Belgrade Travel Answers

change location

City Pass

by badang Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Does their city pass pay up? http://www.belgradepass.com/

Don't know what are their prices, I've heard Belgrade is cheap.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • planxty's Profile Photo

Re: City Pass

by planxty Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 5:58 AM

I was last in Belgrade in June 2011, although I did not use the pass as I was hangoing about with other VT members including one local member who arranged everything for us, so I cannot comment on that. I have no doubt some of our members with more knowledge will assist you soon.

In regard to cheap, it depends very much where you are from. I see you have just joined VT today an a very warm welcome to you. This is a great travel resource and a friendly place. Unfortunately, your profile page does not give an indication as to where you are. To put it in perspective, I live in London and I found Belgrade to be relatively inexpensive, certainly less expensive than Western Europe.

Hope this assists,

fergy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

by MacedonianUK Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM

In One word NO. Dont buy it s ripp Off.
    Beter buy Blue card is simmilar to London Oystercard für all Transport in Belgrade. Than walk, very walkable City. Ljubica Chorovic gude to Belgrade has 10 walks lästig up to 3 Hrs each. Gude cost€10 have Eng & Seb issue.
    Kalemegdan, Ruzica Church, St Sava Othodox chatedral, St Mark Church are all Free.
    Dont Miss Konak Kneginje Ljubice, entrance about €1.50. in Sat they have 3 Hrs Happening called coffe at Ljubicas Wehre you are Shown Way of Life in Serbin Court in early 1800s & you have Coffe and chat with Duchesse Ljubica. National Museum, Nikola Tesla Museum and few other are around2-4 euros .look in my Belgrade pages for Inspiration.
    For enträngest for Place of interest you dont Need more than 15-20euros max. And for all to See you Need atleast 7-9 days.

• planxty's Profile Photo

by planxty Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 8:52 AM

You see, I told you one of our experts would come around here soon and, right on cue, here is Valentina who knows the "Balkan" region really well. You have your answer now. As I said, this is a great place for information.

by MacedonianUK Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 8:55 AM

19 Euros plus P& P for discounted entrances is Way Too much as you will still need to pay for entrance.
    You can pick up Maps of BG from tourist booths at Zeleni Venac, Ushce Shopping mall,Tourist Info Center on Knez MihajlovaSt ( kod Konja), kalemegdan forthess, slavija, at Skupshtina and in Bulevar Revolucije.
    Also Belgrade has greeting volounteers which you can contact via the Official city greeters Website. So you really dont need to spend all that money.

• Re: City Pass

by travelllino Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Macedonian please tell me did you even look at the Belgrade pass offer prior to writing?

They got hotel and hostel discounts as well as rent-a-car. Belgrade isn't expensive but is not that cheap either. Only one hotel discount is enough to pay off 19 euros (even gain profit), everything else is pure bonus.

by MacedonianUK Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Yes I did actually looked into it, And I was in BG recently. Sorry but the pass do not include the cheap hostels dotted around Slavija and such, also the good hotels/hostels in BG. As for the Museums, which is really what the OP in interested if I got it right, sorry, but is really NOT good value. And prey tell WHY you need car in BG, when it has such a good and cheap public transport is beyond me. Have you recently tried to park your car in BG? I did, just off Zeleni Venac and it was so expensive it was like parking in one of the western capitals.... Anyway Belgrade is walk-able city no need for rent a car.. so that offer is out! You can have really good and cheap day out in BG, you don't need discount pass, which in reality is no discount as you will still have to pay entrance (abiet discounted) to enter museums, so when you put up that together is no discount at all. And lets face it Travellino, nothing is pure bonus, NOBODY will give you something for nothing, specially in Tourist industry, be the cheapest or most expensive city on the planet.. :)

by MacedonianUK Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM

And Travellino, judging by your profile (which is nothing there) and your quick to shoot of your hip, you must be one of the ppl who is peddling the Belgrade pass. And if you guys are offering such a good value for money, why you are not part of the Belgrade Info service? Why your pass cant be bought at the Belgrade Tourist office (main) off Knez Mihajlova opposite "Kod Konja" but I have (if I am interested tourist) to go all the way to your address? And if you are offering discounts on hotels in Belgrade, why I cant just get discount on hotels but there is catch of buy 2 get 3, so you have to stay minimum, or 15% discount on hotel which is in Zemun, miles from the Old town Belgrade. RE :Museums, you have discounts of lets say mid range 30% when you add the price of the Belgrade pass, there is no really discount as the prices in BG Museums are not that much AND if person don't have much time to see everything you offer is waste of money. Also the important museums are NOT covered.. so sorry IT IS vaste of money IMHO. Discounts in Restaurants? What you spend fortune in "3 sheshira" and you get free fruit salad, or turkish coffe in Resto ? (question mark) Don't make me lough!!! Anyway the good and cheap Restaurants and kafane are NOT on your list. The freebies offered in the BG pass are joke! Sorry but try to offer good discounts, not much, but whatever it is has to be good, take for example the brilliant Paris Museum Pass http://en.parismuseumpass.com/ When you have something similar like this one, than we can talk how good value is BG pass. Atractions, 80% off, you must be joking, you can do it for free. as I posted before, there is excellent gude for FREE walks by Lj Chorovich, and if you dont want to invest into gudebook, than use Belgrade Greeters: belgradegreeters.rs/en/index... "BELGRADE GREETERS Belgrade Greeters are friendly and enthusiastic Belgraders who are happy to share the city they love.A wonderful experience for families, friends and individual traveling solo, Greeters help travelers feel welcome and get more from their stay in Belgrade. Belgrade Greeters services are offered FREE OF CHARGE. Belgrade Greeters welcomes all visitors without regard to race, color, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. The Belgraders who serve as Greeters are all volunteers, come from varied backgrounds." So NO I STILL DONT THINK THAT BG pass is worth all that money!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines