Beg-Meil Travel Answers

change location

Writer needs help

by Ms_Danae Online Now Jan 25, 2007 at 9:56 AM

I am writing a novel. One of my characters is a British scholar and he has a lovely villa in Brittany where he goes regularly and where he practices surfing. Beg Meil has the perfect name for obvious reasons in the novel. I assume that surfing is possible in Beg Meil and that the village has many “villas” that would suit my character very well. I would like to stay in the village for a weekend, somewhere quiet. My main purpose is to write a few pages in situ. Can you help?? I have a limited budget. Many thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • vmarjorie's Profile Photo

RE: Writer needs help

by vmarjorie Online Now Jan 26, 2007 at 1:27 PM

many villages near the Golfe du Morbihan have windsurfing/surfing facilities, most have villas (although not as chic as the ones near Dinard) and i guess any time before or after the summer holidays accomodation would be pretty cheap there. If you're looking for something a bit more upscale (where a lot of British people own villas, for instance !) i can also suggest Saint Cast le Guildo or St Jacut de la Mer, the former being a small town in the Cotes d'Armor, and the latter THE most adorable village in the Cotes d'Armor as well.
    hope that helps ! good luck !

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vmarjorie's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Writer needs help

by vmarjorie Online Now Jan 26, 2007 at 1:28 PM

i think i misunderstood your question ! i thought you were looking for another village to substitute Beg Meil.
    sorry about that. But do check out St Jacut and St Cast, they're worth it !

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines