Belfast Travel Answers

change location
Suzanne_M's Profile Photo

VT MEETING IN BELFAST APRIL 30 - MAY 1, 2005

by Suzanne_M Online Now Apr 27, 2005 at 1:05 AM

(THIS INFORMATION HAS BEEN POSTED ON THE MEETINGS PAGE AS WELL.)

Here is the (loosely held!) program for the VT MEETING WEEKEND of SATURDAY APRIL 30 – SUNDAY MAY 1, 2005:

SATURDAY APRIL 30
 4h30pm - CitySightSeeing tour of Belfast on red double-decker bus
(tour last about 1h15). 8pounds
 After tour - Drinks at the CROWN and the EUROPA
 8pm - “Finding Mick Jagger”, a play, Old Museum Art Center, 9 pounds, 70minutes (15 tickets left – need confirmation by WEDNESDAY APRIL 27!!!)
 9h30pm - Supper at MORNING STAR PUB (17 – 19, Pottinger Entry, tel: 02890-235986). Pub closes at 11pm.

SUNDAY MAY 1
 7am - Breakfast at THE OTHER PLACE, Botanic Avenue
 8am - Leaving for a tour of the Antrim coast, etc., including a stop at the GIANT CAUSEWAY.
 2pm - If we get back on time, PUB(LIC) ART CRAWL (part of the Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival) – This is a (walking) tour of Belfast’s public art – the good, the bad and the very ugly! The tour begins in the Cathedral Quarter and covers major works all around the city, including new pieces in the city center and at the Royal Victoria Hospital. 4 pounds. About 2 hours.
 pm - Supper at either Cutters Wharf OR The Edge
 8pm - 1st choice: “The Blind Boys of Alabama”, a vocal group, Waterfront Hall, 15 – 24 pounds (plenty of tickets available)
OR
 8pm - 2nd choice: “Swansong”, a play, Waterfront Studio, 8 pounds
(plenty of tickets available)

I may still make some changes to this schedule, if necessary, as this is not set in stone. So please to contact me if you are planning to attend before going to those activities.

Hope to see you all in great numbers.

zuzu

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • esbp's Profile Photo

RE: VT MEETING IN BELFAST APRIL 30 - MAY 1, 2005

by esbp Online Now Apr 28, 2005 at 5:29 AM

Hi

I'll come to belfast this W-E, your program sounds good so is it possible to join you ?

Guillaume

I am french and i'll come with an irish girl.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines