Belize Travel Answers

change location

Driving from Cancun to Belize - Belmopan

by dixieshaw Online Now Aug 25, 2009 at 8:34 AM

We will have a group of about 12-14 people. Our trip will be the first week of November 2009. We are a mission group and we usually fly into Belize. It looks like we could save about3000.00 flying into Cancun and driving to Belize. Can anyone tell me if this would be a good plan? I have read it is about a 3 1/2 drive to Belize but how long would it take to drive to Belmopan? Are there fees when we depart Belize? At the airport there is a35.00 fee but I have not found if there are fees when driving across the border back into Mexico. Are there any other fees when crossing the border. I have read that we can rent vans in Cancun and they give you papers to cross the border so if anyone has anything to share I would appreciate it. Our luggage for 12-14 people might be a problem. We usually have someone in Belize pick us up with a trailer that we carry the luggage in. We usually have 1 suitcase full of things that we give away in Belize per person. Would this be a problem crossing the border?
If anyone could give us any travel tips I would appreciate it.

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines