Beckum

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• rozenburg Ferry - Mercedes Sprinter 313CDI

Rozenburg Jun 22, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Hi, anyone know whether the rozenburg ferry accepts vans as big as mercedes Sprinter 313CDI?
      Please let me know. From what i know the ferry is active every 10-20 minutes or so...

Thanks

more
    • Expatriate in Middelburg finding for a sportclub

Middelburg 5 hours ago

Hello everyone, I'm Tien,a Vietnamese girl, 23 years old, i ve been to Holland for 2 times and this coming September I will be there for the 3rd time for 3 months. I come here to visit my boyfriend but since he is too busy from work, my time in Middelburg was pretty boring, I'm holding a tourist visa so i couldnt go to work or school... And I dont have any chance to make friends with the locals . This coming time I prepair for myself some Dutch, and I really hope i can build a social life in Middelburg by joining a sportclub, Im not good at any specific sport but I am keen to learn and I am pretty outgoing. So if you have any advice, experience about any sport club in the area , please help me out. Im trying my best to get in to the community and start a new life in Middelburg! Any comments are more than appreciated. Thank you for reading the post.
      I wish you all the best!

more
    • Open air markets

Roermond Yesterday

I was in Amsterdam a few days back and chanced upon the lovely Albert Cuyp market where there were very nice fresh fish and seafood on sale there (pictured). I was wondering if there's a open air market similar in Roermond or Maastricht? I would like to buy fresh fish and seafood! Thanks! :)

more
    • Open markets

Venlo Yesterday

I was in Amsterdam a few days back and chanced upon the lovely Albert Cuyp market where there were very nice fresh fish and seafood on sale there (pictured). I was wondering if there's a open air market similar in Venlo? I would like to buy fresh fish and seafood! Thanks! :)

more
    • places to visit

Sneek Jun 27, 2015 at 1:46 PM

what are the interesting places in and around sneek that can be seen on foot?

more
    • [Wadden Islands] Texel - Vlieland - Terschelling by ferry+ bike in one day?

Netherlands Jun 24, 2015 at 5:33 AM

Hello

If someone knows those islands, I was wondering how realistic it is to 1) take the first ferry in the morning to go from the mainland to Texel, then 2) take ferries to hop to Vlieland and Terschelling, 3) take the last ferry back to the mainland at Harlingen, and then 4) catch a train to Groningen.

I'll have a (folding) bike with me.

openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.5...

Thank you.

more
    • melhiker's Profile Photo

Need advice on hostels in Amsterdam

Amsterdam Jul 4, 2015 at 10:05 AM

I will be visiting Amsterdam as a solo female traveler in October. I've heard the hostels are very noisy and not safe. Any advice on a nice hostel without all night party's and drug use?

more
    • Amsterdam to Duinrell

Amsterdam Jul 4, 2015 at 4:33 AM

We arrive (family of 5) in Zeeburg P&R coach park at Zuiderzeeweg at 6.30pm on saturday 8th august.What is the best way to get from here in Amsterdam to Duinrell.
      Am I better just getting a taxi or is there a cheaper alternative ?
      Thanks
      Pat

more
    • Amersfoort eat and drink

Amersfoort Jul 1, 2015 at 6:43 AM

Hi all, hoping to take the wife on our first visit to Netherlands (August), staying in centre of Amersfoort. Really looking for best places and things to do daily. But as we both enjoy a real ale and good food in the evenings all suggestions would be gratefully received, cheers in advance.

more
    • where to purchase online in Den Helder?

Den Helder Jun 28, 2015 at 2:41 AM

I am in South Africa and want to buy an android tablet, online, for my grand daughter who lives in Den Helder. An Asus or similar make as she is only turning 11 years old next month. Can anyone recommend a specific store which has online purchasing facilities? Thank you - Sharon

more
    • Groningen, Drenthe, Friesland, Noord-Holland, Gelderland

Netherlands Jun 21, 2015 at 5:53 PM

In late July-early August, I will be driving from Kolding, Denmark, to Antwerp, Belgium, and back. I'd like to do it in a leisurely fashion, taking a couple of days each way. My preferences are for villages, towns, and smaller cities, pleasant scenery, interesting museums, good restaurants. I've visited Amsterdam, Utrecht, Delft, and Den Haag repeatedly, but I'd like to see more of the surrounding country. I don't know 's-Hertogen-Bosch, Nijmegen, Deventer, or Arnhem. Been to Eindhoven and don't need to return. Thoughts from natives or other travelers? Nederlands spreek ik. Deutsch spreche ich auch. So non-touristy places are fine.

more
    • Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo

Travel / transport card options for Amsterdam for 4 nights?

Amsterdam Jun 14, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Hello,

We are arriving at the international airport in Amsterdam on 10 October, and will need to catch a train to our accommodation, and we are departing by train for Köln Germany on 14 October.

Is there a travel card for use on trains and buses that you recommend for travel in and around Amsterdam, for our 4 night stay, that we should or can buy upon arrival at the airport?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Borte

more
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

3 nights 2 days

Amsterdam Jun 10, 2015 at 1:42 AM

we are going to Amsterdam for 3 nights in July . Please advise the best places to visit .. How we get the passes or ticket without a long Q. From were we can buy the tickets or passes??

more

Border crossing from Amsterdam to Colon ( Holland to Germany)

Amsterdam Jun 21, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Me and Borte will try to get a bus or train to cross the German border in Colon from Amsterdam any one here done that any tips?

Chinggis K

more
    • Vegetables available in local markets

Eindhoven Jun 10, 2015 at 9:15 PM

What vegetables do we get there? Do we get all the vegetables which we find in India? Like Egg plants, bottle gourd, bitter gourd and snake gourd?

more
    • Hotel price

Amsterdam Jul 4, 2015 at 12:02 PM

What is the cheapest/best hotel in amsterdam?

more
    • melhiker's Profile Photo

Need advice on places to visit and places to avoid

Amsterdam 8 hours ago

I will be visiting Amsterdam in October, 2015 as a solo woman traveler for six days. I want to use the water taxis and would appreciate how they work.
      I'm also curious as to how safe Amsterdam is for a woman traveling alone.
      Thanks.

more
    • Euregio day ticket

Vaals Jun 29, 2015 at 9:49 AM

hi

Can I buy a ticket in Eupen and use it all day on trains and buses as far as the lux border?

Once I reach lux I know I can buy a 4 euro day ticket

more
    • Mosquitos July 2015

Amsterdam Jun 28, 2015 at 2:31 PM

I'm arriving in Amsterdam in two weeks. I am very allergic to mosquito bites. Is there any concern?

I have already left home and travelling. IWhat mosquito repellant should I purchase to protect myself? I don't have any known allergies.

more
    • weather/rain in november/end of october - amsterdam/budapest

Amsterdam Jun 10, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Anyone have any advice on weather for this time of year, both temperature and rain? Clothes to bring? Considering Viking Amsterdam to Budapest staring 3rd week of October. Heard that Amsterdam can be rainy/windy in November. Advice much appreciated. Thanks!

more
    • alemap33's Profile Photo

Limited time layover

Amsterdam Jun 30, 2015 at 9:35 AM

8 of us have an 8 1/2 hour lay over ( our choice) . I have read that we can take a train from the airport to the center of Amsterdam also that there are lockers we can put excess baggage in. My question is; is this a reliable way to do this? The group would like to go to the Anne Frank museum. But in reading it looks like lines can be 4 hours to get in. Is there away to eliminate lines? Are there better canal cruises then others? Is there an inexpensive way to have someone take us around? ( just a thought)

more

Couple of Questions about Amsterdam

Amsterdam Jun 16, 2015 at 5:52 AM

Dear Vters and friends I got :)

couple of questions with regards to our on coming trip to Amsterdam with my partner Borte:

1. Cost of ticket to watch Andre Reui and his orchestra and where to buy .
      2. The best place to buy original Dutch made cheese.
      3. Where to see Vincent Van Gogh house and his painting.
      4. Where's the best place to see wind mills in Amsterdam.
      5. A fine restaurant for authentic Dutch menus.

Me and Borte are arriving the beautiful town of Amsterdam via Singapore Airline on 9th of Oct 2015. for few days.
      before crossing the border to Colon, Germany and other beautiful German towns. It will be a 6 weeks European holidays for both of us then Warsaw and Krakow Poland before flying to Munich to say good bye to the magnificent country of Germany. Appreciate your kind tips.

Chinggis K

more
    • First Time Flyer

Schiphol Jun 11, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Hi... I've joined this site in a desperate attempt to get some information before I travel alone for the first time in August! I'm travelling to Detroit, through Sciphol, and I'm very nervous about it after hearing that it's such a huge airport. How will I know where to go, how do I know where my next gate is and how to find it? I've read about schengen and non schengen areas but don't know what this means in relation to security checks etc for me! It's all very stressful, please help!

more