Belém

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Inexpensive month rentals in this area

Cascais Mar 25, 2014 at 2:37 AM

My husband and I want to spend the month of march 2015 in any area west of Lisbon or setubal. Our needs are simple one bedroom with kitchen, we explore a lot so easy access to park car. We currently spend four months in Vilamoura and should you need info feel free to contact us.

more
    • Fado show or great restaurant with Fado performance

Lisbon 7 hours ago

I would like to take my group of 26 people to a Fado show, or to a restaurant with excellent seafood that features Fado. Any suggestions?

more
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Anywhere to leave luggage?

Cabo da Roca Apr 6, 2014 at 6:18 AM

I will be going alone from Cascais to Sintra by bus 403 next Monday, carrying a suitcase. I would like to get off the bus at Cabo de Roca and stay there for one hour before the next bus arrives. Is there anywhere I can store/leave my luggage for that hour?

Greetings from Lena

more
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Secret Pastelarias?

Lisbon Apr 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Hi, I am going to Lisbon in May. I read somewhere that there are these secret bakeries that operate from night to early morning. I think they are called bolos da madrugada. Unfortunately, they seem to be very much you will find one if you know where it is. (Hence, secret... I know.)

While I am not sure if we will be out that late, can someone point me in the right direction on where to find one?

Thanks.

more
    • Hotel choice

Lisbon Apr 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

We will be in Lisbon for a week in July.We have points we would like to use up for hotels.
      We can either do the Sheraton or Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza.
      What is the best choice?

more
    • Flights from DFW to Lisbon

Lisbon Mar 25, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Hi, I'm beginning to plan my first trip to visit my granddaughter at Lajes and hope to spend a few days in the Lisbon area. Since I have plenty of time, but little money, I'm searching for the best flight deal from DFW, TX. Any advice will be appreciated.

more
    • Best ways to travel from Lisbon to Seville Spain

Lisbon Mar 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM

What has been found to be the most efficient way to get from Lisbon to Seville, Spain, if not renting an auto to drive yourself?

more
    • How much money for a week in Lisbon

Lisbon 5 hours ago

Hi guys, I'll be visiting Lisbon for a week in August with my girlfriend and wanted to know how much spending money per person you would advise us to take, hotel costs excluded. We don't plan on going on any shopping sprees (at least that I'm aware of) so sightseeing, transport, feeding, etc costs.

Many thanks!! :)

more
    • Bauhinia2002's Profile Photo

Viagem usage

Lisbon Yesterday

Can one Viagem be used by 2 person travelling together? Do I need to get one for each person, or I can tap the Viagem twice for each to enter?

Thanks!

more
    • How to get from spain to lisbon? How long n how much?

Lisbon Mar 24, 2014 at 9:21 AM

What is the easiest and cheapest way to get from spain to lisbon n how long it takes?

more
    • kay0674's Profile Photo

To and from airport

Lisbon Apr 16, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Best way to get to hotel from the airport. Bear in mind we are going on a 10 day cycling tour so will have cycling gear with us (large suitcases) but no bikes! Found one taxi service for 40 euros. Seemed a little high! Thanks.

more
    • Bairro Alto at night

Lisbon Mar 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I am a female going to Lisbon alone, and I would really like to go to Bairro Alto to see the nightlife. I don't want to have to walk alone back to where I'm staying near Rossio Square - would it be easy for me to catch a taxi from Bairro Alto?

more
    • leics's Profile Photo

Airport transport.........

Lisbon Apr 6, 2014 at 4:01 AM

I'll be in Lisbon the week after next, with a friend. It's been a while since I was there for the Euromeet and public transport has changed a bit since that time.

We'll be landing around 8.30pm and need to get to Restauradores. Aerobus 1 goes there directly or we can take the Metro which involves a change of line at S. Sebastiao.

Apart from the Metro being cheaper, is there any reason why we should choose one over the other?

Thanks in advance. :-)

more
    • Belem Market/ Torre de Belem..

by bear89 Online Now Nov 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM

How to get from belem station to belem market?

How to get to Torres belem?

What is the best time to go on a Sunday?

12 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 1:47 AM
    • Car parking in Belem portugal.

by timmo69uk Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 4:59 AM

any help would be great regarding were to park near tram or bus as we would like to do the tram 28 to see lisbon

2 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 6:11 AM
    • Car parking in Belem portugal.

by timmo69uk Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 4:57 AM

can anyone please advise on car parking near or in belem

• Voron's Profile Photo

Marble hand in the wall of Mosteiro dos Jeronimos

by Voron Online Now Sep 26, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Hi, everybody!
      While I visited Mosteiro dos Jeronimos in Belem I saw people (they were tourists from Japan actually) touching the hand in the wall. This hand is a part of a marble wall decoration. And it is located at the entrance hall near the grave of Vasco da Gama. I stepped closer to check this hand. It was polished like thousand of people are touching it every day.
      Does anyone know what is this hand? Why everybody are trying to touch it?
      I didn't see the same decoration on the other wall or anywhere else in this place.
      I tried to find information in internet but didn't find any.

4 Answers Sep 27, 2009 at 4:40 AM