change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• SandiM's Profile Photo

How to make the most of my private tour, Antrim

Northern Ireland Mar 27, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I am staying at the Valley View B&B, Bushmills, and they are offering a day tour of pretty much anything I want to see in a day for my photography assignment. I have selected to concentrate my efforts on Dunluce Castle (I want to visit it too), the Dark Hedges, Giant's Causeway, Hezlett House/Mussenden Temple. I just found out that the Giant's Causeway stretches for about 4 miles! I can't be sure my driver will have the patience for waiting while I scramble amongst the rocks, so can someone who has had some success with shooting this area tell me how best to photograph it (i.e. which vantage points are best to shoot from, time of day, etc etc). How much time is good for Dunluce Castle? Is the Dark Hedges best photographed morning, midday, or dusk? I deleted the Bushmills Distillery off my itinerary since I don't drink and I'm not sure how successful a photograph of this place would be. However, I am looking for a decent place to have lunch (maybe with a view?) so some tips would be handy. Are there any other castles in ruins nearby?

more

Near Belfast

• daytrips from belfast

by packtarl Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Im visiting Belfast from Saturday to Tuesday at Easter and would like suggestions for a day trip on the Sunday. I will be spending Saturday in Belfast and on Monday I am visiting Dublin. I have visited Giants Causeway on a previous trip so any other suggestions are most welcome.

4 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    • AaronJ's Profile Photo

ferry travel between Belfast and liverpool

by AaronJ Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Are there passport controls on this route? I have a UK driver licence but have just sent my passport in to get renewed and need to be in Liverpool tomorrow...should I go without my passport?

5 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    • Black Cab Tours

by jaffed Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Hi,

So I want to learn more about the poltical history and I know there are a bunch of tour companies out there. But I would prefer to use someone local rather than a big company. Anyone have suggestions?

David

6 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    • Visa requirement

by joby_travel Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Do i require a visa to visit if i am travelling to and fro in my own vechicle instead of staying in belfast

4 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    • moirholj's Profile Photo

Titanic Sites: Pay for tours, or go your own way?

by moirholj Online Now Oct 24, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Hello,

I will be visiting Belfast and was wondering if I can access the Titanic Quarter area, and Thompson Dry Dock on my own. It is possible to just walk about and have a look, or do I need to join a paid/official tour group of some kind like this (titanicsdock.com/?page_id=13...? Thanks!
      Holly

3 Answers Nov 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    • DebbieM31's Profile Photo

1 day in Belfast

by DebbieM31 Online Now Aug 14, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Hello
      We will be sailing on the Stena Line arriving 6:30AM on Saturday September 15 from Liverpool We will be catching the 6:10 PM train to Dublin. We would really like to do the following things but I'm not sure how to get everywhere.
      1. What can we do at 6:30 AM in Belfast? Maybe St George's Market?
      2. Should we keep out luggage at the train station we depart from for Dublin? Any other options?
      3. We would like to see Ulster Folk Park, Transport Museum and the Titanic displays. As well as The dock & pump house.
      4. We would like to see the political Murals Black taxi tour?
      5. a little shopping and a good breakfast and lunch
      We have just the day and I would like to make the most of it. I'm not sure if we should do the hop on/off bus that seemed to go to a lot of places (could not figure out if it went to the Ulster American Folk Park, it didn't seem to) Is this doable? Any idea suggestions would be most welcome! Especially transportation ideas!

3 Answers Aug 16, 2012 at 5:07 AM
    • Titanic exhibition

by zacfizzgrizz Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 3:27 AM

I will be landing at Belfast city airport at 0900 and leaving again at 2100. I want to visit the titanic exxhibition and take a red bus tour, can anyone advise on the best way to do this? I was thinking of getting a bus or taxi to city centre and using red bus to get to exhibition, but do i need to pre book, can i just turn up.
      Any tips gratefully recieved.

2 Answers May 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    • Best Way To Get To LetterKenny From Belfast

by reddaj Online Now Mar 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Looking to check if there is any reasonable mode of transportation between Belfast and LetterKenny. Is there such a thing as a reliable train service or bus or is renting the car the best option?

4 Answers Mar 29, 2012 at 3:02 AM
    • Driving to Belfast/Northern Ireland then west toward Shannon Airport

by Kathiebronx Online Now Mar 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

My daughter and I would appreciate your help. We will be spending 3 days in Dublin, then renting a car heading for Northern Ireland. We would like to spend 2 or 3 days or even 4 days in and around Belfast and other towns in Northern Ireland, seeing all the wonderful sights of interest., sometimes using public transportation, sometimes driving on our own.

After leaving Northern Ireland we will drive back south seeing what we missed on the first go around, then driving west taking in all the towns and things to see heading towards Shannon Airport where we will leave to go back home to the U.S.

What we really need help in is what towns to book hotels in so we can take advantage of what there is to see along the way. Ireland is a dream come true for me and I want to make the most of my dream, so whatever you can tell us would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 17, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    • Finding family in Belfast

by RRobert313 Online Now Jan 18, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Are there any suggestions for exploring geneology in Belfast (ie., are there any libraries or particular places where one can find info on family)? My grandfather lived there as a child and young man, and I would like to find out more about his family that may have stayed in the area.

• nattybabe's Profile Photo

1 day in Northern Ireland

by nattybabe Online Now Nov 8, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Hi all,

I have 1 day in the North and would like your opinion on where I should go. I will be sleeping in Belfast but would it be better to stay in Belfast and look around or spend the day going to the Giants Causeway and Derry?

I will be spending 3 days in the South also if that helps your decision? I am leaning towards Causeway and Derry but can be convinced otherwise if Belfast has more to offer...

Thanks

Natalie

8 Answers Dec 17, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Getting around in Belfast

by schmechi Online Now Apr 20, 2011 at 6:17 AM

We'll make a daytrip to Belfast and want to visit most of its sights... Unfortunately it seems that they are alloted all over the city, so I'm wondering how to get around in the city. I know www.translink.co.uk but nevertheless I'm a little bit lost...

I plan to start at City hall after arriving central station (or Europe bus centre). After that I want to walk to St Anne’s Cathedral and head for West Belfast seeing the peace lines and the murals of Falls Rd and Shankill Rd. Is this doable afoot? Or is it a too long march? Would a detour to the Queen's university and/or Laganside be also possible?

Could you give me any hints to shorten the march by using the public metro service? Could you even appoint the correct (bus?) routes and stations near the specific sights? I know translink.co.uk/Documents/PD... but I can't relate the stations to specific sights, additionally the city centre is not pictured...

Additionally I'd be intrested in visiting Stormont parliament. Is there any public bus connection?

Or would you discourage myself from walking and using public busses? Should I use taxis (black cab tours?) or even the hop-on/hop-off sightseeing bus (http://www.city-sightseeing.com/).

Thanx in advance!

5 Answers Apr 26, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    • belfast to dublin

by celtic10 Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Hi
      Thanks for the information from all all all already given, but I'm having problems trying to find times and fares for coaches, buses or trains from Belfast to Dublin, I was hoping to travel on Wednesday. Can anyone give me an idea on fares and times as searching I don't really seem to be coming up with much.
      Hope someone can help me
      Cheers
      Brendan

5 Answers Apr 23, 2011 at 1:53 AM
    • What to see and how to travel

by celtic10 Online Now Apr 1, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Hi I am now in Backpacking around Ireland, starting in Belfast, can anyone recommoned budged tours. Also what is the cheapest way to travel from one county to the next and can anyone help me out with best route to travel. Also good cheap places to eat

Cheers

4 Answers Apr 2, 2011 at 2:13 PM
    • OldCurmudgeon's Profile Photo

Ulster Rugby

by OldCurmudgeon Online Now Mar 28, 2011 at 11:59 PM

As part of her Ireland vacation/holiday, my wife is traveling to Belfast to view the Ulster Rugby match on 22/4/2011. She has already purchased her ticket. Her transportation from Dublin places her at the Europa Bus Station.
      What public transportation (not taxi) would drop her off or near the Ravenhill Stadium? The bus websites do not seem to recognize that Rugby exists in Belfast.
      Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you, Rich Luttrell

2 Answers Mar 30, 2011 at 9:29 AM
    • Advice/tips on travel to Belfast

by AnandhiNicholas Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I have the following questions on my plan to travel to Belfast:

1. which month is best suited for sight-seeing?
      2. which hotel/resort is best suited for b&b and for sightseeing?
      3. please list the must-see places in belfast.
      4. how long does it take to visit belfast and dublin together?
      5. can i travel with non-european passport(native: India)to Belfast and Dublin

thanks in advance,
      anandhi

3 Answers Feb 16, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    • Belfast

by daisylou Online Now Aug 14, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Hi, Any recommendations for pubs in belfast for a girls weekend?

3 Answers Sep 2, 2010 at 8:09 AM
    • elsebeth's Profile Photo

might relocate to Belfast

by elsebeth Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 2:56 AM

I've been offered a job in Belfast and I'm considering it. So would like to hear from some foreigners to live in Belfast. What you think of living there? Is it hard to find a place to live? Any info would be useful.
      Thanks

2 Answers Jul 4, 2010 at 8:17 AM
    • Good Price for Airfare to Belfast

by eclaire321 Online Now Jun 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Does anyone have an estimate for a good fare for a trip from the US (East Coast, probably through Newark) to Belfast? I'm looking at ticket prices and am trying to gauge when to buy. Right now tickets are around800.

Thanks!

9 Answers Jun 25, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    • TA7DS's Profile Photo

Passport Control

by TA7DS Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 10:23 PM

In a few days, I fly from Heathrow to Belfast, take the train to Dublin and fly back to London. Will my (non-european) passport be stamped. Not getting it stamped would be a disappointment (Schengen's already killed a lot of fun)

:)

13 Answers Mar 6, 2010 at 1:03 AM
    • belfast hilton to ballo house kilinchy

by littlearra Online Now Feb 1, 2010 at 1:13 AM

hi could any one tell me how to get to ballo house from hilton belfast on a saturday by train or bus i want to get there for 6.30 and then i will get taxi back any one help ????

1 Answer Feb 1, 2010 at 2:25 AM
    • VAF10's Profile Photo

Moving to Northern Ireland in a few months....would like some input

by VAF10 Online Now Sep 25, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I am considering graduate school in the UK, but as of right now, I have recently accepted a job outside of Belfast in the Markethill area. I was wondering if anyone could offer any helpful information about the area. Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 29, 2009 at 3:23 AM
    • BillNJ's Profile Photo

Best way to get from Belfast to Derry?

by BillNJ Online Now Sep 2, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Hi,
      In November, I will be taking a train from Dublin to Belfast on my way to Derry. What is the best means of transport from Belfast to Derry? Train or Bus?

If bus is the preferred means, how far is the main bus station in Belfast from the main train station (where the trains from Dublin go)?

Is it best to make advance reservations for trips from Belfast to Derry? Or is it better to wait until the day of travel to purchase a ticket?

Thanks,

Bill

8 Answers Sep 4, 2009 at 4:44 AM
    • city exploring

by steve06 Online Now Jul 6, 2009 at 12:19 PM

hello all

getting into belfast soon for about 5 days. im very keen to see it all and love being out and about. are there any particular areas where i can go and see the daily belfast life and also any areas where it can be a bit hairy!!??

2 Answers Jul 27, 2009 at 12:50 PM
    • daarth's Profile Photo

What to ask?

by daarth Online Now Jul 3, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I have no idea what to ask, but I might be visiting Belfast some time in August. All I know is that I'll be setting sail from Bergen, and if the wind permits, I might make it all the way to Belfast. I won't ask about the beer since I know I'll enjoy anything the tap will give me. I also know I will enjoy any type of Irish whisky....oppps sorry, whiskEy as it's bound to be good. And I don't need to ask about the people as I already have met a few of them here and there. The nature and countryside will also guaranteed be welcoming to the eye. So what is there left to ask???

3 Answers Jul 6, 2009 at 10:59 PM
    • Durfun's Profile Photo

Trips to Giant's Causeway..

by Durfun Online Now Jun 19, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Hi,

Are there several daily return bus-runs to the causeway (from Belfast)?

Is the journey about a 2.5 hour single trip?

Many thanks

Darshan

8 Answers Jun 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM
    • eastrunner's Profile Photo

Belfast for 3 days

by eastrunner Online Now Jun 9, 2009 at 1:45 AM

Hi All

we were thinking of spending 3 days in Northern Ireland in August

1st if all is it a worthwhile place to go to?

Is there much to do in and around Belfast, do we need a car when we are there?

We like cites like Prague to Paris would this compare in any way to those in terms of local culture and events?

Thanks

Er

6 Answers Jun 11, 2009 at 3:03 PM
    • Racism Situation

by pipipopo Online Now Apr 30, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Hi

I'm Chinese and I was wondering how's the racism situation in Belfast currently?

I understand that it is carried out by a small group of people but how bad is it?

Thanks

5 Answers Sep 4, 2009 at 12:23 PM
    • Musquy's Profile Photo

Cheap B&B near ferry

by Musquy Online Now Jan 29, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I'll need to spend a night in a B&B in Belfast before catching a ferry from the Victoria Terminal on West Bank Road. Any advice, please, on what area of the city to look in, or, better still, any recommendations? (I've lived and worked in cities with docks areas, and they aren't always the best areas to spend the night!)

1 Answer Feb 17, 2009 at 1:29 AM
    • any suggestions for tomorrow night in Belfast??

by annie353 Online Now Jan 2, 2009 at 8:12 AM

would really appreciate any suggestions for 2 single gals in our 30's on where to go out in Belfast
      We're looking for somewhere sophisticated but lively...no kiddies!!
      thanks in advance
      Annie