Belize City Travel Answers

change location

taxi

by tkmcneil Online Now Sep 5, 2011 at 3:27 PM

i will be in belize city on cruise in a couple of weeks. i want to rent a taxi from port to belmapon. my business will take about 2 hours. want would cost be for a taxi for 5 hours or do you have other suggestions?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: taxi

by Odinnthor Online Now Sep 5, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Yes, you can do that, or just take the bus. Belmopan (not Belmapon) is about an hour ride from Belize City, and there is a bus on the hour every hour between the two. (hour and a half in a bus....)

A taxi in Belmopan, - will take you anywhere in town for around five bucks (US$5.00 or ten BZ dollars)

You are talking about a taxi to Belmopan and then have him wait to take you back, - correct? You should negotiate a fare before you go. US50-75.00 will get you there, plus waiting and a trip back. I would simply take a taxi there and then take one back when done. Cheaper and easier. Belmopan may be the smallest capital in the world, but it does have a lot of capital amenities, including plenty of transport.

guidetobelize.info/en/travel...

Remember that taxis are often unidentifiable so note the taxi cab's green licence plate.

Frankly you may just want to rent a car for that short time and it will likely cost less.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: taxi

by grandmaR Online Now Sep 5, 2011 at 7:15 PM

I too would recommend just renting a car. It will probably be cheaper and it is a fairly easy drive.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines