Beijing Travel Answers

change location

Hourly rate lounge / place to rest at Beijing International airport

by pchan88ca Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM

We will be arriving at Beijing international airport (T2) around 1 am (morning). Our tour guide can only pick us up from 9 am. We have around 8 hrs at the airport and plan to stay in the airport lounge.

Please advise:
a) Any airport lounge that we can rest/ take a bath at the airport at this time?
b) If the lounge inside or outside the immigration check point? If inside, can we pick up our luggage, check in lounge immediately? Then we pass through immigration after rest in lounge?
c) Otherwise is there any Suana or SPA that we can check in the city for rest?

Otherwise please let us know the best alternatives.
Thank you.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • moscoba's Profile Photo

Re: Hourly rate lounge / place to rest at Beijing International airport

by moscoba Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Check your airline website if they have a lounge in Beijing airport and you may be able to buy a pass, usually, it costs50-70 per person.

I just left Beijing for a three year work, and I know that there was no shower/bath in the airport, but business class lounge might have one. You cannot leave your luggage, you need to pass customs before you exit. Airport is at least 30 min to an hour to the city, depends on the traffic. You will be fine to do a bird bath in the bathroom. Fortunately, their bathroom in the airport now is cleaner than the City public bathrooms....be ready!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cal6060's Profile Photo

by cal6060 Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 1:52 AM

You can take a taxi to a hotel nearby the T2. You can book the hotel in advance thru www.elong.net

hotel.elong.net/search/list_...?

There are many inexpensive hotels nearby the T2.

Make sure you let elong or the hotel to know that you will check it late... otherwise they might cancel your booking.

Enjoy your trip! Beijing is great!

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Being left at the airport in Beijing is no fun. Internet is avail but the food is.....can't describe. Not awful, but not well and half of the places do not open until noon. I go to a cheap airport hotel myself and relax. Schedule a pick up when you arrive and free customs. Beijing airport is no fun.

cheers tommy x

• gdilieto's Profile Photo

by gdilieto Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 5:34 AM

There is a transit lounge in T3, basically an overpriced 1-star hotel with rooms rent by the hour, which is in my experience not worth the expense.

For an 8-hour layover I would definitely check-in at one of the airport hotels near the airport, there is a large choice in every quality and price range. Insure they have shuttle service and do not trust individuals fishing for customers in the arrival lounge.

• Re: Hourly rate lounge / place to rest at Beijing International airport

by peternh Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 11:53 AM

There are mini-hotels ('hourly lounges') with rooms for rent by the hour in each of the three terminals. The rooms are simple, and usually windowless, but good enough if all you intend to do is fall asleep. There are two in Terminal 2. Take the escalators nearest to the front of the building and keep descending until you reach the level with a food court and you'll find one at each end of the terminal. A twin room with bath is about ¥400 for eight hours.

There are full details, and some pictures, here:

en-shopping.bcia.com.cn/app/...

If you want a full-scale hotel, then perhaps the recently opened Langham or the Crowne Plaza (about 20 mins away). But in terms of value for money I'd choose the Ibis:

ibis.com/gb/hotel-7102-ibis-...">ibis.com/gb/hotel-7102-ibis-...

• iclee's Profile Photo

by iclee Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Wont recommended staying at the airport. Around 10pm, most shops close for the night and only vendo snacks are available. No in-airport hotel either.

Suggest that you take a cab for RMB100 to town (no traffic during your arrival time) and take an interim hotel. Lots of last minute deals available online.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines