Belarus

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• registration for multiple entry business visa

Belarus Dec 15, 2014 at 2:10 AM

i have 90 day multiple entry visa forbelarus which is "Busines Status." Doi need to register each trip (when more than 5 business days) with such a visa or not?i was told by apartment rental company that not needed but I am not sure they are correct? maybe they just dont want bother going with me:

more
    • Felix300's Profile Photo

Urgent update - currency issues in Belarus...

Belarus Dec 19, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Dear Friends, it appears that 2011 is back except it is now winter and the things are developing very swiftly. From today on foreign currency is unavailable in the exchange kiosks, so do be careful about how much you exchange so as not to be left with a pile of rubles that cost nothing.

ATMs don't produce any currency now so if you need cash and it won't harm having $100 in small bills (or euro). Ruble is losing value but not too fast consider that as you plan expenses.

Surely, don't deal with the folks you don't know on the exchange issues. Your any questions on the matter are most welcome here and via PMs.

A

more
    • Felix300's Profile Photo

Urgent update - currency issues in Belarus...

Belarus Dec 19, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Dear Friends, it appears that 2011 is back except it is now winter and the things are developing very swiftly. From today on foreign currency is unavailable in the exchange kiosks, so do be careful about how much you exchange so as not to be left with a pile of rubles that cost nothing.

ATMs don't produce any currency now so if you need cash and it won't harm having $100 in small bills (or euro). Ruble is losing value but not too fast consider that as you plan expenses.

Surely, don't deal with the folks you don't know on the exchange issues. Your any questions on the matter are most welcome here and via PMs.

A

4 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM
    • registration for multiple entry business visa

Belarus Dec 15, 2014 at 2:10 AM

i have 90 day multiple entry visa forbelarus which is "Busines Status." Doi need to register each trip (when more than 5 business days) with such a visa or not?i was told by apartment rental company that not needed but I am not sure they are correct? maybe they just dont want bother going with me:

4 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 4:17 AM
    • From Bulgaria to Brest

Belarus Oct 31, 2014 at 12:19 PM

What is the best transport from Bulgaria to Brest? I'm planning to go maybe at february or march 2015. I'd like to stay for a couple of days and I'm looking for some nice place (hotels/apartments) to stay. Could you give me some advise for places and things to do like cultural sights, restaurant, cafes and other.
      Thank you for your help

2 Answers Oct 31, 2014 at 1:21 PM
    • Foreigner Registration and Visa Extension

Belarus Oct 25, 2014 at 2:59 PM

My visa is 30 days Visa on дзелавыя стасункі (Business Relations), I have no inviter, no invitation letter needed because I'm from migration-secure states for Belarus 30 days visa. I prepare to enter Belarus on Tuesday, possible entry in Brest or Grodno by train.

Question 1: Are you sure I can buy the obligatory medical insurance from "Beleximgarant" (the cheaper company) at these border entries ?

2. My entry is on Tuesday, So the next Tuesday I need to do registration ? within 5 business days includes 2 days weekend ? This time I want to stay in private place rather than expensive hotels/hostels, (but at my last time in Blearus, in Grodno foreign registration office, a staff said you need your inviter to do registration) but I have no inviter for my visa, any advices for my intended private registration ?

3. I have intention to extend my visa in Belarus but I can't find clear rules for visa extension in Citizenship and Migration Department, can I just get a private person to invite me staying for the visa extension ? Keep in mind My visa is 30 days Visa дзелавыя стасункі (Business Relations).

4. By the way, is there an online trip planner for Minsk local transport even the other Belarus cities, so that I can find what bus, tram to take to get to where I want to go ?

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 8:09 AM
    • Local food serving restaurants/cafes/bakeries

Minsk Oct 10, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Hi all,

I am into local food (e.g., Buckwheat blini, Lazanki, khaladnik, perepecha, zhur, Polivka, Schav, Kvass, to just name a few!), and my questions are as follows;

1. Where is exactly National Foods restaurant? Apparently somewhere in Trinity Suburb, but I cannot nail down its exact location.
      2. My research shows apart from National Foods there is another restaurant, Vasil'ki(http://www.vasilki.by/). This franchise looks VERY posh to me, or rather too posh for the local Belorussians to dine! Could someone recommend some other eateries where the locals hang our for Belorussian foods? I do not mind even street food.
      3. Where can I find the best bakery in Minsk?

Thanks,

8 Answers Oct 18, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • Where is Komarovskij rynok(market)?

Minsk Oct 9, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hi again,

My research shows it is located at Ulitsa Very Horuzhej 8,but I cannot locate it on Google Map.

Could someone tell me exactly where it is and also when it is open (weekend only?)?

Thanks,

2 Answers Oct 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    • Money changers open at weekends in central Minsk?

Minsk Oct 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Hi all,

I am thrilled to visit Minsk end of December and wonder if money changers are open at weekends in central Minsk as I arrive at weekend from Vilnius.

Banks are NOT open at all at weekends, right?

I hope they charge at a reasonable rate!

Cheers,

1 Answer Nov 15, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Danger in Borders with Macedonia

Kosovo Oct 4, 2014 at 1:38 AM

We are travelling to kosovo from Macedonia and we want to know if there is any problem there that we should be aware of. Is it dangerous?

13 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Opening hours

Kosovo Oct 2, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Hallo my friends. I need help for the opening hours of some monasteries and churches.
      1. Bogorodica Ljeviska- Prizren
      2.Patriarchate of Pec
      3.Monastery Gracanica
      If you can help me because it is difficult for me to communicate by phone. Thank you very much.

3 Answers Oct 3, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • boltonian's Profile Photo

Transit Visa

Belarus Sep 22, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Hi,

I am going from Poland to Belarus in Feb 2015 and need a visa. The transit visa is good for 48 hours according to the Belarus Embassy website.

I plan to stay 1 night in Brest and 1 night in Minsk before leaving to Lithuania.

Does the transit visa allow you to stop off like this or is it expected that you are travelling (i.e. on a bus or train) for the 48 hours?

As I have it, we plan to enter on Thursday at 2pm and exit on Saturday at 10am

6 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 5:22 AM
    • Voyo's Profile Photo

Latin dancing

Minsk Jun 23, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Does anyone know a friendly Latino club for dancing and socializing?

2 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 8:32 PM
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Belarusian liqueur

Minsk Jun 9, 2014 at 4:56 AM

My relatives asked me to bring souvenirs, something authentic; not fridge magnets made in China.
      I remember seeing very inexpensive liqueur in very impressive flasks in DOR-ORS shop next to hotel Sputnik. (I understand DOR-ORS holding is very popular in the railway station district, they sell everything from socks to cucumbers) They had quite a range, bitter spirits to cherry liqueurs.
      The question is, anybody tried and can recommend?

2 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Airport bus?

Minsk Jun 4, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Does airport bus run along Prospekt Nesavisimosti?
      I am already thinking of a new trip and looking for a strategically located flat, to skip dragging the suitcase too far!

8 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • Atreyung's Profile Photo

Visa Belarus

Belarus May 16, 2014 at 5:11 AM

Hello everybody,

somewhere in October a friend and I had the crazy plan to visit Belarus. I finally figured out the procedure to obtain a visa for tourists but I have a few questions left.

We're on a budget so we plan to stay in hostels, certainly in Minsk. Can hostels provide you with the invitation letter I need for the visa ?

We'd like to do a 'trip (2 days)' to Chernobyl, because we both love urban photography. I already know that I don't need a visa for Ukraine but if I return to Belarus (we were planning to hire a car to do this trip so we have to bring it back), can I use the same visa then ?

Thank you in advance and all other information is welcome !!!!

Greetings
      Conny

4 Answers May 16, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • Transport

Belarus May 14, 2014 at 11:48 PM

I am tourist in belarus but i want to go poland. Right now i want to know how i go to poland?

6 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    • tiagc's Profile Photo

Pinsk to Bialystok Bus 2014

Belarus May 11, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Hi!
      I have been agonising over a trip to Pinsk Belarus from Bialystok Poland to visit my grandmother's grave and see old friends.
      I will staying in Poland with relatives in August this year and the only safe way was by train which would have taken 12-14 hours!!!
      But today I was informed by Belarussin friends that starting from 1st May 2014,
      direct bus from Pinsk to Bialystok.
      Goes once a fortnight on friday late evening and on saturday Bialystok late night.
      One week goes to Bialystok, the other week goes to White Podlasie.
      This is a Belarussian Bus Service.

7 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 11:05 AM
    • Torgut's Profile Photo

Registration with Police Question

Belarus May 7, 2014 at 10:55 PM

I arrive in Belarus Saturday in the morning. That day I stay in a hostel and they will process my registration for that day. The remaining days I will stay with private individuals (Couchsurfing). I am trying to decide my plan... where to go, when to leave the country, etc.... but I am struggling with the absence of information... one thing is for sure... I don't want to ask people to waste their time taking care of paperwork for me, so I will have to leave whenever a new registration becomes mandatory.

I am aware I have 5 business days until I need to register with the police. But in this case, because I will stay first night in hostel... is it the same... 5 business from Sunday? This brings me to another question... these days... is it inclusive or exclusive? Because if it's inclusive I should leave Friday BUT if it's exclusive, I can leave only next Sunday.

3 Answers May 8, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    • Where to rent a bike and membership for a local gym

Minsk Apr 25, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Can someone tell me of affordable places to tent a bike and go to the gym?
      Does anyone knows how the trains to Ukraine work?

4 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    • Pianist looking for a piano to rent or where to practice

Minsk Apr 25, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Does anyone know where I can find a place to practice piano or rent? Please I need to know!

2 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 11:08 AM

May 1st in Minsk

Minsk Apr 25, 2014 at 7:37 AM

What to expect – anything shut that is normally open, like food stores? Any demonstrations/festivities in the city with streets closed for transport, or something to catch on the camera?
      I understand that May 2nd is not a holiday – or is it? If not, May 1st and May 3rd are days-off anyway; does one expect crowds of people everywhere?
      If I try to take refuge in the Botanical Gardens, do I get it right that the main entrance is from Surganova street? There is café Vasil’ki not far, recommended by Russian Internet – can it be more crowded than the café inside the garden? McDonald’s, too, has Surganova street as its address, but it looks farther.
      Speaking about meals, any budget place locals would go to when they do not eat at home? I have two Lidos on my list, they appear to be very popular, too. By the way, there is Komarovsky market between these two – is it a ‘farmers’ market’, or a supermarket that pretends it is a farmers’ market?(Tt home most ‘farmers’ sell bananas and avocados)

5 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 11:24 PM
    • Cheap Hostels

Minsk Apr 21, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Please recommend some Hostel(s) cheaper than Eur10 per day and perfer close to the center, like from Yellowpages.by ?

3 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 3:58 AM
    • Cheap Hostel(s)

Hrodna Apr 21, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Please recommend some Hostel(s) cheaper than Eur10 per day like from Yellowpages.by ?

3 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    • Romantic things to do in Hrodna whilst my gf says the city is boring

Hrodna Apr 8, 2014 at 8:07 AM

So my girlfriend lives in Grodno, I've never been there before but I still would like to do something romantic with her(she says Grodno is boring though)
      I'm curious if you've got tips or suggestions to do as a romantic thing...

11 Answers May 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM
    • Address and location required

Belarus Apr 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I have a partial Belarus address that I need to complete including post code. and which city/ town is it near?

The address is:
      Molodechnen.d-t, Vytrepovsh., Str. Komsom. 15

Any help much appreciated.

Peter

1 Answer Apr 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Provisional Minsk itinerary

Minsk Apr 4, 2014 at 6:50 AM

I have finally found a map of Minsk – you won’t believe it, spent over a week trying to find any map or guidebook on Minsk or Belarus at large in Moscow, talk about the union state!
      Now with a more or less clear vision of what is where this is what I am planning to do – suggestions welcome:
      May 1 Thursday
      Arrival, drawing BYR at Sberbank ATM at the railway station (hope it’s in order), catching a ‘marshrutka’ to hotel Sputnik (otherwise walking, hopefully there are no steps). What does one expect on May 1 – anything closed, or the other way round, any special activity?
      Going downtown to watch May 1 demonstration – if any.
      Checking up food supplies:
      - local Vasilki café chain (there is one near railway station) /
      - old reliable NcDonald’s with its free WC /
      - food stores nearest to the hotel . Found one – Chkalovsky at Voroniansky street 17 – they say they take credit cards, uff, good for them! Maybe I’ll skip taking cash with me altogether?..
      May 2 Friday
      Bus 100 9sort of do-it-yourself city tour) or metro to Nemiga, strolling around old town (I guess this is where is is)
      At night - ‘Romeo & Juliette’ at Minsk Opera; not row 8, but still in the stalls - must bring my Sunday suit, I guess.
      May 3 Saturday
      Botanical gardens (if the weather provides)
      Remote attractions like the National library and the observatory (is it an observatory proper, or an observation point)
      May 4 Sunday
      Going off the beaten path to Vankovich house (part of the art museum – can’t see why no one has written about it) + RSDRP 1st congress hut (I expect I will be the only visitor)
      May 5 Monday
      The flight is 14.35 – must be at the airport at 13.00, I guess – will book a taxi for 12.00. May try airport express from the central bus terminal. Do I get it right that bus # 100 goes to airport Minsk-1? By the way, Minsk International airport – is it Minsk-1 or Minsk-2, or it doesn’t matter?
      Extra:
      I tried to book ‘Krechinsky wedding’ at Gorky drama theatre on May 3, but Kvitki say they have only 4 rows left for sale. They can’t be serious!

13 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 1:33 PM

One-day tour from Minsk

Nesvizh Apr 2, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Is it feasible?
      I looked up the timetable, Central bus station - it shows one (!) bus to Nesvizh a week. Left me speechless...

10 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hotel Sputnik – how to get from the railway station?

Minsk Mar 7, 2014 at 3:06 AM

Just booked hotel Sputnik on a whim – it is the least expensive option, and they had only two rooms left.
      Hope I did not do anything stupid – had to get myself a wind down after all the turmoil lately.
      – I haven’t booked hotels for a few years, prefer apartments where you can cook your own breakfast. And I never visited any of our close neighbours, formerly constituent republics, since 1991, feel slightly at a loss…
      With just one review about this hotel, anyone knows the best way from the railway station with a wheeled bag and four surgeries in the past year? I guess that will be taxi – or foot, climbing the bus does not seem very encouraging.
      Any advice on Internet? Better to bring my laptop – it’s extra 1,5 kg, or rely on a post office / Internet café?
      Speaking of the cafés – any around?
      Last but least – how does one go currency exchange? I mean, surely I don’t have the same currency as you folks, but still the Russian ruble won’t go for the Byelorussian ruble.
      P.S.
      Have not booked any Moscow – Minsk transportation yet, will ask advice specifically!
      Thanks!

11 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • Reentering Belarus after a day trip to Russia

Belarus Feb 26, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Hi everyone,
      I am going to Minsk in may (visa free since I have a hockey ticket). I was wondering if I can take a day trip to Russia (I will get a Russian visa) and then come back to Belarus legally. On the one hand Russia and Belarus have no border controls but on the other hand it is a second entry to belarus. Is travelling between Russia and Belarus considered "single entry" since they seem to have some border agreement?
      Thx a lot!

4 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • tiagc's Profile Photo

TAXI FROM GRODNO TO PINSK

Hrodna Feb 24, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Hi and Greetings from near Sydney Australia!
      We will be in Poland in a few months and staying with family. We would like to visit my mother's ancestoral home in Pinsk (which was in Poland before WW2). The train from Bialystok to Pinsk apparantly takes 12 - 14 hours! It's only 272kms by road but I was advised that this is not safe and tourists can be held up at the border for hours.
      I was thinking of taking the train from Bialystok to Grodno which is about 3hrs and then a taxi for 3 adults to Pinsk which would be about 3 - 4 hrs by road thus cutting down our travel time by nearly half! Any advice on this and a contact for a taxi firm etc. We would do the reverse after a feww days in Pinsk. ( My Polish and Russian went by the wayside many many years ago) regards Ingrid

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • i want to visit mir

Minsk Jan 31, 2014 at 2:04 AM

i want to visit mir and be back in 1 day

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM