Beijing Travel Answers

change location
SandiM's Profile Photo

Beijing and surroundings

by SandiM Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I'm no stranger to Beijing, I've visited twice and during those times have visited all the usual sites within the city (Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Cloud Temple etc etc) and outside the city (Badaling Great Wall, Mutianyu, Jinshanling although the weather was foggy and dense, and Simatai). I'm an amateur photographer and rabid about locating unusual scenic spots to photograph that westerners don't 'normally' see when they go to China so I can share them with local folks back here at home, share in the fantasy that is our real world. So now I'm wondering what else can I do in 1 day in/around Beijing? I have a local guide who will happily drive us anywhere we want to go in 1 day for a nominal fee and he's worth it. Where can I go in 1 day that will result in photographs of scenery that will have my local townsfolk enthralled? Like it just came out of a fantasy book. Throw one or two ideas at me, please, while I browse the pages here & my own guidebooks. The more mind-boggling the view, the better. FYI I am also visiting Huangshan's Xihai canyon, Cangyanshan although I need updated directions on getting there by bus from Shijiazhuang! and Jiexiu, 3 areas that already boggle my own mind when I see (rare) photos of them so they will likely boggle a few minds back home too! thanks!

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines