Belém Travel Answers

change location
geirto's Profile Photo

Info about Belém

by geirto Online Now Dec 30, 2002 at 11:06 AM

Hi! Has anyone here ever been to Belém, Pará in the North of Brazil? I´m going there in just a few days and any info on good pousadas, nightlife, must see activities and so on would be greatly appreciated. Feliz Ano Novo to everybody! Geir

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Info about Belém

by cachaseiro Online Now Dec 30, 2002 at 11:23 AM

the main street leading up towards the center, from the harbour, has all the main hotels, including some nice cheaper ones. belem has a good market down by the harbour, with a real jungle harbour feel. apart from that there is no big tourist sites, but i found that the place has an interesting feel about it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mangueirense's Profile Photo

by mangueirense Online Now Dec 31, 2002 at 6:22 AM

Hi , I have never been to Belem yet, but looked up for some informations at the Net and found this page: viabelemdopara.viaglobal.com... There you can find (if you understand at least a little bit of portuguese) some night-clubs, bars, etc. restaurants, ... and of course Pousadas, voted by brazilians! Another pages in portuguese: geocities.com/HotSprings/235... belemvivo.com.br/guiabv01.ht... Hope this can help you? Greetings e Feliz Ano Novo Evelyn

• hmoitta's Profile Photo

by hmoitta Online Now Jan 6, 2003 at 6:21 AM

You should go to Docas complex, ancient harbour and now you have fluvial boat trips with local dances and music, souvenirs shops, regional food ( delicious ), bars, regional fruit icecream shop, permanent and temporary expositions and live music shows at nigth. I did the fluvial boat trip at sunset and really had a good time there. If you have time you can go to Marajo island too.

• Moloney's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Info about Belém

by Moloney Online Now Nov 24, 2005 at 11:27 AM

Hotel Fortaleza (which isn't a hotel by any means) is a really good, cheap place to stay with a great atmosphere. It's a fairly down-at-heel place mind, with no air conditioning neither.

My room was right next to the kitchen area where the parrot-in-residence sits there on his perch, sqwaking away to beat the band. one morning I awoke when a middle-aged married couple (who work there, I think) were having something of a heated debate. This, combined with the constant chatter from the parrot made for a fairly surreal experience.

I'm sure I have you sold by now!

John

• luwan's Profile Photo

RE: Info about Belém

by luwan Online Now Dec 14, 2006 at 9:57 AM

Infos in english on the tourism oficial website of the state where belem is from: paraturismo.com.br/english/e...

and further infos you can get in my travel page.

hugs
    Enjoy Belém!!! It is amazing!
    Luiz

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines