Travel Answers
Bedford

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travelling from Gaspe to Bathurst in New Brunswick via Bus ?

Gaspé 12 hours ago

Hi,
      I am travelling to Gaspe airport (YGP) from Toronto (YYZ) via Air Canada. Once I reach Gaspe I intend to travel in a rental car to New Brunswick, PEI, Cape Breton. The whole trip is around 10 days long.
      I checked with the rental car companies and the province of Quebec has per Km pricing and no kms are free.
      Hence I need to move out of Quebec and then rent a car preferably in the province of New Brunswick (Bathurst or Moncton) for the entire trip.
      Can some one please help me in this regard. How do i travel out of Gaspe via a Bus or any other means to Bathurst in New Brunswick ?
      Moreover if someone knows of any rental agency in Gaspe, QC that charges just like in the province of Ontario pls do let me know ?

more
    • Fishing near Mt Kidd campground

Kananaskis Lakes Jun 21, 2015 at 9:50 AM

The family is heading out this summer camping. We have fished Lorette ponds but that is crazy. Too many people and too few fish. I heard there is a pond or lake that has Char. Can anyone confirm this? And what lures are you using? My 6 and 8 year olds would love to catch something on this trip. Thanks Ed

more
    • FLOWER GARDENS

Matane Jun 23, 2015 at 9:10 AM

What is the best month to visit the gardens in Matane

more
    • getting from Montreal to Quebec

Quebec Jun 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM

We have a group of 10. Is it possible and if so how would one go about finding a large van or small bus to get out group to Quebec City from Montreal?

more
    • Flight from Port Hope Simpson to St. John's, NL

Port Hope Simpson Jun 18, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Is there a direct flight from Port Hope Simpson to St. John's, NL

more
    • Hotel tips

Vancouver Jul 4, 2015 at 11:54 AM

looking for reasonably priced hotels in the cruise port area of Vancouver BC?

more
    • mvp2ny's Profile Photo

Things to do in Toronto

Toronto Jun 12, 2015 at 5:07 AM

Hi all,

Visiting Toronto and will have a day with a rental. Also looking for a budget friendly motel/hotel not too far from the airport. Would like to visit the space needle and also any markets that I can get souvenirs. $100 us dollars is enough for the day? How is parking and traffic in Toronto streets? How is nightlife for single guy in GTA?

Thank you guys/gals.

more
    • SamiZaman's Profile Photo

what to pack,where to visit & must know things for a traveller

Quebec Jun 19, 2015 at 1:53 PM

me and my wife coming to quebec city for 6days on 25June to 01July. My wife has an conference to attend at City Convention Centre. I need some advice on what to pack(clothes) , where to visit & also must know things for better travel experience. Thank U in advance.

more
    • SamiZaman's Profile Photo

booking a Hotel room with shared bathroom

Quebec Jun 20, 2015 at 11:37 PM

Can anyone tell me regarding hotel rooms with shared bathroom option? actually what they mean by shared bathroom?? i am confuse. plz help. Thank You in advance

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Day trips from montreal

Montreal Jun 17, 2015 at 9:12 PM

Just left Quebec. City. Going to Montreal , we love those small villages with shops and resturants.... We have car, I heard the laurentions are beautiful ....all help is needed.....thanks

more
    • Tipping in Quebec City

Province of Quebec Jun 12, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Is it customary to tip wait staff in restaurants 18 to 20% as in the US? Also, how much for taxi drivers, etc.? Thank you!

more
    • j0ng's Profile Photo

What's the best way to travel across Canada?

Canada Jun 25, 2015 at 9:10 AM

I'm planning a cross Canada trip for the summer of 2016. We're a family of 5, with children who will be between 16 and 20 next summer. The outline of the plan is to start in Vancouver, and progress leisurely eastward over a period of 1 - 2 months. These plans are preliminary, I'm open to suggestions!

The ideas I've had for transportation so far are:

1. Renting an RV
      2. Renting a car and staying in motels
      3. Mixing it up between methods of transportation (planes, trains and automobiles...)

I'd like to have the leisure to stop for a few days when we come across a nice place. I already have in mind Vancouver Island, the Rockies, one or two Great Lake beaches and Niagara. It seems an RV would be the most suitable for this requirement, but I'm open to other ideas.

Does anyone have experience or advice that I could benefit from? This could include:

1. Method of transportation
      2. Places we must visit

Thanks for any help!

Jonathan

more
    • Trip around North America

Vancouver Jun 29, 2015 at 6:24 AM

I am taking a trip of about 4-5 weeks in July-August, with my wife. I will be driving from Florida to San Diego, Vancouver, Montreal and back to Florida. We will be tenting in Federal and State/Provincial campgrounds mostly, with a mix of motels and cabins, friends and family.

In 1976 we did a similar trip from Montreal to San Francisco, Mexico City, Houston and back with our three children and in 1978 we did another another one again from Montreal to Los Angeles, El Paso and back. Our visiting the Northwest has been postponed until now. I have had my fair share of traveling, but most of it was done prior to the internet and its wonderful opportunities to learn and communicate.

I would appreciate suggestions on how to publish a log of the trip while making it, what campgrounds to take, "don't miss" nearby locations and any other comments that may be applicable.

I have posted a map to my Google Drive, but don't know how to make it available here for comments and suggestions.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with me.

more