?

2 Answers Jan 28, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    • GeriB7's Profile Photo

Cost of taxi?

by GeriB7 Online Now Jan 15, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Arriving on cruise ship on Jan. 29th. What would be the cost of a taxi from cruise port to Municipal airport??
      Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 16, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    • dustmon's Profile Photo

Ladyville vacation

by dustmon Online Now Nov 29, 2012 at 5:03 AM

Hi folks---we are in the planning stages for our trip to Belize this coming May or June---we have a house rental in LadyVille with use of a car---been reading about crime and such in the area, and I think we will be OK in this neighborhood----we have 3 day trips we want to do, and wondering if we can really do a day trip to Tikal from there? Also any restaurants in Ladyville worth checking out? Thanx in advance!

Dusty

1 Answer Jan 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    • bead shops?

by khankins Online Now Jun 26, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I was in Belize City once before, a few years ago and remember a lot of little shops outside the 'tourist' area. My wife makes jewelry and I was wondering if anyone knows of a place there where they sell beads. She uses a lot of different kinds of jasper....

Thanks!

Kevin

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Transportation around the country

by dustmon Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 5:01 AM

We want to go to Belize either October or November, wanting to start by flying into Belize International Airport, then we want to go to Placencia for 3 nights, and then to the mountains (Five Sisters Lodge) for 3-4 nights, then back to the airport for our flight home. We may just veg at the beach not really needing a car, and the Lodge has tours with transportation included. What are our options with approximate costs for getting from the airport to Placencia, then to Five Sisters, and then back to the airport?
      I did look up Tropic Air from Belize City to Placencia at89 per person, sounds pretty good.....
      Specifically is Caracol worth a trip from the Lodge?
      Thanx in advance.....

1 Answer Jul 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    • taxi

by tkmcneil Online Now Sep 5, 2011 at 3:27 PM

i will be in belize city on cruise in a couple of weeks. i want to rent a taxi from port to belmapon. my business will take about 2 hours. want would cost be for a taxi for 5 hours or do you have other suggestions?

2 Answers Sep 5, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    • where can I park my car before I get on the water taxi?

by amargrav Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I'm picking up my husband at the airport and then we are going to drive to the water taxis. Anyone know of a safe place to park the car for a few days?

5 Answers Apr 4, 2011 at 4:16 PM
    • JJfromNJ's Profile Photo

Belize City Via International Bus

by JJfromNJ Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 9:32 AM

I want to go to Ambergris Caye for some diving. I'm planning on taking the bus from either Cozumel or Guatemala City to Belize City, and then a boat over to Ambergris. Which bus journey is easiest/quickest? I've looked into flights but they're too expensive.

Thanks!

5 Answers Feb 11, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    • hugs4misuns's Profile Photo

LARGE SHELLS

by hugs4misuns Online Now Oct 18, 2009 at 6:53 AM

This is my first time on this sight but will be traveling to Belize on a cruise, what I wanted to know, is there any place on Belize to buy very large shells, are there special sights to see within walking distance, is it ok to drink their water?

Thank you for any help you can give me

Bonnie

15 Answers Oct 18, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    • safe for 21 year old woman to do internship in belize city???

by roachrp Online Now Mar 23, 2009 at 7:44 AM

daughter planned on going to belize city to do humanitarian internship, possibly with the garifuna people. red flags abound at this point about her safety as we read lots of reports about how dangerous this destination is. please give us input. she would not be with a group, just herself. are these crime reports ovrblown, or should we be genuinely concerned?
      are there other areas of the country belize which would be a safer choice?
      thanks so much for any input/experiences in this city.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2009 at 5:49 PM
    • One day in Belize city

by dppp Online Now Nov 17, 2008 at 7:17 AM

We will be in Belize City for one day as part of a cruise. What's the best touristy thing and the best local fun bar?

2 Answers Nov 19, 2008 at 10:10 AM
    • Going to Belize and thinking about guatamala...

by mervenbeck Online Now Jul 30, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Has anyone taken their kids into these countries and how would you think that would go? Is it a good idea or bad?

1 Answer Jul 31, 2008 at 6:53 AM
    • Boat transportation from Guatemala to Belize City

by alejandrortiz Online Now May 23, 2008 at 1:55 PM

hello!

we are three mexican tourists looking for boat transportation from rio dulce, guatemala, to belize city, one way, around july 22nd, and i want to know who could provide this service.

thank you in advance for your help

alejandro ortiz

1 Answer May 27, 2008 at 8:14 PM
    • theadventurer's Profile Photo

Belize City To Tikal in Guatemala

by theadventurer Online Now May 17, 2008 at 6:46 PM

My wife and I wish to visit Tikal, Guatemala in July. We plan to take an air-conditioned bus early morning from Belize City to El Remate, Guatemala, then on to Tikal the same day. Is there a bus that goes directly to Tikal? Or do we have to change bus at San Ignacio, Belize?

How long would it take before we get to Tikal?

Thanks.

1 Answer May 18, 2008 at 5:41 PM
    • CaGypsy's Profile Photo

Dog Kennels?

by CaGypsy Online Now Dec 3, 2007 at 5:41 AM

We made the 3600 mile trek from California to Belize...yahoo!!!

Now we have an opportunity to fly to San Pedro for the night - and I don't know what to do with my dog...yikes!

Does anyone have any information on dog kennels in the area? It's not my first choice, but I don't know anyone here yet and am feeling a bit stuck

Thanks - you guys are always soooo helpful!

3 Answers Jun 23, 2008 at 2:59 PM
    • livinmydreams's Profile Photo

Place to stay in Caye Caulker

by livinmydreams Online Now Oct 10, 2007 at 10:21 AM

Hello everyone - First of all let me say thank you to all of you who have built your Caye Caulker pages. I have enjoyed using them to assist me in planning my trip.

Trents or Trenton's, the place I wanted to stay at is booked solid during the time I am looking at going. I am also looking at a place called Popeyes which is located just down from the water taxi doc. Has anyone stayed there? Any comments? In addition does anyone know how far of a walk it is to the Split? Are bike rentals available and if they are do they work well on the sand beaches? I know we can rent a golf cart but will probably choose not to in order to save since our hotel may end up costing us more than we planned.

In addition if there is any VT members that will be in Caye Caulker Dec 26th 07 - Jan 1st 08 my boyfriend and I would love to hook up for a drink to say hello!

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
      Christy

5 Answers Dec 7, 2007 at 5:55 PM
    • livinmydreams's Profile Photo

Getting to Tekal

by livinmydreams Online Now Oct 7, 2007 at 7:49 PM

We are hoping to rent a care and trave into Guatemala for a few days. Does anyone know if you can take a car rented in Belize over to Guatemala? I also heard car rentals where really exensive in Belize, does anyone know of a good company to use or have any suggestions?

Thanks,
      Christy

4 Answers Oct 9, 2007 at 7:15 AM
    • accomodation in the city

by caraleh Online Now Aug 24, 2007 at 4:21 PM

Hi! I[m busing in from Guatemala and flying from Belize City early the next morning. Can anyone suggest a cheapish hotel in the vicinity?

1 Answer Sep 21, 2007 at 4:51 PM
    • Chartering a sailboat

by earthkirk Online Now Feb 20, 2007 at 9:46 AM

Can anyone recommend someone in Belize City to talk to about chartering a sailboat for an extended trip?

I´m working my way down to Belize by way of Mexico. Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Kirk

1 Answer Feb 20, 2007 at 9:56 AM
    • Ok I have landed at Intern. where is the ferry.....

by miicemaiden Online Now Feb 14, 2007 at 6:15 PM

I am so new to this...but could someone please tell me how to get to a ferry to San Pedro from International airport in Belize City?

3 Answers Feb 19, 2007 at 4:13 PM