change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• the_dutchman's Profile Photo

B&B in Belfast

Belfast Yesterday

Any suggestion for a decent hotel or B&B in Central Belfast around June 20th? It should be for two persons (my wife and myself) and should have a private bathroom. Help me out please. Thank you,
      Gerry The-Dutchman

more

Popular Belfast Travel Answer Locations

• daytrips from belfast

Belfast Feb 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Im visiting Belfast from Saturday to Tuesday at Easter and would like suggestions for a day trip on the Sunday. I will be spending Saturday in Belfast and on Monday I am visiting Dublin. I have visited Giants Causeway on a previous trip so any other suggestions are most welcome.

4 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    • AaronJ's Profile Photo

ferry travel between Belfast and liverpool

Belfast Jan 22, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Are there passport controls on this route? I have a UK driver licence but have just sent my passport in to get renewed and need to be in Liverpool tomorrow...should I go without my passport?

5 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    • Black Cab Tours

Belfast Jul 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Hi,

So I want to learn more about the poltical history and I know there are a bunch of tour companies out there. But I would prefer to use someone local rather than a big company. Anyone have suggestions?

David

6 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    • Visa requirement

Belfast Jul 3, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Do i require a visa to visit if i am travelling to and fro in my own vechicle instead of staying in belfast

4 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    • anonxxx's Profile Photo

antrim coast road by public transport

Belfast Dec 17, 2012 at 5:54 AM

hello
      I want to travel from Belfast via the Antrim coast road to Portrush in March 2013; can anybody tell me how to do this by public transport (bus or train) and where to find the right information on the internet?

5 Answers Dec 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM
    • moirholj's Profile Photo

Titanic Sites: Pay for tours, or go your own way?

Belfast Oct 24, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Hello,

I will be visiting Belfast and was wondering if I can access the Titanic Quarter area, and Thompson Dry Dock on my own. It is possible to just walk about and have a look, or do I need to join a paid/official tour group of some kind like this (titanicsdock.com/?page_id=13...? Thanks!
      Holly

3 Answers Nov 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    • DebbieM31's Profile Photo

1 day in Belfast

Belfast Aug 14, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Hello
      We will be sailing on the Stena Line arriving 6:30AM on Saturday September 15 from Liverpool We will be catching the 6:10 PM train to Dublin. We would really like to do the following things but I'm not sure how to get everywhere.
      1. What can we do at 6:30 AM in Belfast? Maybe St George's Market?
      2. Should we keep out luggage at the train station we depart from for Dublin? Any other options?
      3. We would like to see Ulster Folk Park, Transport Museum and the Titanic displays. As well as The dock & pump house.
      4. We would like to see the political Murals Black taxi tour?
      5. a little shopping and a good breakfast and lunch
      We have just the day and I would like to make the most of it. I'm not sure if we should do the hop on/off bus that seemed to go to a lot of places (could not figure out if it went to the Ulster American Folk Park, it didn't seem to) Is this doable? Any idea suggestions would be most welcome! Especially transportation ideas!

3 Answers Aug 16, 2012 at 5:07 AM
    • Haleyscomet's Profile Photo

University of Ulster/ Belfast

Belfast Jun 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Hello there!

I was just wondering anyone's thoughts on the University of Ulster and Belfast as a place to study abroad. I've seen many posts on visiting, but wondered if people had different opinions when it comes to staying there and to be even more specific, studying at the University of Ulster.

Any and all opinions/advice is welcome!

-Haley

4 Answers Jun 17, 2012 at 1:48 AM
    • Titanic exhibition

Belfast Apr 7, 2012 at 3:27 AM

I will be landing at Belfast city airport at 0900 and leaving again at 2100. I want to visit the titanic exxhibition and take a red bus tour, can anyone advise on the best way to do this? I was thinking of getting a bus or taxi to city centre and using red bus to get to exhibition, but do i need to pre book, can i just turn up.
      Any tips gratefully recieved.

2 Answers May 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    • Best Way To Get To LetterKenny From Belfast

Belfast Mar 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Looking to check if there is any reasonable mode of transportation between Belfast and LetterKenny. Is there such a thing as a reliable train service or bus or is renting the car the best option?

4 Answers Mar 29, 2012 at 3:02 AM
    • Driving to Belfast/Northern Ireland then west toward Shannon Airport

Belfast Mar 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

My daughter and I would appreciate your help. We will be spending 3 days in Dublin, then renting a car heading for Northern Ireland. We would like to spend 2 or 3 days or even 4 days in and around Belfast and other towns in Northern Ireland, seeing all the wonderful sights of interest., sometimes using public transportation, sometimes driving on our own.

After leaving Northern Ireland we will drive back south seeing what we missed on the first go around, then driving west taking in all the towns and things to see heading towards Shannon Airport where we will leave to go back home to the U.S.

What we really need help in is what towns to book hotels in so we can take advantage of what there is to see along the way. Ireland is a dream come true for me and I want to make the most of my dream, so whatever you can tell us would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 17, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    • Finding family in Belfast

Belfast Jan 18, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Are there any suggestions for exploring geneology in Belfast (ie., are there any libraries or particular places where one can find info on family)? My grandfather lived there as a child and young man, and I would like to find out more about his family that may have stayed in the area.

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo

Half day trip options from Belfast

Belfast Jan 10, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Hi everyone. I'm in the process of organising a trip to Northern Ireland in February that should give me three full days to sightsee. I've allocated one and a half days to Belfast, one day to Coleraine and the Giants Causeway (weather permitting) which leaves me with an extra half day to plan. I'm looking for somewhere not too far from Belfast, easily accessible by public transport, where I can visit some places of interest eg. castles, ruins, museums or areas of natural beauty. I am considering Carrickfergus, there seems to be a nice castle and museum there. Hs anyone been to Carrickfergus? Is it worthwhile visiting? Or does anyone have any better suggestions on how to spend my time? Thanks in advance.
      Steve.

5 Answers Jan 12, 2012 at 7:45 AM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

1 day in Northern Ireland

Belfast Nov 8, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Hi all,

I have 1 day in the North and would like your opinion on where I should go. I will be sleeping in Belfast but would it be better to stay in Belfast and look around or spend the day going to the Giants Causeway and Derry?

I will be spending 3 days in the South also if that helps your decision? I am leaning towards Causeway and Derry but can be convinced otherwise if Belfast has more to offer...

Thanks

Natalie

8 Answers Dec 17, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    • The sights

Belfast Oct 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Thanks to all of you who replied to my previous question. Since I'll be staying in Belfast for 2 full days the last week of Feb/first week of March, I know I won't have enough time to see everything, so what would you recommend that I see while I'm there? I know very little of the city so any tips are more than welcome!

Thanks!!

14 Answers Nov 1, 2011 at 12:23 AM
    • How safe is it?

Belfast Oct 27, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Hello!

Are there any parts of town a female solo traveler should avoid, both in terms of sight-seeing and staying at hotels?

Thank you!

8 Answers Oct 29, 2011 at 11:12 PM
    • Liverpool to Belfast by Ferry passport control

Belfast Jul 14, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Anyone know about taken a Ferry from liverpool to Belfast is any passport control or just check the ID by ferry staff only?
      Where to checking-in with car in ferry port?DO i need get out the car to do the check-in?
      Thanks

16 Answers Jul 14, 2011 at 10:36 PM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Getting around in Belfast

Belfast Apr 20, 2011 at 6:17 AM

We'll make a daytrip to Belfast and want to visit most of its sights... Unfortunately it seems that they are alloted all over the city, so I'm wondering how to get around in the city. I know www.translink.co.uk but nevertheless I'm a little bit lost...

I plan to start at City hall after arriving central station (or Europe bus centre). After that I want to walk to St Anne’s Cathedral and head for West Belfast seeing the peace lines and the murals of Falls Rd and Shankill Rd. Is this doable afoot? Or is it a too long march? Would a detour to the Queen's university and/or Laganside be also possible?

Could you give me any hints to shorten the march by using the public metro service? Could you even appoint the correct (bus?) routes and stations near the specific sights? I know translink.co.uk/Documents/PD... but I can't relate the stations to specific sights, additionally the city centre is not pictured...

Additionally I'd be intrested in visiting Stormont parliament. Is there any public bus connection?

Or would you discourage myself from walking and using public busses? Should I use taxis (black cab tours?) or even the hop-on/hop-off sightseeing bus (http://www.city-sightseeing.com/).

Thanx in advance!

5 Answers Apr 26, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    • belfast to dublin

Belfast Apr 4, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Hi
      Thanks for the information from all all all already given, but I'm having problems trying to find times and fares for coaches, buses or trains from Belfast to Dublin, I was hoping to travel on Wednesday. Can anyone give me an idea on fares and times as searching I don't really seem to be coming up with much.
      Hope someone can help me
      Cheers
      Brendan

5 Answers Apr 23, 2011 at 1:53 AM
    • What to see and how to travel

Belfast Apr 1, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Hi I am now in Backpacking around Ireland, starting in Belfast, can anyone recommoned budged tours. Also what is the cheapest way to travel from one county to the next and can anyone help me out with best route to travel. Also good cheap places to eat

Cheers

4 Answers Apr 2, 2011 at 2:13 PM
    • OldCurmudgeon's Profile Photo

Ulster Rugby

Belfast Mar 28, 2011 at 11:59 PM

As part of her Ireland vacation/holiday, my wife is traveling to Belfast to view the Ulster Rugby match on 22/4/2011. She has already purchased her ticket. Her transportation from Dublin places her at the Europa Bus Station.
      What public transportation (not taxi) would drop her off or near the Ravenhill Stadium? The bus websites do not seem to recognize that Rugby exists in Belfast.
      Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you, Rich Luttrell

2 Answers Mar 30, 2011 at 9:29 AM
    • Advice/tips on travel to Belfast

Belfast Feb 15, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I have the following questions on my plan to travel to Belfast:

1. which month is best suited for sight-seeing?
      2. which hotel/resort is best suited for b&b and for sightseeing?
      3. please list the must-see places in belfast.
      4. how long does it take to visit belfast and dublin together?
      5. can i travel with non-european passport(native: India)to Belfast and Dublin

thanks in advance,
      anandhi

3 Answers Feb 16, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    • sandgrounder's Profile Photo

Belfast Thai

Belfast Dec 4, 2010 at 4:57 PM

In Belfast on business. Any suggestions for a good Thai restaurant?
      Thanks, Chris.

1 Answer Dec 5, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    • Dining in Belfast

Belfast Oct 20, 2010 at 4:39 AM

Hi folks, I posted a question a while back about restaurants in Belfast and I got some good responses. Unfortunately, when I tried to book many advised that they would have their Christmas menu on and were booked for the night of Sat, Dec 4th. Ten Square incl. So, we're back to square 1. Anyone know any decent Chinese Restaurants in Belfast City Centre that won't break the bank? Cheers and thanks in advance.

2 Answers Oct 24, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    • Real Ale, Belfast

Belfast Sep 28, 2010 at 5:03 AM

As in an earlier post, I mentioned we're visiting 3 - 5th December. One of our group is a real ale lover and I'm trying to work out if there are any pubs/inns in Belfast city centre where he might sup and enjoy! I know there are some on the outskirts of the city, but any right in the heart of Belfast?

3 Answers Sep 29, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    • Restaurants in December

Belfast Sep 28, 2010 at 5:00 AM

We've just booked our annual visit to the Christmas Fair in Belfast. However, this year, we're bringing friends with us. Whilst we're ok to eat on the go in the evenings, they'd prefer to sit and enjoy. Last year we had real problems getting into any half decent restaurants the first weekend in December. This year, we'll be there 3 - 5th December and wonder if anyone has any recommendations. We're looking for something that'll cover all tastes e.g. chicken wings to steak, maybe lasagne to curry!! I figure we'll be book tables for both nights this time around. We're staying in the city centre. Re price -we're looking mid range, not top end! Really appreciate any suggestions.

4 Answers Sep 29, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    • Belfast

Belfast Aug 14, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Hi, Any recommendations for pubs in belfast for a girls weekend?

3 Answers Sep 2, 2010 at 8:09 AM
    • elsebeth's Profile Photo

might relocate to Belfast

Belfast Jun 25, 2010 at 2:56 AM

I've been offered a job in Belfast and I'm considering it. So would like to hear from some foreigners to live in Belfast. What you think of living there? Is it hard to find a place to live? Any info would be useful.
      Thanks

2 Answers Jul 4, 2010 at 8:17 AM
    • Good Price for Airfare to Belfast

Belfast Jun 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Does anyone have an estimate for a good fare for a trip from the US (East Coast, probably through Newark) to Belfast? I'm looking at ticket prices and am trying to gauge when to buy. Right now tickets are around800.

Thanks!

9 Answers Jun 25, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    • TA7DS's Profile Photo

Passport Control

Belfast Mar 2, 2010 at 10:23 PM

In a few days, I fly from Heathrow to Belfast, take the train to Dublin and fly back to London. Will my (non-european) passport be stamped. Not getting it stamped would be a disappointment (Schengen's already killed a lot of fun)

:)

13 Answers Mar 6, 2010 at 1:03 AM