Belém Travel Answers

change location
airbrush's Profile Photo

How to get to Belem from Singapore.

by airbrush Online Now May 16, 2010 at 6:57 AM

Hello Lady and Gentleman,
I will be travelling to Belem in July for a week. It my first time to Belem and not sure which air route or airlines is good for this trip. Could you please enlightened me. With Best Regards

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: How to get to Belem from Singapore.

by ElDesierto Online Now May 16, 2010 at 8:35 PM

I assume that you are referring to Belem, Brasil. If so, whichever airline you take will probably be changing planes in Sao Paulo. You will have to price the ticket yourself, but it might be considerably less expensive to purchase a round trip ticket Singapore - Sao Paulo, plus a second round trip ticket Sao Paulo - Belem. I say this because the round trip ticket Singapore - Belem is very expensive.

As for recommended airlines, that depends on whether you choose to fly across the Pacific, or across the Atlantic. Go to www.expedia.com or www.orbitz.com and input different flight combinations to determine what works best for you. For most people, the decision comes down to price and number of flights.

Good luck,

ElDesierto

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • NedHopkins's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Belem from Singapore.

by NedHopkins Online Now May 30, 2010 at 11:23 PM

I took TAM non-stop from Rio de Janeiro.

Belem is a very pleasant city, among the cleanest I've visited in Brazil. It has fine hotels, excellent restaurants, and good shopping. It's worth at least two days just to see and experience the city itself. There are, in addition, interesting excursions -- to Parrot Island and Marajo Island among others.

Though Belem is (barely) south of the Equator, wind and ocean currents give it a Northern Hemisphere climate -- to the extent there is any seasonal variation at all. That means July is summer and January is winter, unlike most of the rest of Brasil.

• hmoitta's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Belem from Singapore.

by hmoitta Online Now Jun 1, 2010 at 11:48 AM

my suggestion is that you take a air company that you can have a internal flight from São Paulo, Brasilia, Manaus or Rio to Belém:

via Europe
    if you fly with KLM or Air France you can take a GOL/VARIG internal flight connection
    if you fly TAP or other one of Star Alliance group you can take a TAM internal flight connection

via USA
    with a star Alliance company you'll can fly TAM in Brazil or from USA to Brasil

via Santiago de Chile
    with a star Alliance company you'll can fly TAM in Brazil or from Chile to Brasil

via New Zealand
    Aerolineas Argentinas to Buenos Aires from Auckland and then to Belém

ps: when I was in Asia I flew KLM and made a stop over in Europe, I flew in a internal flight in Thailand with my Star Alliance miles

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines