Belize

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Planning to revisit Caye Caulker in July 2014

Caye Caulker Apr 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Wanting suggestions on low cost option for house, my wife and I are are 56 yrs. old. We are Christian Missionaries in the US are getting close to turning this ministry over to another and interested in ministry in Caye Caulker. On our visit in Feb. I spoke with several Nationals, seemed very open wanting to visit a second time for a longer period of time. Needing some input, anyone, anything thanks

more
    • rental car

Belize Mar 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Will I need to pay extra for insurance on top of what I carry on my car policy?

more
    • Touring Belize

Belize Mar 31, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Wife and I will be in Belize 2nd week in August. Not really vacation, rather looking for potential sites to have a 2nd home. Interested in Caye Caulker, Palencia area, Stann Creek, possibly Ambergris Caye. Plan on ocean and reef access, view and will have a boat. What is the best way to travel (renting a car, plane/taxi) and in those areas what are good places to stay (comfortable, safe with A/C)? Not looking to rough it, but don't need San Francisco prices either.

more
    • what caye is best for us

Ambergris Cay Mar 25, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Family of 4 heading to belize in early August and I dont know what caye to stay on. Please help. I was going to try to rent a VRBO place to stay, I want nice beaches to wade in and snorkel, restaraunts and shops to window shop. I dont want seclusion and I dont want super packed crowded bumping into people tryjng to sell me stuff every 15 minutes. I would love to rent a scooter or golf cart. We want to stay in a nice accomadations not low budget accomadations. We dont want to take a 2 hour water taxi ride to get there, too long. Ight tame a day trip to mainland for cave tour.

more
    • Noisy near airport?

Caye Caulker Mar 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM

If you stay on the southern part of the island, near the air strip, how noisy is it with planes flying over the beach?

more
    • Passport for Ambergris Caye?

Belize City Apr 11, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Cruising on Carnival to Belize City, closed-loop with no passport. Can I fly to Ambergris Caye for the day without a passport since cruising into Belize? Thanks.

more
    • Passport for Ambergris Caye?

Belize City Apr 11, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Cruising on Carnival to Belize City, closed-loop with no passport. Can I fly to Ambergris Caye for the day without a passport since cruising into Belize? Thanks.

12 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    • Planning to revisit Caye Caulker in July 2014

Caye Caulker Apr 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Wanting suggestions on low cost option for house, my wife and I are are 56 yrs. old. We are Christian Missionaries in the US are getting close to turning this ministry over to another and interested in ministry in Caye Caulker. On our visit in Feb. I spoke with several Nationals, seemed very open wanting to visit a second time for a longer period of time. Needing some input, anyone, anything thanks

• Touring Belize

Belize Mar 31, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Wife and I will be in Belize 2nd week in August. Not really vacation, rather looking for potential sites to have a 2nd home. Interested in Caye Caulker, Palencia area, Stann Creek, possibly Ambergris Caye. Plan on ocean and reef access, view and will have a boat. What is the best way to travel (renting a car, plane/taxi) and in those areas what are good places to stay (comfortable, safe with A/C)? Not looking to rough it, but don't need San Francisco prices either.

4 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    • what caye is best for us

Ambergris Cay Mar 25, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Family of 4 heading to belize in early August and I dont know what caye to stay on. Please help. I was going to try to rent a VRBO place to stay, I want nice beaches to wade in and snorkel, restaraunts and shops to window shop. I dont want seclusion and I dont want super packed crowded bumping into people tryjng to sell me stuff every 15 minutes. I would love to rent a scooter or golf cart. We want to stay in a nice accomadations not low budget accomadations. We dont want to take a 2 hour water taxi ride to get there, too long. Ight tame a day trip to mainland for cave tour.

5 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • Noisy near airport?

Caye Caulker Mar 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM

If you stay on the southern part of the island, near the air strip, how noisy is it with planes flying over the beach?

8 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • rental car

Belize Mar 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Will I need to pay extra for insurance on top of what I carry on my car policy?

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:33 AM
    • where to stay

Belize Mar 8, 2014 at 2:48 PM

I don't want to stay in belize city. Where is a good hotel that will be easy to get into the jungle, mayan sites, cave tubing, ect?

3 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    • beautiful beaches

Belize Mar 1, 2014 at 8:57 PM

We are going to Belize on a cruise, have set of twins age 3 and 16 year old, most of things to do, our twins can,t do, we opt for a beautiful beach in Placencia resort area, where it is safe, clean, has restaurants nearby /

2 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 6:19 AM
    • we will be going to belize on a cruise ship in March

Placencia Village Mar 1, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I see that placencia has several beaches with resorts on it, as a cruise passenger are we able to get access to use their beaches, we have a set of twins age 3 and a 16 year old, would like to go to a beautiful beach, with restaurants nearby, clean facilities to use, how far away is placencia from the area when cruise ships come into port?

5 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    • scurry10's Profile Photo

the best way to get to belize from cancun

Belize Feb 21, 2014 at 9:26 AM

i will be visiting cancun, mexico and I would like to visit belize. what would be the best way to get to belize from cancun. Is there any planes that go there.

11 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 8:47 AM
    • Hobie cat ride 1/2 day

Ambergris Cay Feb 12, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I am staying at the Spindrift Hotel and would like to go out on a hobie cat ….Where is the nearest place to walk and go sailing?

• Possibly moving need information

Ambergris Cay Feb 7, 2014 at 8:24 PM

So my boyfriend and I are from the U.S. and we're thinking about moving to Ambergris Caye, Belize in the next couple of years. Could someone please give me a little information about the things I'll need before making this move? Also could I get an average number on the amount of money I'll need to have saved before making this move? Are there many job opportunities for people coming from another country there? I know I'll need to get a work permit how long will that take can I apply for one before I move?

1 Answer Feb 8, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    • Getting around in Belize City.

Belize City Feb 6, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Arriving on a cruise ship. Can I walk to many places in Belize city or must I have tours arranged? Is there safe public transportation?

4 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • spudbro's Profile Photo

pets from goldson airport to caye caulker

Belize City Jan 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM

I have just about finalized my travel plan. I need someone to answer me this: How can I get my kennelled dog from the airport to caye caulker? What are the various costs?

Thank you,
      Chris

• kc4ness's Profile Photo

Water or air from airport to Caye Caulker

Caye Caulker Jan 15, 2014 at 2:32 PM

It cost more by air - but does it really matter which travel method is used? And I am curious about the lack of recent posts about this destination. Old news is no news! By the way I am staying at one of Wish Willys rentals for Feb. and March of this year.

2 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 8:14 AM
    • Should I travel to Belize? I am a 30 year old single guy from Newport Beach California

Ambergris Cay Jan 14, 2014 at 5:38 PM

My friend has free room for me for 5 days in belize next week if I want to go... Will I be bored out of my mind for that long there? What will I do ? Will I meet girls? How much money will I be spending if my room is free?

4 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 7:27 PM
    • boat ride from belize city to cay caulker

Caye Caulker Jan 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM

my flight is scheduled to land at 4:30 at Belize city... the last boat is scheduled to leave 5:35 towards Caye Caulker, is this enough time to make the boat? Is there any safety concerns to be aware of from the taxi ride from the airport to the water taxi station?

5 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 9:24 AM
    • bats, snakes, spiders

Caye Caulker Jan 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM

what are my chances to run into snakes, trantulas, or bats while I am in Caye Caulker... don't mean to sound like a big baby :) but would really like to be prepared when I arrive!

5 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    • Advice on Caribbean/ Central American destination?

Caye Caulker Jan 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Hi!
      Looking to take a vacation with my hubby, we are 28 and 31, and excited to spend a week away from the kids :). I am trying to decide on a Caribbean or Central American destination, but cannot pick one! This will be our first time in the Caribbean/ Central American region.
      The main attributes I am looking for are LOTS of adventure and water sports, and limited amount of tourists. I am looking to get a bit off the beaten path, and dont want to spend the week swarmed by other tourists!
      I looked at Belize (Amberigris Caye and Caye Caulker) and at Bocas del Toro. Belize seems a tad crime-ridden for my taste...

Any suggestions? Thank you!!

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • SAN PEDRANO hotel, San Pedro, BZ

San Pedro Dec 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Does any one have the email address for the San Pedrano? I've never stayed there but it looks OK and I'd like to get in touch with them. Thanks and Happy Traveling! Dave

1 Answer Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Lamani Tour

Belize City Dec 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM

10 or so years ago we took a tour of the above by river. WE were picked up by a driver at the water taxi stand (staying at Caye Caulker) then taken to a bridge where we rode a boat to the ruins and then back in reverse. I am looking for a tour group that does this now.

• Pros and cons getting to Ambergris from Belize city

Ambergris Cay Dec 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Should I fly or take the 3 hour boat from Belize city to ambergris...please give your reasons why...

Many thanks

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • seeing everything, de

Belize Nov 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I am interested in coming for a
      month in feb.20014
      I have never been there before and interested in seeing the

3 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    • Grocery Store - Fruit and Veggies

Ambergris Cay Nov 17, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Hello - headed to Ambergris Ca in a couple of weeks with 10 other family members.
      We are clear on using bottled water for everything. Curious about the fruit and veggies there. Do you suggest cooking everything or will we be safe with raw fruit and veggies.
      Also where can we buy good seafood for cooking dinner at the resort?

Thanks so much - Virginia

4 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • habitual_wanderer's Profile Photo

Solo Travel in Belize

Belize Nov 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Hello,
      I am a 29 year old female who has traveled quite a bit, but I am considering a solo trip to Belize in February 2014. Just looking for some opinions/ safety concerns I might have. I've heard not to spend much time in Belize City, which is fine. My plan would probably spend most of my time in Hopkins as I've heard this is one of the more laid back beaches (not crowded by cruise ship people). I'd also like to take the bus to Tikal Ruins in Guatemala for a day trip.
      Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
      Andrea

5 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    • CindyK11's Profile Photo

Local Guide

Belize Nov 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Looking for a local guide to help with monkey river trip, zoo, snorkel, fishing and general info Belize info. I don't want the group tours. Would love to hire a reasonably priced local person. We are staying in the Placencia area.

1 Answer Nov 10, 2013 at 9:22 AM
    • boat travel

Belize Nov 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Can we get a boat from southern Belize to mainland Honduras or a Honduran bay island?

1 Answer Nov 11, 2013 at 7:02 AM
    • Are there mopeds to rent around ambergris cay?

Ambergris Cay Nov 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Are there mopeds to rent?

• cris04's Profile Photo

Belize for 4 days: where to go and what to do?

Belize Oct 16, 2013 at 5:14 AM

Hello!
      My husband and I will have about 4 days in Belize in February. We live in Costa Rica, so we are pretty much comfortable with america central style.
      With only 4 days, we would like to know where is the most beautiful place to visit. We love beach and snorkeling. We like hiking and see animals.
      We hope to find a nice hotel/villa/cabin for less than 60$. Is it realistic?
      Thank you very much for all the tips you can give me.

20 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Altun Ha or Xunantunich?

Belize City Oct 10, 2013 at 9:58 PM

If you can only choose one, which one would be and why? I have only one day to go...

2 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 8:30 AM