Beg-Meil Travel Answers

change location
jenny2000's Profile Photo

any ideas

by jenny2000 Online Now Jan 27, 2005 at 1:17 AM

Hello there. I was wondering if anyone could help me as i am traveling to beg-meil in june and i was hoping for any ideas on local tourist attractions or events that may be going on ? i hear that this is a beautiful country x x

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • freya_heaven's Profile Photo

Re: any ideas

by freya_heaven Online Now Jan 27, 2005 at 8:05 AM

The Bretagne coastline is beautiful, there are some gorgeous beaches all around Beg Meil, especially at Fouesnent. Pont du Raz is Frances 2nd most westerly point & a great place to watch the sun set. Nearby Benodet is a nice little holiday town, with more great beaches. Concarneau is worth a visit too, it has a fortified walled town in the harbour, which is now full of quant shops & usually a street artist or 2. You can also get boat trips from here to some of the many Breton Islands. Pont L'Abby not far away has a chateau & monastery with visiting, the nearest large town is Quimper, again worth a visit, it has a nice cathedral & atmosphere in the old town. If you have transport further south of Beg Meil is Carnac with its famous standing stones & gorgeous places around that area like Auray, Vannes, Quiberon and the upmarket La Trinite with its impressive marina. Have a great time, We hope to return to this area again too this year. Nicola (~_~)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

Re: any ideas

by freya_heaven Online Now Jan 27, 2005 at 9:07 AM

I forgot to mention the impressive Chateau at Chateauneuf du Faou, about 20 miles inland. The main chateau was very badly damaged during the war but is gradually being restored. The stables have been completely restored & I think it was an art gallery when we visited virtualtourist.com/m/3357e/1... Link to Chateau photos, if your interested

• jenny2000's Profile Photo

Re: Re: any ideas

by jenny2000 Online Now Jan 27, 2005 at 12:35 PM

Thankyou Freya for taking time to respond to my beg-meil question. You have made my day as you have made it sound beautiful and i now can't wait to get there. I am going to book it tomorrow,hopefully there is still availability. Thankyou again for your help x

by freya_heaven Online Now Jan 27, 2005 at 12:42 PM

Your welcome, reliving my holidays by answering your question, has given me very itchy feet to get back there. lol! Have a great trip (~_~)

by jenny2000 Online Now Jan 27, 2005 at 1:00 PM

I will tell you about my travells when i get back and hopefully i would of learnt how to put digital photo's onto the computer. I havent been to many places but hopefully this one will be the one that i will never forget. Take care x

RE: RE: any ideas

by jenny2000 Online Now Jun 10, 2005 at 1:38 AM

HI FREYA.

I'M NOT SURE IF YOU STILL USE THIS FORUM BUT I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU KNEW WHAT THE WEATHER WAS LIKE IN BEG-MEIL AT THE MOMENT X X

by freya_heaven Online Now Jun 10, 2005 at 2:27 AM

Hi Jenny

I came across this site slb.com/weather/weather_deta... this is the forcast for Concarneau which isnt far from Beg Meil. Its looking good! When are you off?

We popped over in April, I feel the need to go again,lol!

Have a wonderful time
    Nicola
    (~_~)

by jenny2000 Online Now Jun 15, 2005 at 12:30 PM

THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR REPLYING TO ME AGAIN I HAVE JUST READ YOUR REPLY.
    WE GO ON SUNDAY (19TH JUNE,I'M GETTING REALLY EXCITED NOW.I'M ALL PACKED AND READY TO JUMP IN THE CAR AND GO.

I CAN'T GET ONTO THAT WEATHER SITE IT WON'T LET ME.I THINK IT MAY BE THUNDER STORMS DOWN THERE.JUST OUR LOOK EH X X X

by freya_heaven Online Now Jun 15, 2005 at 12:42 PM

Oh wow, only 4 days to go! Try this site brittany.angloinfo.com/weath...

(~_~)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines