Belém Travel Answers

change location
Firebabe's Profile Photo

Help

by Firebabe Online Now Sep 28, 2003 at 1:11 PM

Hola. I am going to Rio in December and want to spend a week in the Amazon but dont know whether to do Manaus to Belem or Belem to Manaus and need to get back to Rio again. Has anyone ever done this before.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • oldmonk_92129's Profile Photo

Re: Help

by oldmonk_92129 Online Now Sep 28, 2003 at 4:52 PM

Manaus is a nice place. I have a few pics on my home page. Check the page that OrlandoBR has too.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • robine's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Help

by robine Online Now Oct 17, 2003 at 7:15 AM

Hi, Mary! If you're going to travel between Manaus and Belem it would obviously make sense to sail downriver, ie M to B. But be aware that it's a very long way! Instead, it might make sense to go to one of the "jungle lodges" around Manaus. Or, if you're determined to make a long river trip, disembark in Santarem (which has an airport). Bon voyage!

• Moloney's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Help

by Moloney Online Now Nov 24, 2005 at 11:08 AM

I agree with Robin. It takes about 3 days by boat from Manaus to Santarem (that's halfway to Belem) And from Santarem, boats go on to Belem only on certain days, which could mean an extended (and unplanned) stay in Santarem.
    Or you could just do like me and fly on to Belem. With Rico airlines it's only about a hundred dollars or so.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines