Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Living tips

Oberhausen Nov 17, 2015 at 4:01 PM

I'm moving to an apartment in grenzstraße, right at Goebenstraße, I've heard a lot of bad things about the area, not being safe and dangerous and high crime rate and stuff, on the other hand, some people say it's not the best place to live, but not as bad as you hear. Since I've already signed the contract and can't get out of it (unless pay three months of rent :O) can I get a realistic review about the area? what to concern? what to worry about?

• Used SKI and Snowboards

Munich Yesterday

Where and how can I buy used SKI & Snobwoard Stuff near Munich? in Germany. I need bunch of stuff. like about a dozen of ski pairs and several snowboards and also a skiing equipment

• Restaurant reccommendation

Munich Nov 17, 2015 at 2:56 PM

I have 11 people coming to Munich for the 1st weekend of the Christmas markets. I need to find a restaurant for the Saturday night that could accommodate 12 ladies, either Thai, Vietnamese or Italian in Schwabing or in Sendling tor. I would like the restaurant to near the atmosphere of these areas and close to bars afterwards. Can anyone recommend a place that will take reservation got 12 person. Thanks

• Expo hannover 2000 africa stand pictures

Hannover Nov 12, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Hello people i was wondering if anyone has any pictures of expo 2000 african stand .

• DaveSamaroo's Profile Photo

Hotel Sorat vs Burghotel

Nürnberg Nov 5, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Dear Forum, we will be in Nuremberg for Christmas Market Dec 17th - 22nd, family of 5 with 3 kids 8, 10 and 13. We are trying to decide between Hotel Sorat and Burghotel. Both have great reviews. Hotel Sorat is closer to Xmas market and modern but offers only separate rooms while Burghotel offers 3 bedroom apartment living so everyone together.

Just wondering if anyone has hand-on experience with both to help break the deadlock. Thanks

• New Year in Lübeck

Lübeck Nov 3, 2015 at 4:09 AM

We're a "young" couple in our 50's and will be in Lübeck for the New Year.
      Has anyone got any tips for places where we could experience a typical local New Year, thanks, Andrew

Wir sind eine "junge" Paar in den 50ern und wird in Lübeck für das neue Jahr zu sein.
      Hat jemand irgendwelche Tipps für Orte, an denen wir eine typische New Year, danke, Andrew erleben

• shopping on Sunday

Mainz Nov 12, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Any chance the stores like DM or Rewe or Mueller would be open this Sunday November 15.
      I was told there are 4 Sundays in the year the stores are open.

• Would love to hear a few recommendations for Restaurants/Bars/Lounges in Berlin

Berlin Nov 4, 2015 at 2:50 PM

We are 3 guys in our mid 30's visiting Berlin for a conference at the end of this month. We are staying at the Arcotel Velvet on Orienburgerstrasse in Mitte. It seems to be a fairy central location with many restaurant and bar options close by and Hackescher Markt a short walk away. I was wondering if anyone could give any recommendations on where people around our age like to hang out in the evenings. Looking for popular spots with a good atmosphere that aren't "nightclubs" where we can eat, drink, and be merry :) Near our hotel is of course a bonus but we don't mind hopping on the U-Bahn for something worthwhile.

Also, are any of the Christmas markets geared more towards a younger crowd who's more there for the "gluhwein" so to speak? I see that the one at Alexanderplatz has what they call - Partyhaus vom Nikolaus. Would this be a good place to check out? Appreciate the help.

• lynclarke's Profile Photo

Free walking tours of Wurzburg

Würzburg Oct 28, 2015 at 12:40 AM

Last minute decision to go to Wurzburg this coming weekend. Are there any free walking tours? Do we need to book ahead?

• Tips for visiting "Neuschwanstein Castle"!

Munich Nov 23, 2015 at 4:56 AM

My husband and I will be visiting Marbach am Heckar on Dec. 3, 2015 and stay there for the night. We plan to leave the city in the afternoon of Dec. 4, 2015. Originally we plan to take the train from Marbach to Munich, trying to find a hotel near Marienplatz. Then we plan to join a day tour on Dec. 5, 2015 to visit Neuschwanstein Castle. We will be leaving Munich on Dec. 6, 2-015 and back to USA. I was just thinking whether we can take the train to the nearest hotel close Neuschwanstein Castle and stay there for the night. Then visit Neuschwanstein Castle for the morning and catch a train to get to Munich, Germany. Can any one suggest traveling ideas for our trip? Which way will be better to do? We don't speak German. If we rent a car, we are not familiar with the road and signs. So renting a car can be very challenging. Also, can you suggest what hotel to stay near "Neuschwanstein Castle" and hotels to stay in Munich, maybe close to Marienplatz? or good location that we can get a glimpse of Munich night life in the evening of Dec. 4 or Dec. 5, 2015?  Thank you in advance.   

• Pub crawl munich

Munich Nov 16, 2015 at 1:38 PM

We're interested in going for a pub crawl while in Munich in December. Can some one suggest some options pls? Cos I couldn't find a lot regarding this.

• student year abroad

Karlsruhe Nov 16, 2015 at 6:47 AM

hi i am thinking about my year abroad for university and was looking at karlsruhe. i was wondering what the student life was like there? would it be a good place to spend my year or should i look at regensburg

Trains from Munich to Salzburg

Munich Nov 3, 2015 at 6:51 AM

Hi we (family of 5, kids 8, 10 and 13) are planning a trip to Nuremberg in Dec and plan to take train to Salzburg as well. From my research I will have to take a train in Munich to get to Salzburg. One of my friends just came back from a trip to Salzburg and said "she heard" there are delays and over-crowding on German trains due to the migration issue.

Anyone had any experience with this to confirm or give a differing view?

Also is Nuremberg where there are the Xmas markets the same as Nurnberg? Nurnberg is what I am getting when searching for flights, not Nuremberg. Thanks in advance

• BE001903's Profile Photo

Suggestions 3 days Berlin (first time visit)

Berlin Oct 26, 2015 at 12:40 PM

First half Nov we'll be spending 3 days in Berlin, first time we're there. I've already booked us a visit in the Reichstag Dome. Apart from the Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Wall what are your 'must sees' for us Berlin novices? Would like to reserve an afternoon for a bit of shopping ;-).

• Help in planning for Munich and surrounding areas

Munich Nov 11, 2015 at 1:54 AM

I will be in Munich for 5 days in April 2016. I'll be traveling with my family (3 kids: 9 month,2yrs and 4 year old). Would love to see the surrounding of Bavarian Village/Countryside. My plan is to rent a car and drive. I wish to stay outskirt of Munich. Any area to stay for recommendation? My plan also if possible to include a day trip to either Salzburg or Innsbruck. I also hope to visit Ingolstadt Village Outlet , Allianz Arena & Neuschwanstein‎ Castle. Other than this I welcome any suggestions as long it is picturesque villages or routes which is along the way where I can stopby. Thank you in advance

• EmmaG80's Profile Photo

Can I get the S-Bahn from Wiesbaden directly to Frankfurt Main.

Wiesbaden Nov 5, 2015 at 1:44 AM

I am arriving in Frankfurt Hahns as I booked by Ryanair and had no idea that Frankfurt Hahn airport was actually no where near Frankfurt, Who would have thought! Unfortunately I have terrible anxiety when travelling on public transport or motorways or trains and will not be able to do 2 hours on a bus to Frankfurt, so I have researched my plan to get the shuttle bus to Mainz and the S-Bahn to Wiesbaden as there was not much choice of hotels left in Mainz so I will stay a night there then travel to frankfurt next day. I have booked a hotel in Sachsenhausen , Hotel Novum Primus, so if anyone has any advise on how to get there when I get off the train at Frankfurt would be a great help, also i noticed there is 3 stops for frankfurt, which one do i get off at? Thanks in advance from a very worried traveller!

Train Travel

Munich Nov 4, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Hi we are flying into Nuremberg for the Xmas markets and then one option is to travel by train from Nuremberg to Salzburg in Dec. There are 5 of us (with kids ages 8, 10 and 13) so at least 5 pieces of medium to large size luggage as you would check in a plane. Questions on this are:
      (a) What is the name or names of best trains to use from Germany to Austria.
      (b) is there anything like a family cabin or alternatively a first class section that can be booked
      © is there storage space for luggage on trains that would accomodate medium to large luggage. Overhead compartments will be too small
      (d) are there porters at stations to help with luggage as in an airport

If that does not look convenient or hassle-free I'll have to research flying! Thanks

• small pigs

Rüdesheim am Rhein Oct 31, 2015 at 10:56 AM

About five years ago I bought small pigs all different from a store that sold many items. They had a basket of the pigs by the cash register and told me they were mainly used for birthdays. The cost was about $1.00 us. The store sold wine & beer located near the entrance. Two of the pigs were lost & I am trying to replace them. Would you know the name of the store?

• Planning to visit Schiller NationalMuseum in Marbach, Germany. Which hotel should we book?

Marbach Nov 19, 2015 at 8:13 AM

Dear sirs:

My husband, Troy is a descendant of Friedrich von Schiller. Read more about it at

We have made a special trip to come to visit Schiller Nationalmuseum in Marbach. It seems to us there are no hotel in Marbach, Germany and we found your hotel names “Friedrich von Schiller”.

We are planning to take the train from Weimar to Marbach, Germany on Dec. 3, 2015, scheduling arrive at the train station about 7:30pm or 8:30 pm. We are going to Weimar first the day before.

We are going to catch a train to Munich on Dec. 4, 2015 in the afternoon about 3:00PM

I have done my research and find 2 hotels for now:

1. Romantik Hotel Friedrich von Schiller

Marktplatz 4+5, 74321 Bietigheim-Bissingen, Germany –

We like this one because it is named after my husband's multi-grandfather. It looks very nice but a bit pricy.

2. Hotel & Restaurant Goldener Pflug

Dorfstraße 2-6 , 71636 Ludwigsburg, Germany –

I think that this one is closer to the museum and price is better, including breakfast.

If you have experience, can you recommend?

1. What train station are they close to? Ludwigsburg? Bietigheim-Bissingen?

2. How far is the train station to the hotels? Can we walk? How should we get to you?

3. We have very limited time being there. We are concerned due to our very tight schedule, we probably should stay in Ludwigsburg or Marbach if there are hotels there. Can you recommend? What do you think?

4. How far are they from Schiller Nationalmuseum? Can we take train to get there?

5. How often is the train since we have to get back to the hotel to pick up our luggage to catch a train to Munich.

6. If we decide to rent a car at your hotel when we arrive and return the car in Munich, Germany. Is it possible?

Thank you very much.

In God We Trust!

Jesus’ Blessings,

Irene Anderson

• Safety situation in Berlin as on Nov/Dec 2015

Berlin Nov 17, 2015 at 3:15 PM

ello, I am planning trip to Berlin on 30th November with my GF. We are flying by Ryanair and flight tickets are already booked. But since the Paris attacks, there has been some rumours on Facebook about danger in the streets of Germany. I can not find anything connected with Berlin, but I am still a bit concerned about these informations going around. Can some local Berliner tell me about refugee/safety situation in the streets of Berlin right now? thanks in advance.

• Frankfurt to Stuttgart

Stuttgart Nov 21, 2015 at 11:11 PM

I am traveling to Stuttgart from Delhi. I am planning to take a direct flight from Delhi to Frankfurt and take a train from there to Stuttgart. It seems like I can catch a train from the Frankfurt Airport Station to Stuttgart HBF (DB Bahn, 20 EUR.) I am writing this to ask if it is as easy as it sounds or is there anything I need to keep in mind (For E.g: I will have some baggage - Around 30 Kgs so it wont be great idea if involves a lot of walking/taking pubic transport/if there is a baggage restriction on the trains)

• Munich in December 2015

Munich Oct 31, 2015 at 9:41 AM

Me and other 5 friends are travelling to Munich during the month of December for 7 days and we where planning some day trips to fill up our itinerary.
      We where planning to visit Berchtesgaden/ Eagle's Nest and while there also drop by to the Salt mines, do you think that's something doable in one day?
      Our second plan was to visit Rothenburg since we've heard it's quite a magnificent town. We've also been suggested to visit Regensburg/Mittenwald (Neuschwanstein Castle is out of the question since we've already been there).but we don't want to pack up our itinerary then miss the beauties of Munich.

What are your suggestions? Which places are worth a visit and how is the best/ cheapest way to travel to these locations, is it worth it to rent a car since we also need to travel from airport to Munich and back? We're big fans of Christmas markets and anything related to it so your suggestions would be mostly welcome :).