change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Luv02124's Profile Photo

Traveling to Beirut as a black women

by Luv02124 Online Now Dec 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Hello i am a black that live in USA. My boyfriend went back home to Lebanon and want me to visit. I would like to know if it is possible for us to stay in the same hotel room together? If so what list of hotels you would recommend? I heard Beirut is not to welcome toward black people. They view black women as house maid, and prostitute, is that true? What do I need to know as a black women traveling there. I will be with my boyfriend the whole time.

more
    • Traveling to Beirut as a black women

by Luv02124 Online Now Dec 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Hello i am a black that live in USA. My boyfriend went back home to Lebanon and want me to visit. I would like to know if it is possible for us to stay in the same hotel room together? If so what list of hotels you would recommend? I heard Beirut is not to welcome toward black people. They view black women as house maid, and prostitute, is that true? What do I need to know as a black women traveling there. I will be with my boyfriend the whole time.

4 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    • Must see in Lebanon

by NABDUL Online Now Jul 27, 2014 at 1:40 AM

1st time to Lebanon, what are the top 10 places to visit?

6 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 8:04 PM
    • 6 days tourism and visits cost in Beirut

by NABDUL Online Now Jul 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Traveling to Beirut for 7 days and planning to visit touristic places, is 6,000 USD enough apart from hotel expenses??

4 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM
    • Travel to Beirut on July 12th

by Golchehr Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Is it safe to travel to beirut right now?

4 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 4:21 PM
    • lousatraveler111's Profile Photo

BOOKCYPRIS.COM AGENCY

by lousatraveler111 Online Now May 30, 2014 at 9:15 AM

hello everybody , i already booked with bookcyprus.com but my trip will be at 24 of august , i payed already 75% of the full amount , did somebody has travelled with this company from before ? and is that reliable ? thanks :)

4 Answers May 30, 2014 at 8:55 PM
    • NEED TO TRAVEL TO LEBANON

by jordan12 Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 4:14 AM

is there any other way to travel to lebanon if you dont have any person to send you an invitation ? well acctually i have to go to meet my girlfriend but she can not send me an invitation due to her parents as you can understand how a girl's parents are sometimes , so i really need a proper guideline if anyone can ??

2 Answers May 1, 2014 at 5:32 AM
    • Going to Beirut this Weekend

by maddy0193 Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Going to Beirut from Thursday to Sunday. Good idea or terrible idea? What should we do to stay safe?

1 Answer Apr 22, 2014 at 2:42 AM
    • Any recommended Festivals December 26 - 31?

by HAMMAH Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Planning to travel to Beirut from Dec 26 - 31 and wondering if there are any specific festivals that anyone can recommend?

2 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 12:16 AM
    • cyber cafe

by kayzer-s Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 4:55 AM

i m looking for a cyber cafe in beirut not far from mazraa

• About to travel to Beirut, is it safe to go?

by MMSeattle Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Hey all! So I am doing an internship/exchange program in Beirut from Christmas to late Jan. I have been closely watching the news, and in contact with the lead of the program, and he has assured me the media is exaggerating the dangers of Lebanon right now. I am a young American women who has been learning Arabic for the past three years. I am wondering if there is anything I should know about living in Beirut for a month/ safe travel around the country during this time, and even wondering if I should actually go at this point - my mother is worried, and it is making me worried!

Thank you!

14 Answers May 14, 2014 at 5:11 AM
    • What is the best Grocery store?

by deboamos Online Now Dec 8, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I am looking for organic, plus - good steaks - wide variety. And is open on Sunday.

2 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 6:22 AM
    • JohanK's Profile Photo

Recommendation for 5 day trip (2nd-7th January 2014) in Beirut (man, german, mid aged, alone)

by JohanK Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Hi, could anybody give some tips how to plan a short trip to Beirut? I just want to see something outside Europe, some good food, good drinks and good music. Thanks,

4 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    • Is it possible to check in with your girlfriend in a hotel

by Wagner1991 Online Now Dec 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Hello
      Me and my girl friend want to spend some time in a nice relaxing hotel. Is it possible or we have to be married and show some kind license? Or do hotels overlook such law and turn a blind eye.

Thank you

10 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    • buses in beirut

by beail Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 7:45 AM

how do you get in bus from the governemental palace to sassin square?

2 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    • Beirut Safety

by berrylover Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM

We're planning a trip to Israel and Lebanon in Oct '13. The Travel Advisory for Lebanon is to avoid all travel. Yet I've seen reviews from people saying it's fine with a guide (which we'll have) and to avoid border towns. If any of you have traveled to Lebanon within the past month, we'd love to hear your experience/thoughts. Thank you!

17 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    • Single US Woman from NYC going to Beirut alone-am I crazy?

by trixeenyc Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I am planning on traveling sat sept 14th -Monday the 16th and am going.to Beirut staying at Le Gray. Am I crazy? Everyone is telling me not to go, the government has issued warnings, Im told I am a prime person for kidnapping (being blond, etc.). I am traveling alone so, I have that aspect. I just wanted to see some of the sites, check out a night club and chill at the hotel pool. Should I bag it and go straight to Cyprus where I am slated to go on the 16th? Should I not go to a nightclub alone? I haven't figured out what to see yet, but I know there are some ruins, etc. Do you suggest hiring (not renting actually hiring a driver) a car for a day to drive me around and wait for me?

Please help me decide what to do. I am totally confused and while I want to go and check it out, I don't want to be stupid.

Help!

trixee

28 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 12:16 AM
    • 10 days trip to Beirut

by Martine1510 Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Hi!
      Next week I will have my flight to Beirut for a short (10days) trip to visit Lebanon. Since the Dutch government changed their travel advice to Lebanon today I totally do not know what to do. The advice is now: all not-essential travels are discourgared. What do you think? Is it still safe to visit Beirut center and Byblos and some other place at the coast?
      I know that there are several warnings you have to take very serious but I also know that they are very fast with a very intens negative advice for a whole country even when the "problems" are located in certain areas.
      Hopefully you can give me some advice.

9 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 1:23 AM
    • Going to Beirut

by Tara34 Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Hi we are going to Beirut with my husband and 1 year old boy. Is it safe to go there now?

6 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    • Coffeenewz's Profile Photo

Is Beirut safe place to visit these days?

by Coffeenewz Online Now Aug 23, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Hi , I am travelling to Beirut this Friday till Sunday and i was wondering if its safe after the latest news and whether is should cancel my business trip or not? This is my first time in beirut. thank you

5 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    • Things to do

by Mytriptohere Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Hi! Again!
      Thank you for the reply! Now we have booked our trip to Beirut!!
      My next question is
      Is Beirut children-friendly?
      What can we do with two kids in the age of 3-5 years? We prefer to stay in Beirut, and not outsider the town..

Hope you can help us!

2 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    • Travel

by Mytriptohere Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Hi!
      Me & My family is planning à trip to Beirut in late july/august..
      How is the safety there now? Thinking about the carbomb in south Beirut....
      Do you think its ok to travel with à kid?

2 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 7:12 AM
    • Shopping malls

by envercelikbas Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

What are the shopping malls that I need to visit in Beirut?
      I am not that much into shopping. I would rather see creative concepts. In this sense, I am interested in the malls that have interesting kiosks, brands and concepts.

5 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 4:32 AM
    • Beirut Mall

by envercelikbas Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Has anyone been to Beirut Mall recently?

7 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    • Wetzel's Pretzel and Beirut Mall

by envercelikbas Online Now Jul 5, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Is Wetzel's Pretzel still open in Beirut Mall?

2 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 3:00 AM
    • ariving at 3 a.m

by laura_cisv Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Hi,
      do you know is it easy to reach a city from airport if plain lands at 3 am? Is is safe?
      any advises on this topic?

5 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    • NicolaiD's Profile Photo

Beirut Airport

by NicolaiD Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm planning on flying down to Beirut pretty soon, from June 14th-23rd. I wasn't especially worried about the safety issue until I read on the Norwegian Embassy site that roads to Beirut Airport were recently closed or can be closed on several occasions.

Am I right to be worried, or is it just a case of keeping up with current events and staying away from the south?

Nicolai

4 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    • Live music in Beirut

by Erragial Online Now May 19, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Hi everybody!
      I'll be visiting Beirut in June for a couple of days and since Im a great fan of Arabic especially Lebanese artists like Najwa Karam, Julia Boutros, Magida el Roumi and of course the legendary Fairouz I would like to check out if by chance any of them is giving concerts at the time of my stay in Beirut. The problem is that it's difficult to find reliable info in English on venues and events. I checked TimeOut Beirut but it didnt prove very helpful. Anybody knows other source of whats happening in Beirut concert scene?

3 Answers May 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    • Safety in Lebanon for an American

by troiska Online Now May 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Fellas and Gals, I am planning to travel to Lebanon early August of this year with an American friend. Assuming we don't go close to the borders, how safe would my American friend be at the moment? I would like him to have the time of his life there. Unfortunately ... I've heard rather concerning stories about recent kidnapping trends which seem fairly exaggerated. However, it's difficult for me to filter out information since I have been living abroad for some time now. Thank you heaps! Any input is greatly appreciated.

7 Answers May 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    • Safety?

by Joumana94 Online Now Apr 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I wish to travel to Beirut with a friend through Jordan around the end of June/beginning of July.
      Is it safe enough for about 5 days?

Regards, Joumana

6 Answers May 6, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Currency to bring

by heidstar Online Now Apr 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM

As I will be travelling around the Middle East for 3 weeks, I can buy all different currencies except Lebanese pound.
      I heard I can use US dollars, is this correct or can I change my national currency Australian dollars to Lebanese pound when I get there!
      Or pay the entry visa by credit card?

10 Answers May 6, 2013 at 6:14 PM