Beijing Travel Answers

change location
sugarpuff's Profile Photo

A bus to the Great Wall?

by sugarpuff Online Now Jan 19, 2004 at 8:13 PM

Hello all! If youve read my chinese page and the tourist trap page you will see that I have advised people NEVER to go on the No. 2 Travelling Bus to the Great Wall. I ahve a couple of friends arriving in Beijing tomorrow(21st) and I want to take them to the Badaling section of the wall. Is there a tourist bus which you can recommend? I would be really grateful.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Confucius's Profile Photo

A bus to Badaling?

by Confucius Online Now Jan 20, 2004 at 1:10 AM

Your friends would be really grateful if you took them to the Simatai or Mutianyu sections of the Great Wall instead of Badaling. However if you still want to go directly to Badaling then you can take bus #919 from Deshengmen which is located next to the Jishuitan subway station. A more comfortable option is tour bus #4 which has morning departures from Beijing Zoo.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vigi's Profile Photo

Re: A bus to Badaling?

by vigi Online Now Jan 20, 2004 at 8:19 PM

I took morning train to Badaling, fast & comfy, but it was many years ago, dunno if it still operate or not.

• DocBen's Profile Photo

Re: A bus to the Great Wall?

by DocBen Online Now Mar 15, 2004 at 11:14 PM

how about tourbus 1 then?? Read all about it and eh.. drben.net/TheChinaReporter/B... ?? Could you give the url of the page were you denounced Tourbus Nr 2?? I'm always in for a good laugh, and besides.. it seems vaguely relevant, hehehe.. Thanks in Advance! Doc Ben at http://beijingvirtualcity.com (the gargantuan project of)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines