Belgium

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tomorrowland

Boom Apr 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM

How safe is the music festival tonorrowland?

more
    • pinkdressgirl's Profile Photo

a love night n Brussels

Brussels Mar 24, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Anyone knows one of those nice hotels just for couples to spend a night?
      With romantic stuff and huge beds...
      I dont know nothing in Brussels or near by..
      Could you please advise?
      Thanks!

more
    • stevemt's Profile Photo

SIM CARD FOR DONGLE

Belgium Mar 23, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Hi all,

I will be traveling on a barge for 1 weeks in Belgium, and will need a sim card for my dongle.

The dongle supports the 850 and 2100 mhz bands.

I only want it for internet, not phone.

Any recomendations on a provider to go with for this, and what the price rang will be?

I will have a Netherlands sim card with me, would that work in Belgium?

Many thanks in advance

STEVE♠

more
    • Easter Monday in Brussels

Brussels Apr 20, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow is Easter Monday and I was wondering what to do in Brussels. Everything seems to be closed (museums, shops, etc.). Are there any nice events happening in the city? A friend is visiting from out of town and we want to find an activity to pass the day.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

more
    • Tomorrowland

Belgium Apr 16, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Is there any safety risks when going to tonorrowland in Belgium?
      Are there any people who die when attending tonorrowland in Belgium

more
    • Planning Bicycle Trips Around Brugge

Brugge Apr 18, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Would like to plan 3 days of "bicycle loop" trips from Brugge to the countryside and return.. with each trip being around 40 to 60 KM. I found a great route planning tool on the web but its all in flemish. Happy to pay somone to help me "map out the routes" but would prefer not to be in an organized tour per se. Suggestions welcome!!!

more
    • Canadian Abroad

Bastogne Apr 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I am visiting Bastogne from Canada. I would be coming via Paris. It looks like there is a train to Luxembourg, and then a bus to Bastogne. Is this correct and the best way to go about it or are there other options? From Bastogne I am going to Lille, France. Any suggestions? I would happily take accommodation recommendations as well. Thank you.

more
    • vladarr's Profile Photo

RELIABLE car hire company

Charleroi Apr 2, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hi,
      Can someone please recommend car hire company in Charleroi Airport as been reading bad reviews of car hire company.

Thank you in advance.

more
    • Bus or Coach Tour from Amsterdam to Brugge

Brugge Apr 1, 2014 at 5:43 AM

We are going to be in Amsterdam in May and would like to take a day trip to Brugge. Could someone recommend a coach tour

more
    • can i rent a bike in namur tomorrow?

Namur Apr 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM

can i rent a bike in namur tomorrow?

more
    • Fishing in brussels!! :)

Brussels Apr 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi i was hoping you could help me??, im thinking of booking my parents to go to brussels between the 4th and 8th September for their wedding anniversary.. They would be flying into brussels airport and i was hoping my dad would be able to do some fishing here!!
      I hear you have a beer festival on the first weekend of September also!! What date is the beer festival and where would be the best place to stay for scenic routes and also for fishing... My parents would like outdoorsy stuff..
      Sorry so many questions but i dont know an awful lot about brussels and trying to look into it :)
      Where would be the best accommodation for fishing?
      How could they attend chocolate day?
      What dates are the beer festivals on?
      How would i go about booking them transfers from the airport??
      My email addy is emmz2003@hotmail.com thanks so much for your time.
      Emma

more

very romantic weekend in Belgium

Etterbeek Mar 24, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Where to spend a very romantic and cheap weekend in Belgium?
      Besides the top 10 cities that everybody knows...
      I mean a special hotel just for couples...with nice beds and funny stuff...
      Anyone knows?

more
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Frequency of trains from Brugge to Lille

Brugge Apr 3, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Hello,

I will be visiting Bruges end Sept and will head on to Lille after that. Just wondering, are there frequent trains to Lille from Bruges? And should i pre-book tickets online?

Thanks!

more

Popular Belgium Travel Answer Locations

• Easter Monday in Brussels

Brussels Apr 20, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow is Easter Monday and I was wondering what to do in Brussels. Everything seems to be closed (museums, shops, etc.). Are there any nice events happening in the city? A friend is visiting from out of town and we want to find an activity to pass the day.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

2 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    • Planning Bicycle Trips Around Brugge

Brugge Apr 18, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Would like to plan 3 days of "bicycle loop" trips from Brugge to the countryside and return.. with each trip being around 40 to 60 KM. I found a great route planning tool on the web but its all in flemish. Happy to pay somone to help me "map out the routes" but would prefer not to be in an organized tour per se. Suggestions welcome!!!

3 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • Tomorrowland

Boom Apr 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM

How safe is the music festival tonorrowland?

1 Answer Apr 16, 2014 at 10:20 PM
    • Tomorrowland

Belgium Apr 16, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Is there any safety risks when going to tonorrowland in Belgium?
      Are there any people who die when attending tonorrowland in Belgium

2 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 12:35 AM
    • can i rent a bike in namur tomorrow?

Namur Apr 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM

can i rent a bike in namur tomorrow?

5 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • Canadian Abroad

Bastogne Apr 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I am visiting Bastogne from Canada. I would be coming via Paris. It looks like there is a train to Luxembourg, and then a bus to Bastogne. Is this correct and the best way to go about it or are there other options? From Bastogne I am going to Lille, France. Any suggestions? I would happily take accommodation recommendations as well. Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 4:26 AM
    • Fishing in brussels!! :)

Brussels Apr 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi i was hoping you could help me??, im thinking of booking my parents to go to brussels between the 4th and 8th September for their wedding anniversary.. They would be flying into brussels airport and i was hoping my dad would be able to do some fishing here!!
      I hear you have a beer festival on the first weekend of September also!! What date is the beer festival and where would be the best place to stay for scenic routes and also for fishing... My parents would like outdoorsy stuff..
      Sorry so many questions but i dont know an awful lot about brussels and trying to look into it :)
      Where would be the best accommodation for fishing?
      How could they attend chocolate day?
      What dates are the beer festivals on?
      How would i go about booking them transfers from the airport??
      My email addy is emmz2003@hotmail.com thanks so much for your time.
      Emma

7 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 3:42 AM
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Frequency of trains from Brugge to Lille

Brugge Apr 3, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Hello,

I will be visiting Bruges end Sept and will head on to Lille after that. Just wondering, are there frequent trains to Lille from Bruges? And should i pre-book tickets online?

Thanks!

9 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    • vladarr's Profile Photo

RELIABLE car hire company

Charleroi Apr 2, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hi,
      Can someone please recommend car hire company in Charleroi Airport as been reading bad reviews of car hire company.

Thank you in advance.

3 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 11:14 AM
    • Bus or Coach Tour from Amsterdam to Brugge

Brugge Apr 1, 2014 at 5:43 AM

We are going to be in Amsterdam in May and would like to take a day trip to Brugge. Could someone recommend a coach tour

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 11:17 AM

a love night n Brussels

Brussels Mar 24, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Anyone knows one of those nice hotels just for couples to spend a night?
      With romantic stuff and huge beds...
      I dont know nothing in Brussels or near by..
      Could you please advise?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Mar 26, 2014 at 2:12 PM

very romantic weekend in Belgium

Etterbeek Mar 24, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Where to spend a very romantic and cheap weekend in Belgium?
      Besides the top 10 cities that everybody knows...
      I mean a special hotel just for couples...with nice beds and funny stuff...
      Anyone knows?

8 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    • stevemt's Profile Photo

SIM CARD FOR DONGLE

Belgium Mar 23, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Hi all,

I will be traveling on a barge for 1 weeks in Belgium, and will need a sim card for my dongle.

The dongle supports the 850 and 2100 mhz bands.

I only want it for internet, not phone.

Any recomendations on a provider to go with for this, and what the price rang will be?

I will have a Netherlands sim card with me, would that work in Belgium?

Many thanks in advance

STEVE♠

1 Answer Mar 24, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    • My first Trip!

Belgium Mar 22, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I'm from the U.S and will be taking my first trip out of the states to Brussels in April.
      I have the Passport part taken care of but not too sure how to pack.
      Any suggestion on what i need to make sure i pack and what kind of clothing?
      Any little bit of info will help!

8 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 11:39 PM
    • Tina-Bxl's Profile Photo

housing in Mechelen

Mechelen Mar 20, 2014 at 4:56 AM

I have a friend from Italy coming over to Belgium, She will move to Mechelen from August to December for a traineeship.

She will have to search for a room: do you have any suggestion on how to find a low-cost accommodation in your city (e.g. useful websites, which are the most suitable areas of the city to find cheap rooms, if you have any information on families available for a sort of "aupair" exchange,...).

1 Answer Mar 20, 2014 at 5:45 AM
    • Price for combined ticket

Charleroi Mar 18, 2014 at 2:06 AM

I want to by on line ticket from Charleroi airport to Brussel midi but I can't found what is the tottal price for combined transport bus+train for 1 adult and 3 senior adult (60 +) . I was looking on this website belgianrail.be/jp/sncb-nmbs-... and on this web site infotec.be/index.aspx?PageId... but no answer

6 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    • rosieoba's Profile Photo

is lodging offered at the Beguinage?

Brugge Mar 17, 2014 at 10:50 AM

While in Bruges over four years ago we were in the religious gift shop at the Beguinage and a woman told us there were rooms you could stay in. Does anyone have information or a telephone number? I can't find anything. Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM
    • Pomocub's Profile Photo

Charleroi Sud to Antwerp Centraal Station.

Belgium Mar 14, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Is there a direct train from Brussels Charleroi Sud to Centraal Station in Antwerp? How long roughly does the journey take?

3 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 12:29 AM
    • al_mary's Profile Photo

Brussels Sim Phone Cards

Brussels Mar 10, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Greeting From The USA,

We will in spending some time in Belgium, mainly Brussels ....
      We have an unlocked Samsung GSM cell phone that we take just on our
      European travels.

How do the basic SIM's cards come, costs, and where to get them in Brussels ....
      We use the phone basically for a some local calls, emergency and that is it.

Al and Mary / USA

4 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • can portuguis resident travel non Eu after having orange card in belgium

Belgium Mar 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM

i am a resident of portugal. now i am in belgium with family reunion . my wife is portuguise. i have got orange card before 2 weeks in belgium and still i have valid residency from portugal. my question is can i traval to india with my portugal residency. is there any problem with my orange card. any clew will be accepted. thank you

8 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM
    • Restaurant with outdoor seating in the summer, open on a Sunday??

Brugge Mar 8, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Hi, I am a travel agent and visiting Bruges as part of a cruise with 17 friends for a 'laid back' hen weekend. Our cruise stops at Zeebrugge on Sunday 11th May and we're going into Bruges for the day. I've been before a few years back but wasn't there on a Sunday... and I'm struggling to find a restaurant open on a Sunday in Bruges!! We don't mind the type of cuisine & price isn't important as we want something nice, but we would like something with outdoor seating so that (weather permitting!) we can dine outside. Preferably central and in a busy area so we can people watch :) but this isnt essential!

Also while I'm here if anyone can point me in the right direction of a company we can use for a private canal boat trip for 18 that would also be great.

Thank you in advance!

7 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM
    • Is the tour guided?

Barchon Mar 6, 2014 at 6:22 AM

I have a few questions.
      1) Is the tour guided?
      2) Can a person who does not speak French enjoy the visit?
      3)Would a nine year old enjoy this?
      4) Is the Fort de Loncin a good place to visit?

3 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    • Best way to visit these other cities while in brussels?

Brussels Mar 5, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I was wondering if someone with experience traveling from brussels could help us with planning the itinerary of our trip?

My husband and I are arriving in Brussels on April 11 and have a about a week in Europe (we fly out of brussels on April 20) This is the first time in many years that our work trips have left us with free time after so we really want to take advantage of our extra week :)

We would like to visit Bruges, Ghent, Paris and Amsterdam in a week. I'm trying to figure out which are the best ways/dates to route the Thalys train schedule so we can spend less time traveling but still trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

I was thinking of staying in brussels on 4/12 ( we have both been here a lot for work and don't want to tour the city again), do a day trip to Ghent and Bruges on 4/13 (anyone have good recommendations on whether to take train/bus/guided tour company?), leave brussels for Paris on 4/14, take train from Paris to Amsterdam on 4/16 and take train from Amsterdam back to brussels on 4/19.

The alternative would be doing brussels-Paris-Amsterdam-brussels-Bruges/Ghent-brussels. Or brussels-Amsterdam-Paris-brussels-Bruges/Ghent-brussels.

Any and all advice on which routes to take, which train/bus/your companies to use would be very much appreciated. Also, do we need to rent a car at any point, because we would really prefer not to.

Thank you all in advance!

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • BillyA12's Profile Photo

bike ride in luxembourg

Bastogne Mar 4, 2014 at 4:39 PM

love to ride bike from doubletree hilton to bastogone if possible bttle of bulge buff what advice

1 Answer Mar 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    • Transportation to Brugge

Ieper Mar 3, 2014 at 12:55 PM

What kind of transportation is there between Ieper and Brugge and where do I get the schedules.

7 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 1:14 AM
    • Dont Do Resto in Brussels or in France. Avoid the Frenchs

Brussels Mar 1, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I have lived in nine countries, so please, don't argue me this: don't you ever go to restaurants either in France or in Brussels unless you like to be laughed and stolen at. It is in their mentality to be dishonest and rip people blatantly off. They are malicious by nature, they represent the hardcore of the greedy dishonest money-grabber hand palms rubber coin-counter.

They dont serve or cook having in mind delivering a good service to let you satisfied, nothing of the sort. They calculate every bit on how to rip you off. They will write culinary rhetoric in their menus, but you will find yourself with 80% of your plate stuffed with raw dry lettuce and raw mushrooms, and then a slice of meat most of which is all bone, and they will call that roast beef texas style and size accompanied by rich garniture à la brusselesse etc etc,

Today I was in Brussels and I left 3 restaurants without eating after scanning the menus. I found the prices blatantly insulting and I let know the waiter on leaving. I had the money, but I refused to feed the pockets of a dishonest practice. Besides, they will only let you pay with cards if you spend more than 20 Euros, which is bastardly insulting again. Anything about 1 Euro is accepted everywhere.

While I am very much against fast food crap restaurants, if you are in France, you are better off in some filthy McDonalds than in any standard restaurant. Believe me, it is a matter of protecting your dignity from being insulted.

If you go to Spain, that is the place I can recommend you to stop by restaurants. They will serve 3 full plates, because that is the way it is eaten in Spain. A first large dish which can be anything from paella, to cooked beans with ham chorizo, or pasta dish, you name it, then second dish will be a filet of meat or fish so large that it will go out of your plate, the third will be any dessert you can think of plus you get for free all the bread you want, all the water you want and one pint of wine, all that will cost you around 10 Euros.

In Belgium or in France that would be about 60 euros.

If it is about restaurants (and mostly hotels too), avoid the French people and their cousins the Belgians. Other countries in Europe like England or Germany they are more decent, they have some values and they care about providing good service. It will not be as cheap as in Spain, but they will be as honest as possible.

I am a tourist guide by the way. I know what I am talking about. 20 years in the profession

But the best advice, eat at home, and invite your friends home, it is healthier, cheaper and you make better friends.

• Toyota Hilux and Land Cruiser Buying

Brussels Mar 1, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Hello, I will be visiting Brussels in the coming week, I am having training at Televic Head Office. I want to buy Toyota Hilux or Land Cruiser, can you help by locating the places I can get those. Thank you.

2 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    • Turtle picture placement

Oostende Feb 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM

where can i find a big turtle with a men on top along the beaches of Belgium.I have a picture of it but cannot place where i took it anymore

8 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM
    • pedroswift's Profile Photo

Question for Belgium toxophilites

Belgium Feb 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Are there archery clubs or commercial facilities in Belgium offering hire equipment plus range to visitors? I'd love to pull a bow during visit there later in the year but would not wish to carry equipment with me. Thank, in anticipation, de p.

• Igraine's Profile Photo

Nice restaurant for romantic dinner

Antwerp Feb 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Hi, my friend goes to Antwerp this weekend. She is looking for a nice, bit more upscale, fine dining romantic restaurant to celebrate that she and her husband are 15 years together.
      Does anyone have a suggestion?

1 Answer Feb 28, 2014 at 6:21 AM