Belarus

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Address and location required

Belarus Apr 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I have a partial Belarus address that I need to complete including post code. and which city/ town is it near?

The address is:
      Molodechnen.d-t, Vytrepovsh., Str. Komsom. 15

Any help much appreciated.

Peter

more
    • Cheap Hostels

Minsk Apr 21, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Please recommend some Hostel(s) cheaper than Eur10 per day and perfer close to the center, like from Yellowpages.by ?

more
    • Cheap Hostel(s)

Hrodna Apr 21, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Please recommend some Hostel(s) cheaper than Eur10 per day like from Yellowpages.by ?

more
    • Romantic things to do in Hrodna whilst my gf says the city is boring

Hrodna Apr 8, 2014 at 8:07 AM

So my girlfriend lives in Grodno, I've never been there before but I still would like to do something romantic with her(she says Grodno is boring though)
      I'm curious if you've got tips or suggestions to do as a romantic thing...

more
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

One-day tour from Minsk

Nesvizh Apr 2, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Is it feasible?
      I looked up the timetable, Central bus station - it shows one (!) bus to Nesvizh a week. Left me speechless...

more

Provisional Minsk itinerary

Minsk Apr 4, 2014 at 6:50 AM

I have finally found a map of Minsk – you won’t believe it, spent over a week trying to find any map or guidebook on Minsk or Belarus at large in Moscow, talk about the union state!
      Now with a more or less clear vision of what is where this is what I am planning to do – suggestions welcome:
      May 1 Thursday
      Arrival, drawing BYR at Sberbank ATM at the railway station (hope it’s in order), catching a ‘marshrutka’ to hotel Sputnik (otherwise walking, hopefully there are no steps). What does one expect on May 1 – anything closed, or the other way round, any special activity?
      Going downtown to watch May 1 demonstration – if any.
      Checking up food supplies:
      - local Vasilki café chain (there is one near railway station) /
      - old reliable NcDonald’s with its free WC /
      - food stores nearest to the hotel . Found one – Chkalovsky at Voroniansky street 17 – they say they take credit cards, uff, good for them! Maybe I’ll skip taking cash with me altogether?..
      May 2 Friday
      Bus 100 9sort of do-it-yourself city tour) or metro to Nemiga, strolling around old town (I guess this is where is is)
      At night - ‘Romeo & Juliette’ at Minsk Opera; not row 8, but still in the stalls - must bring my Sunday suit, I guess.
      May 3 Saturday
      Botanical gardens (if the weather provides)
      Remote attractions like the National library and the observatory (is it an observatory proper, or an observation point)
      May 4 Sunday
      Going off the beaten path to Vankovich house (part of the art museum – can’t see why no one has written about it) + RSDRP 1st congress hut (I expect I will be the only visitor)
      May 5 Monday
      The flight is 14.35 – must be at the airport at 13.00, I guess – will book a taxi for 12.00. May try airport express from the central bus terminal. Do I get it right that bus # 100 goes to airport Minsk-1? By the way, Minsk International airport – is it Minsk-1 or Minsk-2, or it doesn’t matter?
      Extra:
      I tried to book ‘Krechinsky wedding’ at Gorky drama theatre on May 3, but Kvitki say they have only 4 rows left for sale. They can’t be serious!

more

Popular Belarus Travel Answer Locations

• Cheap Hostels

Minsk Apr 21, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Please recommend some Hostel(s) cheaper than Eur10 per day and perfer close to the center, like from Yellowpages.by ?

3 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 3:58 AM
    • Cheap Hostel(s)

Hrodna Apr 21, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Please recommend some Hostel(s) cheaper than Eur10 per day like from Yellowpages.by ?

3 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    • Romantic things to do in Hrodna whilst my gf says the city is boring

Hrodna Apr 8, 2014 at 8:07 AM

So my girlfriend lives in Grodno, I've never been there before but I still would like to do something romantic with her(she says Grodno is boring though)
      I'm curious if you've got tips or suggestions to do as a romantic thing...

9 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM
    • Address and location required

Belarus Apr 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I have a partial Belarus address that I need to complete including post code. and which city/ town is it near?

The address is:
      Molodechnen.d-t, Vytrepovsh., Str. Komsom. 15

Any help much appreciated.

Peter

1 Answer Apr 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Provisional Minsk itinerary

Minsk Apr 4, 2014 at 6:50 AM

I have finally found a map of Minsk – you won’t believe it, spent over a week trying to find any map or guidebook on Minsk or Belarus at large in Moscow, talk about the union state!
      Now with a more or less clear vision of what is where this is what I am planning to do – suggestions welcome:
      May 1 Thursday
      Arrival, drawing BYR at Sberbank ATM at the railway station (hope it’s in order), catching a ‘marshrutka’ to hotel Sputnik (otherwise walking, hopefully there are no steps). What does one expect on May 1 – anything closed, or the other way round, any special activity?
      Going downtown to watch May 1 demonstration – if any.
      Checking up food supplies:
      - local Vasilki café chain (there is one near railway station) /
      - old reliable NcDonald’s with its free WC /
      - food stores nearest to the hotel . Found one – Chkalovsky at Voroniansky street 17 – they say they take credit cards, uff, good for them! Maybe I’ll skip taking cash with me altogether?..
      May 2 Friday
      Bus 100 9sort of do-it-yourself city tour) or metro to Nemiga, strolling around old town (I guess this is where is is)
      At night - ‘Romeo & Juliette’ at Minsk Opera; not row 8, but still in the stalls - must bring my Sunday suit, I guess.
      May 3 Saturday
      Botanical gardens (if the weather provides)
      Remote attractions like the National library and the observatory (is it an observatory proper, or an observation point)
      May 4 Sunday
      Going off the beaten path to Vankovich house (part of the art museum – can’t see why no one has written about it) + RSDRP 1st congress hut (I expect I will be the only visitor)
      May 5 Monday
      The flight is 14.35 – must be at the airport at 13.00, I guess – will book a taxi for 12.00. May try airport express from the central bus terminal. Do I get it right that bus # 100 goes to airport Minsk-1? By the way, Minsk International airport – is it Minsk-1 or Minsk-2, or it doesn’t matter?
      Extra:
      I tried to book ‘Krechinsky wedding’ at Gorky drama theatre on May 3, but Kvitki say they have only 4 rows left for sale. They can’t be serious!

13 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 1:33 PM

One-day tour from Minsk

Nesvizh Apr 2, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Is it feasible?
      I looked up the timetable, Central bus station - it shows one (!) bus to Nesvizh a week. Left me speechless...

10 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hotel Sputnik – how to get from the railway station?

Minsk Mar 7, 2014 at 3:06 AM

Just booked hotel Sputnik on a whim – it is the least expensive option, and they had only two rooms left.
      Hope I did not do anything stupid – had to get myself a wind down after all the turmoil lately.
      – I haven’t booked hotels for a few years, prefer apartments where you can cook your own breakfast. And I never visited any of our close neighbours, formerly constituent republics, since 1991, feel slightly at a loss…
      With just one review about this hotel, anyone knows the best way from the railway station with a wheeled bag and four surgeries in the past year? I guess that will be taxi – or foot, climbing the bus does not seem very encouraging.
      Any advice on Internet? Better to bring my laptop – it’s extra 1,5 kg, or rely on a post office / Internet café?
      Speaking of the cafés – any around?
      Last but least – how does one go currency exchange? I mean, surely I don’t have the same currency as you folks, but still the Russian ruble won’t go for the Byelorussian ruble.
      P.S.
      Have not booked any Moscow – Minsk transportation yet, will ask advice specifically!
      Thanks!

11 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • Reentering Belarus after a day trip to Russia

Belarus Feb 26, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Hi everyone,
      I am going to Minsk in may (visa free since I have a hockey ticket). I was wondering if I can take a day trip to Russia (I will get a Russian visa) and then come back to Belarus legally. On the one hand Russia and Belarus have no border controls but on the other hand it is a second entry to belarus. Is travelling between Russia and Belarus considered "single entry" since they seem to have some border agreement?
      Thx a lot!

4 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • tiagc's Profile Photo

TAXI FROM GRODNO TO PINSK

Hrodna Feb 24, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Hi and Greetings from near Sydney Australia!
      We will be in Poland in a few months and staying with family. We would like to visit my mother's ancestoral home in Pinsk (which was in Poland before WW2). The train from Bialystok to Pinsk apparantly takes 12 - 14 hours! It's only 272kms by road but I was advised that this is not safe and tourists can be held up at the border for hours.
      I was thinking of taking the train from Bialystok to Grodno which is about 3hrs and then a taxi for 3 adults to Pinsk which would be about 3 - 4 hrs by road thus cutting down our travel time by nearly half! Any advice on this and a contact for a taxi firm etc. We would do the reverse after a feww days in Pinsk. ( My Polish and Russian went by the wayside many many years ago) regards Ingrid

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • i want to visit mir

Minsk Jan 31, 2014 at 2:04 AM

i want to visit mir and be back in 1 day

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • Felix300's Profile Photo

May 2014 - hockey champ immigration

Belarus Jan 29, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Not a question - a notice.

The border guards of Belarus have released a statement according to which any guests visiting Belarus in May visa-free will have to declare their passport, ticket and (!) the local registration (the latter must be processed within 5 business days by the tourist if not staying at hotels that process registration automatically).

Well, this is obviously a measure taken by the government to tackle booking.com apartments that do not offer registration. This all is going to be a lot of fun!

A

4 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    • Accomodation in Minsk

Minsk Jan 20, 2014 at 5:43 AM

Hi I'll be in Minsk for 5 days in late May (with my 9 year old son) and an apartment seems the best option.

Can anyone recommend a reliable agency that could sort me out?

Approximately how much should I expect to pay for a one or two bedroom apartment?

I will also require a visa support letter ( in order to obtain a visa) and will then obviously require registration of this with the relevant authorities(we have Irish passports).

Also - I would be looking at visiting places outside the centre - like Khatyn, Stalin Line, Mount of Glory etc. I'm not sure a tour would be much good as my Russian isnt good - I can download enough from the internet to sort me out in that regard - so really what I'd be looking for would be to get there either by public transport or a driver (or - even hire a car & drive myself though that would probs be more trouble than its worth). And ideas would be welcome.

Finally - is there any public transport to & from the airport?

Thanks for your assistance.

3 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 9:42 AM
    • travel voucher and invitation letter

Hrodna Jan 7, 2014 at 2:43 AM

can anyone help me with a travel voucher to enable me visit belarus as a ghanaian since all the companies online are not helping

6 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

Visa Belarus

Belarus Dec 27, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Hello,
      I want to travel to Belarus with a friend and would like to know:
      1.) How can I get the visa in the cheapest possible way (we are Austrian citizens)?
      2.) Which places are recommendable to visit and are clean hotels/hostels easy to find?
      3.) My friend speaks basic Russian. Will that be enough to get around and are the locals in Belarus helpful in general?

Thank you for your help!

5 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • firing ranges

Minsk Dec 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM

is there any firing ranges where you can fire some guns for fun?

1 Answer Dec 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    • visiting now

Belarus Dec 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Anyone have any special tips or advice about visiting belarus. i will be there this week.
      Also any VT members also travelling in the area ?

10 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    • Hotel near Baranavichy

Baranavichy Nov 9, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Hi, I am looking for hotel on the way from Minsk to Kobryn. Seems that best is in Baranavichy.
      any suggestions? Thanks

1 Answer Nov 9, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    • stylekerouac's Profile Photo

How does the traveller feel ?

Belarus Nov 3, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Hi,

I plan to go to Belarus, to Minsk and probably to other cities.
      My question is not about facts - I can find everything on e-net and forums - but about feeling : how does the traveller feel in this country ? Does he travel with enough of freedom ? Can he adapt and arrange last minute changes if he does not like a place ? How free and available is internet ?

Thanks for tips
      Max

9 Answers Nov 3, 2013 at 7:46 AM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Is it possible to visit the Belarussian section of Chernobyl?

Belarus Sep 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I saw a nature documentary about some scientists who were studying wolves in the Chernobyl exclusion zone, and they were able to visit the Belarussian section, but can you go there as a tourist?

3 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    • questions

Minsk Jul 22, 2013 at 2:14 AM

1. Some soviet style (old fashioned) place or activity, like bar, restaurant, shops, theatre, museum, red army related monuments or anything.

2. Any kind of markets, except modern shopping malls, like second hand, street market, food market, etc.-

3. Soviet style shops of clothes, soviet propaganda and red army items

4. Places to see belarus folokloric music and dance

5. Rock, punk or any concerts singed in belarusian or russian language (NOT IN ENGLISH)

6. Any lake with pedal boats and old arcade games

7. Hockey or any place to see other sports apart from soccer (it doesn´t have to be professional)

8. Minority groups neiborhoods, with tipical shops and restaurants from their culture

9. Wich neiborhoods or areas we should avoid by the day or night time?

10. Wich places are forbhiden to take photography, apart from military related?

11. Thank you very much, if you can ask just one or two questions is enough.

16 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 1:33 PM
    • Getting the Visa at the Airport of Minsk at the FAD?

Minsk Jun 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Hello,

I'm willing to visit my fiancé in Belarus, and we're planning to get married there, then we will move back here together, however, the only issue is that there is no Belorussian Embassy in my country, hence I have to submit my papers to the FAD at the airport of Minsk in advance, and it says that the inviting person must submit that in person. Does it mean she has to travel all the way to Minsk and then to the airport and submit them? Or she can just send them through the mail service? Otherwise, can I just submit everything from my country to them via DHL?

Also, I didn't find anywhere whether it's necessary to submit a translated copy of my passport or birth certificate, as my papers are in French (except my passport which is in both French and English), so will that suffice? Or must I send the translation as well?

In case I have to send the translated documents, can my fiancé do the translation there in Belarus and send them? Has she had to legalize the translated papers at the ministry of foreign affairs? (honestly, it's like mission impossible for me to find any interpreter or translator who does Russian here!!!!)

I appreciate any sort of help for any full or partial answer, because I'm lost, and we've planned to have a wedding over here, so the deadline is pretty tight.

Thanks everybody, I wish somebody can help.

16 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

By train to Moscow

Minsk May 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM

My son is going to travel from Switzerland to Moscow. He has already bought the tickets for the entire trip but reservations only to Brest because it was not possible to make reservation on Belarus trains. They will spend the day in Minsk before catching a overnight train to Moscow. Is it possible/easy to make a reservation for the same day? Will there be anyone speaking english? Is there a special desk? Do they accept credit cards?
      We searched for and back seat61 but didn't find an answer.
      Thank you for your help.

9 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • RoxanneC's Profile Photo

Taking my daughter to see her country

Belarus May 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I am planning on taking my 11 year-old daughter to see her birth country and some members of her birth family. We will need a translator to French or English. Where can we hire one. We are also looking for an ap
      artment in Minsk and in Bobruisk. What other cities or places should we visit. We will be in Belarus from August 2 to August 21.
      Any ideas or help would be great. Roxanne

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:33 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Map of city? Are there good transport connections between Mahilyow and Minsk/Vitebsk/Polotsk?

Mahilyow Apr 4, 2013 at 4:32 AM

Hello all
      Looking at the map, it seems straight forward enough but just wanted to double-check there are plenty of train/bus connections between Mahilyow and Minsk/Vitebsk/Polotsk?
      Also, the WWII memorials that I saw in the 'Things to do' section look good. Are they pretty central or a good bit outside of the city? I've struggled to find a map of the city online
      Thanks again
      DG

6 Answers May 7, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Stalin Line museum - has anyone been here? Seems to be a nightmare to reach!?

Minsk Apr 3, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Hello all
      I've read a little about the above museum which is located about 30km from Minsk. Does anyone know of a bus that runs close by the museums location? I've been told that having a car or taking a taxi are the only options available and if thats true then I may be in some bother! :) I'm really very keen to see this place. I'd be prepared to pay for a taxi if i could get one a bit closer then 30km away!
      Maybe some of you guys have been there and can give some good tips
      Thanks!
      DG

11 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • visa

Belarus Apr 1, 2013 at 12:47 AM

do I need a visa to stay in Belarus for 3 nights

12 Answers May 8, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Is there anyway for a budget traveller to stay in Hrodna!?!

Hrodna Mar 30, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Hello all
      I've been hearing a lot about the quality of a few of these expensive hostels in Hrodna. As things stand, I don't think i'll be visiting if these are the only accomodation options :-/
      Are there any guesthouses or panzions in Hrodna? Maybe there are people waiting in the bus/train stations offering accomodation?
      I really don't want to be forking out anything more than €40 a night but I don't know really. I haven't been to Belarus before and at the moment it looks far from cheap accomodation-wise
      Thanks everyone
      DG

9 Answers Apr 2, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    • To Grodno, Belarus from Minsk or Warsaw?

Hrodna Mar 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I will be going to Grodno, Belarus in early July 2013 for a week (from Washington DC area)

I understand to get to Grodno, it will be best to take ground transportation (train or bus). Trying to decide if I should travel to Minsk, Belarus or travel to Warsaw, Poland. I know both buses and trains are available but would like to know which route is more convenient and easier – thanks

8 Answers May 8, 2013 at 10:23 PM
    • massot's Profile Photo

Visa. Papers

Minsk Mar 24, 2013 at 4:43 AM

My idea is to visit Minsk during a couple of days (29-30 april). But the problem are the papers... they seem unscalable! (letters, visa, money...). We have spanish passport, and no embassy between Spain-Belarus.
      Some advice?
      Thanks!!
      Roma Massot. Tarragona. Catalonia
      massot@comt.cat

8 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 2:52 AM
    • nasir_acc80's Profile Photo

Verification need

Belarus Mar 18, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Hi all. Can any one help me that how to verify a tourist company in Belarus and Ukraine? as under one of the Belarus agency site
      bel.vokrugsveta.by/en/about_...
      any method of online LIC checking?
      you hand will be help me.
      Thanks

2 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM