Belgrade Travel Answers

change location
lesjameshall's Profile Photo

Belgrade - September 2011

by lesjameshall Online Now Aug 11, 2011 at 3:49 AM

I will be in Beograd for 5 days in early September. I have spent a little time in the City before and have read a variety of guidebooks about what to see and do. A little bit of local knowledge, however, is usually best in my experience.
FOOD - Is there a restaurant (Serbian food please) that is an absolute must visit? DRINK - Is there a bar/club that is essential? I am particularly interested in hearing some live Serbian or Roma music but I don't want to go somewhere too touristy! BEER - Does Belgrade have any micro breweries? MARKETS - Are there any good second hand markets? I am particularly interested in old (but working) cameras. DAY TRIP - What is the best day trip from the City?
Thank you very much everyone !
Les.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Re: Belgrade - September 2011

by MacedonianUK Online Now Aug 11, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I apsolutely adore SRPSKA KAFANA
    Address: Svetogorska 25
    Telefon: 00381 11 3247-197
    it is close to trg Republike and National Teater and National Museum. (you can read info on my BG page)
    Has best National food and the ambient is Belgrade between the Wold wars.. It is prudent to book in advance, just in case.

try CRNI PANTER splav on Sava river, is floating caffe/restaurant with Great Gypsy music...
    Also for good entertaimant nay splav cafee from Hotel Yugoslavia on Novi Beograd to the Park at Ushce.... Great ambiance and night out.

Best beer JELEN PIVO, I am not sure about micro breweries tho..
    buvlja Pijaca or second hand market every sunday at Block 77 on New Belgrade, ask at your place of stay (hotel) how to get there
    ticket for bus/tram/trolejus is 50 SERB dinars around 0.50c
    Day trip? lots to choose from.
    Manasija MOnastery, Donji Milanovac (in Gjerdap NP on Danube),Nish (Medijana and Chele kula),Frushka Gora NP and the monasteries there, Novi Sad, but I preffer small towns like Vrshac or Subotica...
    Best gude book for walks around Belgrade is danica Chorovichs gude to belgrade. 10 exceptional walks around town...
    Hope this helps!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lesjameshall's Profile Photo

Re: Belgrade - September 2011

by lesjameshall Online Now Aug 14, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Hi Guys,
    Thank you very much. Good info. Will check it all out. Really appreciate you taking the time to reply.
    Les.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines