Beirut Travel Answers

change location

How safe is travelling to Beirut?

by debanujc Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Hi All,

I am planning to travel to Beirut for 6 to 8 months on a company project from April 2012. Can you please help me with the following:

1. Are flats available for rent easily for foreigners

2. What is the average cost of flats in Beirut

3. Is it secure especially given the fact that Elections are scheduled to happen in 2013?

4. What is the average cost of living (USD / month) now.

Request your help as I will have to plan my finances and take a call on whether the project travel is advisable.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: How safe is travelling to Beirut?

by viewtheworld Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Bookmarked :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

Re: How safe is travelling to Beirut?

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM

never been there but IMO the region is a bit unstable.. from Eqgypt to Algeria to Bahrain to Syria, etc, etc. Going on a short trip would be ok I think, but we have heard all too often how foreigners have been taken hostage... if u do go there, make sure u register with your country consulate if they have a presence there...

• Ronza's Profile Photo

by Ronza Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Hello. It is true that the area is unstable and lots of things are happening if u hear the news. But unfortunately the news tell u only the bad things. It is mainly safe. Nobody knows what might happen but tourists are still coming and are spending wonderful time.
    U can rent a furnished appartment very easily. Don't have any idea about their rates.Lebanon is not cheap. In which area ur work is located? R u going to rent a car? U can send me a personal mail and will try to help u as much as i can

• aymank's Profile Photo

by aymank Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Hi, it is rather safe to go to beirut. any problems taking place are usually in very specific zones, and not wide spread so if anything happens you can stay away quite easily. Plenty of tourists and expats still go there.

there are plenty of furnished apartments to stay in all across beirut.

Beirut can be very cheap and very expensive depending on your life style. ifyou would go out every night then you can imagine it will be costly. you can easily eat at home much cheaper than the west, and you can also find many reasonably priced dining places with clean and good food.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Beirut