Bedfordshire

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Nightlife in Eastbourne

Eastbourne Apr 16, 2014 at 3:09 PM

What are the options for best nightlife in eastbourne during easter weekend

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 4:01 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock

more
    • Separately booked flights - Checked bag collection

Heathrow Apr 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I have booked my flights separately (coming in and going out of LHR). Do I need to exit the transit area, means do I need go through immigration/customs just to collect my checked bags and board the next flight?
      Thank you for your help and time!

more
    • wimbledon-things to do?

Wimbledon Apr 16, 2014 at 3:27 PM

what is there do see or do if there is no tennis

more
    • Hotel & Airport Transport

Southampton Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock or on the hill

more
    • Rainbow Cottage MALTON

Malton 9 hours ago

Hi, My husband and I are planning a trip to UK and am wondering if anyone knows if Rainbow Cottage in Malton still exists. My grandmother was born there in 1897 and her brother was born in Norton.. We are travelling from Australia and will be our first visit to the UK. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Advice on Burslem, Please?

Stoke-upon-Trent Yesterday

Hi. It looks like I'm going to have to relocate from the East Midlands to Burslem and I really need the (sensible) advice of Stoke residents about a particular neighbourhood.

It's the Joseph Street/Billinge Street/Lyndhurst Street neighbourhood, on the north side of Newcastle Street.

Is it a bearable area to live in? Or does it have any sort of a reputation for stuff like antisocial student behaviour or any other kind of antisocial behaviour?

I must say it looks pretty seedy on Google Street View, but then that's Stoke for you, isn't it? It's an unpretentious, scuffed sort of post-industrial city and famous for it, but the folk who live there are supposed to be okay. Mind you, I appreciate that areas can change very swiftly indeed these days due to economic migration, so frankly I don't know what to assume about that particular neighbourhood.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks.

more
    • Diving Lundy

Clovelly Apr 18, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Hi,
      We are staying/diving on Lundy Island but picking a dive boat up from Clovelly.
      With heavy dive equipment we need to drop off dive & camping equipment to the boat & leave 2-3 cars in Clovelly.
      Could you please advise on dropping off equipment & 3 days parking close to the habour....!!!!!!

more
    • jbinllb's Profile Photo

Accommodations

London Apr 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Tossing around the idea of picking up a pair of tickets to the Monty Python show at the O2 in July, most probably on the 20th. My son (27) and I (57) would be attending together, and spending 4 or 5 days in London, arriving by air to either Heathrow or Gatwick. Looking for suggestions for accommodations - easy access from/to the airport would be nice, easy access to the O2 (tube okay) even better; room doesn't need to be 5 star, just clean and safe - hotel, hostel, b&b all okay. Thanks!

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Excell expedition centre

London Apr 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM

How do i get to the excell expedition centre in London,from victoria coach station,and how long roughly will it take me to get there

more
    • whats on in goathland

Goathland Apr 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM

is there anything special happening in goathland on 22nd june 2014 as im going on a coach trip there on that day

more
    • grand national 2014

Blackpool Mar 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM

looking to find a bus that will be running from blackpool to aintree on the 5th april for grand national day trip

more
    • MatteoT's Profile Photo

toxteth visit

Liverpool Apr 18, 2014 at 5:40 AM

hi everyone!
      My name's Matteo and i'm italian

i'll be in liverpool for my first time next week and in particular i'd like to visit ringo's childhood houses in madryn street and arnold grove. I'd like to take a bus (i think i have to take n° 82 from liverpool one to high park street in toxteth) and then walk through this area. But i read a lot of bad things about this area on the web, so i just want to ask you if take a walk through toxteth on saturday morning is a good idea or if i have to consider to take a cab. Thanks for your help.

more
    • how to get around on public transport

Newquay Apr 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

where are the best place's to see and how to get around on public transport thank you

more
    • Good (!) Indian restaurant

London Apr 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I was wondering where are the best spots to eat Indian food in London. I know about Brick Lane but is it really

more
    • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Harwich cruise logistics

London Apr 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I'm looking at the logistics for a Harwich - Copenhagen cruise. It's been some time since I've been in London, but never found the trains too difficult. Any suggestions my thoughts of staying a few days in London, then taking the train to Harwich in the AM to board the ship? Or would it be better to travel the day before and overnight in Harwich just to be on the safe side of the trip?

At the end I'm debating on taking Easyjet (or other) from Copenhagen back to London to attempt at some round trip savings on air fare from SAN in the US as opposed to two one-way trips. Thoughts from those that travel Europe frequently?

more
    • distance in miles

Manchester Mar 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM

how far is wythenshaw forum from piccadilly train station in miles in a taxi how much should it coszt

more
    • transportation & activities from cruise ship in port at Portland UK

Portland Mar 22, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Looking for recommendations for activities for 12 hours in port in early May. We have been to Stonehenge. Interested in Portland Museum, scenic views and walks. Is there a car rental agency or taxis to get around?

more
    • September Rugby

England Mar 22, 2014 at 2:40 AM

We'll be in England the last two weeks of September. We would like to watch rugby - are there any websites with schedules? Thank you.

more
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

holiday with 1-2 yr old

Cornwall Apr 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Dear all, a friend of mine from Germany just mentioned that she'd like to visit Cornwall this year. She worries it would be too stressful and expensive with the long journey and a little girl, about 18 months old. I'd like to reassure her, having had a brilliant time there last year in Penzance. But I guess much of what I enjoyed, including the sleeper train, wouldn't be so easy with a baby!! And they'd be travelling from Germany. So I thought I'd just try asking if anyone more clued up than me has any advice / recommendations? L

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

One day to spend - tips

Lake District National Park Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I am planning to travel from London by Train to Manchester. Then take rental car to Lake District. Then I wanted to spend till noon next day to make return journey. This means I will have almost full 24 hours to spend wisely. Please suggest me an itinerary.

more
    • how to make kids busy in southport?

Southport Apr 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM

i am planning three days in southport in may with my two wild kids. any suggestion to keep my kids busy and tied in southport apart from pleasureland.

more
    • local customs and traditions in bath

Somerset Apr 1, 2014 at 7:39 AM

what local customs and traditions does bath have

more
    • 10 am Flight Arrival May 2014 from US, Terminal 4

Heathrow Apr 1, 2014 at 3:13 AM

How long should be allowed for Immigration and Customs? What is the best transportation alternative from airport to SE1 with several pieces of luggage?

more

Popular Bedfordshire Travel Answer Locations

• bus times dunstable to luton

Luton Sep 5, 2013 at 8:57 AM

how long does it take on the 31 from dunstable to luton town centre

3 Answers Sep 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    • What to do at Luton airport

Luton Jul 12, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Hello,
      I will arrive to Luton airport in the morning and my flight from Luton is in the afternoon. I suppose I will have 6-7 hours in between.
      What do you suggest to do? Anything interesting at the airport? Maybe surrounding?
      Thank you for your help in advance,
      Nina

4 Answers Jul 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    • airport parking

Luton Jun 22, 2013 at 5:59 AM

how long to allow to park car in airparks to get to check in

5 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    • Nishk87's Profile Photo

Best Way to Get to Luton Airport

Luton Dec 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Hi VT-ers,

I've not been on here in absolutely ages, hope you're all well!

Can anyone help me with the question outlined in the title please? When I'm looking to book a train, it's asking me whether I'd like to go to the Luton Airport Parkway (and from there I presume I'd take a bus. How long is this bus journey?) or if I'd prefer to get a train straight to the airport. There is a price difference of about £10 between the two (the parkway being a cheaper option, even with the us fare on top) so I'm just wondering if there is any point in getting the more expensive option and getting a train that goes straight to the airport?

Thanks for all your help!
      Nishk

11 Answers Dec 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM
    • reasonably priced car parking.

Luton Apr 25, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Need car parking that doesn't cost the earth for October for 2 weeks. Any ideas. There are 5 of us.

3 Answers Apr 25, 2010 at 9:53 AM
    • A5 congestion - help please!

Luton Mar 6, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Hello all. I'm flying out of Luton for the first time next week, and need some advice about traffic congestion.

I'll be driving from the Travelodge at Hockcliffe to the car park at Slip End, to arrive at about 8.30am. My sat-nav says 10 miles and 20 minutes, but I hear bad things about congestion on the the A5 through Dunstable. Can't afford to miss my flight! So how much time should I allow for the journey?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks!

Simon

3 Answers Mar 7, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    • Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Taxi from Luton Airport to Stony Stratford Milton Keynes

Luton Feb 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM

M'luds & ladies

Myself and a colleague are flying to Luton Airport late on a Sunday late March- I understand a taxi to Stony Stratford in Milton Keynes is about £60+. We may be in time for a late bus to MK but that alone is £33 between us and still to get a cab to Stony Stratford.

Any suggestions, such as a non airport based hire cab company that may be less or are we stuck with £60 (and is that figure correct?)

thanks

Paul

2 Answers Feb 3, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Transport Luton Airport to Bedford

Bedfordshire Sep 30, 2009 at 8:11 AM

I will be visiting Bedford in December via Luton Airport. I have found transportation sites not user friendly. Could someone please let this simple OAP in plain language the easiest and or cheapest method of transporting myself from the airport terminal to Bedford city centre.

Many thanks to all in advance

3 Answers Sep 30, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    • Question about using Easybus from Luton Airport to Central London

Luton Jun 6, 2009 at 8:55 AM

hi there..

1. how many hours is the journey from Luton Airport to Central London by easybus?

2. the most expensive fare if without online booking is how much?

8 Answers Jun 6, 2009 at 11:45 AM
    • Where can i go to take picture for 1 day near Luton Airport? (Walking distance) Is it safe anytime?

Luton Jun 6, 2009 at 4:17 AM

hi there...

Where can i go to take picture for 1 day near Luton Airport? (Walking distance) Is it safe at anytime?

2 Answers Jun 6, 2009 at 4:47 AM
    • Can we keep our baggage at Luton Airport, how much i have to pay for that service?

Luton Jun 6, 2009 at 4:13 AM

hi there..

while waiting for ryan air flight, can i keep our baggage at Luton Airport, how much i have to pay for that service?

2 Answers Jun 6, 2009 at 4:21 AM
    • going from Luton Airport to St Pancras (King Cross) late at night

Luton Apr 9, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Hi! Can anyone help me? My Ryanair plane from Bergamo will land at Luton on next 15th April at 11:45 pm. I wonder if so late in the night I'll find the bus transfer from airport to Fcc (Thameslink) train station to St. Pancras. Is there any other cheaper way to reach St Pancras- King Cross at that time?
      Thanks! I'll appreciate each contribute.
      Gianma

9 Answers Apr 25, 2009 at 12:03 AM
    • Stansted -> Luton -> Northampton

Luton Nov 10, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Hello,

I would like to know how to get from Stansted to Luton airports. Also, how to get to Northampton from Luton Airport.

I will be travelling between airports at about 8am. Also, if you could quote the costs, it would be really helpful!

Thanks!
      Cheers,
      Mansi

2 Answers Nov 10, 2008 at 1:26 PM
    • Luton to Egham

Luton Sep 23, 2008 at 1:40 AM

What is the easiest way to go to Egham from Luton? Thank you!!!

1 Answer Sep 23, 2008 at 6:11 AM
    • xazy's Profile Photo

Cheap car parking near airport

Luton May 31, 2008 at 6:39 AM

I going abroad for 19 dayd from Luton airport and would like to park my car somewhere close to the airport. I have tried the current parking web sites like Airpak and others but found them expensive. Is there any small private parking company in vicinity of the airport? cheers. Xazy

2 Answers Jun 1, 2008 at 1:14 PM
    • Luton Airport to Osterley

Luton Dec 29, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Hi, I will be landing at Luton airport at 23:55 on a Friday. My final destination is Osterley (west london) If I get the train to St.Pancras at that time I will not make it in time to reach the last tube to Osterley. I dont mind taking buses etc, how can I do that pls?
      Thanks,
      Kenneth

• windcity's Profile Photo

Cheap Accommodation for one night

Luton Oct 30, 2007 at 6:03 AM

Hi,
      Please can you give me a recommendation for a cheap room for 2 persons for one night in Luton. In a pub would be good.
      Thanks

2 Answers Oct 30, 2007 at 3:24 PM
    • wombles's Profile Photo

Transport Cost - Luton Airport to Wimbledon

Luton Jul 18, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Hi, I've pretty much worked out how to get from Luton Airport to Wimbledon but am having problems with determining how much it is going to cost! Any help/directions appreciated.

3 Answers Jul 19, 2007 at 6:39 AM
    • MikeWoodbine's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Luton near Airport

Luton Aug 23, 2006 at 2:40 AM

We have an early morning flight out of Luton 6:30am and thought it best to stay the night at a hotel or B&B nearby.
      Any suggestions that are reasonable and how far to the airport are they?
      Is it difficult to get a taxis early in the morning.
      Thanks
      Mike & Jean
      Australia

2 Answers Aug 26, 2006 at 5:29 AM
    • mejlmi's Profile Photo

Arriving at airport 23.30, where stay?

Luton Feb 21, 2006 at 8:03 AM

Hello,

Me and a friend will go to London for a few days in march. We arrive with Ryanair late thursday night. On friday, saturday and sunday we will be around London and on monday go back to sweden from Luton. Where can we stay? Cheap but no dormes. How long does it take to go from Luton to central London? How much does it cost? Ticket for four days?

Happy for quick answers.

Thanks, Jessica

4 Answers Feb 21, 2006 at 10:28 AM
    • S2000Lee's Profile Photo

eating out in luton

Luton Feb 27, 2005 at 4:46 AM

Any ideas for eating out in luton? We visit our daughter occasionally while she is at uni there, and usually travel to a nearby village for lunch but would like to find somewehere with reasonable food in luton itself. daughter has no idea as being a student her budget doesnt stretch to meals out!

5 Answers Jul 19, 2008 at 12:41 PM
    • Toddington Services M1

Luton Dec 22, 2004 at 12:08 PM

Hi! Does anyone know where is it in Luton? Is it far away from the airport? How can I get from the place to the airport? O.

4 Answers Dec 24, 2004 at 2:46 AM
    • lou31's Profile Photo

Woburn Abbey

Bedfordshire Oct 20, 2004 at 8:24 AM

Hi, Can anyone tell me if Woburn Abbey is in Bedfordshire and if it is, how much is it to visit? Also how far is Woburn from London? Thanks..............Louise

3 Answers Oct 21, 2004 at 4:40 AM
    • stfan's Profile Photo

Express by Holiday inn?

Luton Oct 19, 2004 at 8:12 AM

Hey! It seems I am the only one posting in the this forum ;) But anyways, I will be staying at the Express by Holiday inn hotel next to the airport. Anyone stayed there? If so how is it? I dont really need anything else then a bed and a shower. Thanks :) Stefan

7 Answers Nov 8, 2004 at 3:44 PM
    • stfan's Profile Photo

What to do in Luton

Luton Oct 15, 2004 at 3:01 AM

Hi guys, its me again. Well my plan is ready and I guess I will stay in Luton for about a day. I will arrive probably at 16:00 (4 pm?) and leave the next day at 10 am. So, what to do? I dont have time to see any museums but what about some sights? Is it anything special to see, what do you recommand? And how big is this city, can I go everywhere on foot? Thanks guys! Stefan

39 Answers Jun 28, 2005 at 10:58 PM
    • stfan's Profile Photo

The London Luton Airport?

Luton Sep 21, 2004 at 6:13 AM

Hey guys, I need your help. I am flying with easyJet to Geneva from the London Luton Airport. But the thing is that I will fly from Iceland to Stanstead airport. I have couple of questions I hope you can answer them for me: How will I go between the two airports? Are there trains going or..? How long time will it take to travel between them? How big is the airport, is it growded or is it small? Is there anything to do there, any restaurants or shops? Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! :) Stefano

3 Answers Sep 21, 2004 at 9:34 AM