change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Specific Shops

by Agulani Online Now Dec 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Hello, im looking for two kind of shops in Bejing
      1) MMA Equipment - any MMA specific shop or big sport shop where they can have the MMA stuff
      2)Car Performance shops - i believe there is a street where all the shops are located im looking for stuff tuning and mods for my car

Thanks

more
    • Specific Shops

by Agulani Online Now Dec 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Hello, im looking for two kind of shops in Bejing
      1) MMA Equipment - any MMA specific shop or big sport shop where they can have the MMA stuff
      2)Car Performance shops - i believe there is a street where all the shops are located im looking for stuff tuning and mods for my car

Thanks

• sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Tour around

by sandeepgarg Online Now Oct 25, 2014 at 4:28 AM

My wife and me are in Beijing only for 1 day on the 4th of November. We are staying at Holiday inn Central Plaza (near the 2nd Ring Road west).

We would like to visit Mutianyu Great Wall, Tiannanmen Square, Forbidden City, Walking street and Silk Street etc.

How should we do all this? We can start early about 7 am also.

Should we take a taxi? Or just take the taxi for Mutianyu, Forbidden City etc. and then leave it at Walking street or Silk Street and make our own way back?

If Taxi, then how do I get it? Costing??

Thanks in advance!!

5 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • axwell's Profile Photo

China Transit Visa

by axwell Online Now Oct 14, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Travelling to Myanmar via Beijing and have 78 hours between flights can I get a Transit Visa or would I need to apply for Full Tourist visa? Thanks

2 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

1 full day

by sandeepgarg Online Now Sep 26, 2014 at 4:18 PM

My wife and me land at Beijing Capital Airport on 3rd Nov. at about 22.40 from Guangzhou. We fly out at 7.25 am on 5th Nov. to Shanghai.

WHERE should we stay? Near the airport or in the main city? Would prefer the city but not sure of the transportation at that time of the night.

How much time does it take and how convenient is it at that time to the city?

What all can we see in the 1 full day that we have there? We want to see the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and if possible some more place like the Summer Palace, or the Panjiyuan flea market. And if also possible, some night life. Maybe too ambitious for 1 day?

thanks.

13 Answers Oct 4, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    • TravelTheWorld4's Profile Photo

Seeing the great Wall

by TravelTheWorld4 Online Now Sep 26, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I will be arriving in Beijing on March 28th 2015 and departing on April 2nd. I would like to spend 1 or 2 nights at a less touristy area with superior views of the great wall and is within walking distance to the great wall. Any ideas?

Also what other sites would you recommend? Should I consider staying in another city in China?

Thanks,

Steve

8 Answers Sep 27, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • Quick Tour!

by dougers Online Now Sep 21, 2014 at 8:25 AM

I arrive in Beijing on 16th November. Prior to business week…any ideas for a quick tour of must sees on the Sunday? Are there any "flea markets" in Beijing?Thanks! Chris

1 Answer Oct 9, 2014 at 9:52 PM
    • MontagS's Profile Photo

Live and work in Beijing

by MontagS Online Now Sep 15, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Hi again!
      I am considering a job offer as a teacher of economics in beijing with 15000 rmb without tax and no appartement
      You think i could make it?
      Thanks in advance!
      maria

11 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 10:11 PM
    • Where is the best place to buy pearls in china and in Beijing?

by bijanmh1342 Online Now Sep 14, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I means is there any place to trust on and shopping good and not fake pearls with reasonable prices? Can you please write addresses in Chinese words?
      Best wishes

• Where to Buy Home Decor - Chandeliers, Bed Sets, Rugs, Curtains?

by MariaLuiza Online Now Aug 24, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Please, can someone help me.

There is any place, where I could find all of these items in the same place or market/ mall?
      Someone told me about Ikea, but I do not want to shop there.

I am looking for affordable stuff. I mean, a cheaper prices but also with quality.
      I want to buy curtains - just 3 pieces
      I want to buy chandeliers (many sizes and models for different home rooms) but just one piece each
      I want to buy rugs - just 2 pieces
      I want to buy bedding sets (Maybe in Silk or satin)
      I want to buy wallpapers.

I will be arriving at South Beijing Railway Station.

Please if you can, include to me which subway line to take to the place, which station to get off, and the name of the place also in Chinese/Mandarin if you can. As the name in Chinese will help me to ask for direction in case I need.

I will have just 1 day for buying these stuff as I am flying back home this week from a just 3 weeks trip.
      Thank you very, very much!

7 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    • Do I have a problem??

by arthurgannon Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 7:04 AM

DO I HAVE A VISA PROBLEM

I am visiting China later this year from Aug 28 to Feb 3 and have already booked my flights. Total stay in China for158 days on a ‘L’ visa as I’m touring.
      I’ve got a visa for 60 days double entry (total 120 days), and I’ve been told I can get an extension for a further 30 days at a police station. This makes 150 days in total. Here is the question :- Can I obtain a further extension for the remaining 8 days. The Chinese embassy in Manchester says I will only find out when I'm in China. But I would like to know now so I can adjust my return flight date.

4 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    • Cheap bike or electric bikes where to buy

by Johnnym9799 Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hey guys new here in beijing
      Where is best local place to buy a cheap bike or electric bike in the city. Prefer not to overpay.
      J

1 Answer Oct 9, 2014 at 9:52 PM
    • Tablets and Phones

by trishique85 Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Hello,

Where can I get the best price for a Samsung galaxy 10.1 inch tablet and a Samsung S5 phone. What is the lowest price I could get? I will be going to the silk market on saturday.

2 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 7:32 AM
    • TravelingSandy's Profile Photo

Beijing, China

by TravelingSandy Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 3:40 PM

We are arriving in Xingang via cruise ship on October, 13 at 7am. We depart on October 14 at 7pm. Is the bullet train the best way to get into the city? Can anyone recommend a good tour operator at a fair price Thanks so much!

3 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 6:45 PM
    • gaolei's Profile Photo

13 Western tombs of the emperors.

by gaolei Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 7:07 PM

I went to the 13 western Qing Ming tombs 26 years ago. I would like to visit them again this October. How can I get there from Beijing? Are there any commercial tours to the tombs?

1 Answer Jul 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM
    • trying to find Jacks

by goldy0438 Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 5:26 AM

I am trying to find the contact details for an electronic shop in silk street markets Beijing I believe the name is Jack or Jacks can anyone help me please.
      Thanks Bill Morley mwm345@gmail.com

1 Answer Jun 15, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    • KevinnH's Profile Photo

Nightlife/Tour

by KevinnH Online Now Jun 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM

I'm traveling to Beijing for a couple of days and will be visiting a couple of popular tourist destinations to include the Great Wall. With that in mind I would like to experience the nightlife Beijing has to offer. Distance from the airport doesn't matter to me but considering all these factors what area is the best to stay in...in terms of hotel??? Thanks you!

3 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

GOOD Tattoo studios

by Unique82 Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Can anyone recommend a good tattoo studio in Beijing, at a reasonable price?. I dont want to be ripped off. Ive heard many foreigners been asked for a alot of money when it comes to this.

4 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 4:11 PM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

Good price Ipads- Ipod repairs

by Unique82 Online Now May 29, 2014 at 4:36 AM

Does anybody know where I can buy an I pad in Beijing at a good price and also I pod repairs?. Thanks :)

3 Answers May 31, 2014 at 4:14 AM
    • F&E 4 days Beijing

by iluvsilvia Online Now May 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Hi,
      I am in mid 30s' (female) and will be travelling to beijing for 4 days alone.
      Any recommendation on a safe and convenient accomodation (wangfujing near subway)?
      And what suggestions for the 4 days in beijing?
      Will be there from 29th May-2 June and my main concern is also cos I will there during the duanwu festival, will it be super crowded there?
      Any day tour agency to recommend?
      Hope for all your suggestions, thank you in advance :)

4 Answers May 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    • FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Buying fast G train ticket right before departure (Beijing South to Shanghai)?

by FreeCloud Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 5:59 AM

I will land in BJ early afternoon (from USA), but I do not want to pre-purchase a ticket (in case of miss it due to traffic etc.). Can I buy a ticket at the Beijing South train station for the immediate next departure train to Shanghai (I am an American)?

Or do I really have to pre-purchase online? Any suggestion on which website to buy (ctrip.com???). If I miss the train I have the ticket for, would it be too much trouble having to have the ticket (for the missed train) refund first, then but another one?

I am leaving tomorrow, any quick advice would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    • platapus's Profile Photo

High Speed Train Beijing - Shanghai

by platapus Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 4:55 PM

I have read there are several high speed trains running between Beijing and Shanghai each day.

Two questions please.

First.....could i expect to arrive at the railway station in Beijing and simply buy a reserved first class ticket for travel to Shanghai on the "next" train?

Second......can I go to the railway station in Beijing and purchase a reserved first class ticket for travel to Shanghai on the NEXT day etc?

Thanks.........\\

19 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • owyewwah's Profile Photo

What kind of weather?

by owyewwah Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Hi, I am thinking of visiting Beijing/China end of March or first week of April, what kind of weather do I expect? Early spring? Temperature around 10 - 15 degree C? Need advice. Thanks

7 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • Driver in Beijing

by sookling Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Dear VTers,

I am planning a trip to Beijing for 4-5 days with my parents and sister. We are looking for a driver can be taxi or private car, Is there any recommendation? Appreciate your feedback.
      Thanks!

1 Answer Mar 13, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • ampraxu1's Profile Photo

About Confucius

by ampraxu1 Online Now Feb 20, 2014 at 2:03 AM

When was Confucius born in ancient China?

3 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • hike Simatai West to Jinshanling or Jinshanling to Simatai West?

by Fabienka Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I prepare my hike to the Great Wall and I wonder if it is best to start in Jinshanling or Simatai West. Is the cable car in Simatai in operation?
      If we start in Jinshanling, is there a nice path to get down at Simatai?
      Thank you

3 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    • laundry

by kunmingjay Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Hi, I need a place to do laundry near wangfujing. Anyone done that?
      thanks,
      J

3 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • Ssandals's Profile Photo

Street parties/ festivals

by Ssandals Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 4:12 AM

What are the biggest festivals/ parties in Beijing (other than Chinese New Year). Are there any big street parties?

Thank you

Sandy

3 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 6:21 PM
    • muslim resturants

by husnain79 Online Now Dec 21, 2013 at 7:23 PM

are there any muslim resturants which serve halal food
      if any please tell some names

4 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 5:55 AM
    • Need advise about transportation from airport to hotel??

by Aizul_Fitri Online Now Dec 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Hi Im Aizul from Malaysia and coming to Beijing this 30 December 2013, My flight arrival in Beijing Capital Airport around 1.30am on 31 December 2013... So how the best way to I take the transportation from the airport to the hotel?? Need your advise about that... Thanks :)

7 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 6:26 PM
    • karisse's Profile Photo

Sim Card and Cellphone Plan

by karisse Online Now Dec 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Where could I buy a simcard in beijing and if i would like to get a plan wherein I can access internet which service provider in beijing would be good?

5 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 9:06 PM