change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Restaurant Supplier

Nice Jul 27, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Hi All,
      Back to Nice for three months at the end of December. I was wondering if anyone had occassion to shop at a restaurant supply store in Nice?
      I am looking to buy older style carbon steel kitchen knives rather than high carbon stainless steel.
      Thank you,
      Ephraim

more
    • permission to rent a pitch at josselin market

Josselin Jul 26, 2015 at 7:54 AM

how can i get a permit to join the josselin market

more
    • chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

Walk from Les Baumettes to Calanque de Sormiou

Marseille Jul 7, 2015 at 5:49 AM

Can anyone tell me if there is an obvious walking path from where the number 22 bus drops you in Les Baumettes down to Calanque de Sormiou? The path I can see on Google maps looks obvious enough but, although we are fit enough to pick our way over rough terrain, we don't want to guess our route down and up again. We will be on foot but I read in information that, in the summer months, people have to walk some distance from car parks down to this area anyway. (I think this is pertains to the road from the other direction) Any first hand information out there?

more
    • Bastia to Cateri

Corsica Jul 30, 2015 at 6:16 AM

Any ideas for places to visit by car on this journey?

more
    • Taxis at Juan les pins train station?

Juan-les-Pins Jul 23, 2015 at 1:14 PM

are there local taxis at the station in juan les pins ?I am arriving from Nice, but cannot carry luggage to my hotel (hotel strelitzias).Or perhaps a telephone number for reliable local taxi service? Many thanks

Michelle.

more
    • ferry_can you take your bike?

Boulogne-sur-Mer Jul 16, 2015 at 3:56 AM

Is it possible to take your bicycle on the ferry from Boulonge-sur-mer to England ?

more
    • Currency or cashpoint

Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Jul 9, 2015 at 8:58 PM

Hi there,

I am taking my family to Chamonix for the first time but not sure which currency I should be using or whether or not to take cash? Please advise.
      Regards Maria

more
    • rmsg1228's Profile Photo

a vegetarian in Paris

Paris 11 hours ago

Hello VT'ers!

We are travelling to Paris this November... I am vegetarian and have travelled many places and have always been ok, never starved. My husband's friend mentioned that in Paris they are not very flexible with menu items. In other words, if a pasta came with meat in it, they could not simply leave out the meat. I do eat dairy (bring on the cheese!)- but no beef chicken or meat. I figure I will have bread, cheese & wine at the very least, how bad can it be. But I am travelling with my husband and 2 others who are meat eaters. I have pretty much always been vegetarian (since I was 10 years old) so eating these things are out of the question, it would make me very sick at this point.

Any tips on how to handle being vegetarian at a restaurant? Any restaurant recommendations?

Thanks!
      Renee

more
    • TarekG's Profile Photo

Lac de Saint Croix

France Yesterday

Hello,

I will be in Nice by Myself with 2 friends from 3rd of august to 9th of august. we are planning to visit Lac de Saint Croix in Gorges du Verdon but we don't think of renting car , is there any option to go there to the lake ?

We found out that there is a bus to Castellana but it's long way from there to the lake we want to go, Is there any mean of transportation we can take to reach there?

Thank you :)

more
    • travel from nimes to arles and back in a day

Arles Jul 30, 2015 at 10:46 AM

we are staying in Sommieries about an hour west of Nimes, but really want to go to the " La Camargue aux Arènes 2015 " in arles which starts at 5.30pm. I am having trouble finding the bus and train times to get back from Arles via Nimes and on to Sommierries in the late evening. Anyone help please? thank you

more
    • Porto-Vecchio - need info please

Porto-Vecchio Jul 29, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Hello everyone,

I am thinking of heading to the south of Corsica but there really isn't much information on the web.

We are 3 late-twenty/early 30s something girls and are looking for a lively town with quite a few things to do.

any tips? Which is better - Bonifacio or Porto-Vecchio?

more
    • beach fishing?

Boulogne-sur-Mer Jul 26, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Hello! We were wondering if there are any good places for a spot of beach fishing? We are planning to visit in summer, and fancied a bit of spinning for Bass or Mackerel. I have studied the satellite maps, and we are happy to go anywhere from Dunkirk down as we will be driving. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Sarah

more
    • Late transport from Nice airport to Antibes?

Antibes Jul 21, 2015 at 4:03 AM

Hi, we arrive at Nice airport at 9:15 pm on a Friday in August. By the time we have picked up our bags will there be any public transport to Antibes? If not are there other options and what would they cost? Thanks in advance Ian & Ana

more
    • ferry_can you take your bike?

Boulogne-sur-Mer Jul 16, 2015 at 3:56 AM

Is it possible to take your bicycle on the ferry from Boulonge-sur-mer to England ?

more
    • Luggage storage in Annecy

Annecy Jul 13, 2015 at 9:39 PM

I will have a day trip to Annecy. I have heard that there is no locker in the train station.
      Where can I store my luggage? Any suggestions?
      Thanks!
      Amy

more
    • Going to Metzingen

Strasbourg Jul 9, 2015 at 5:37 AM

I'm currently staying in Strasbourg and I'd like to go to the Outlets in Metzingen to profit from the summer sales. I don't have a car though so I'd like to know which is the best way to get there for like a day and then come back.
      With a quick google search I found this company (http://shopping-shuttle.eu/) that seems to do something similar to what I want but I don't know if people can advise me, or tell me if they know this Shopping Shuttle

more
    • Transfer by taxi from Bastia Airport to Port Bonefacio

Corsica Jul 9, 2015 at 1:54 AM

Does someone know what the costs are for a taxi from Bastia Airport to Port Bonefacio?

more
    • silentfish193350's Profile Photo

Nano simcards in France

France Jul 8, 2015 at 6:50 AM

I need information/advice on how best to select a nano sim card for two weeks of use in France this Summer (2015). It must be both voice and data sim card. Thank you.

more
    • Directions from Antibes station into town

Antibes Jul 29, 2015 at 7:15 AM

What is the easiest route into Antibes Town from the rail station

more
    • Unique Places

France Jul 26, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Hi,
      We are planning a 7 day driving trip from Barcelona to Oradour-sur-Glane, in west-central France.
      I'm not asking for an itinerary just some ideas of what other interesting unique points of interest that may be in the area.
      I'm not so much into wine tasting, shopping or other typical tourist sites,these can be found in any travel guide.My interests are more towards historical,abandoned,ruins and relics of the past.Any suggestions would be most helpful.
      Thanks..
      Richard.

more
    • Apartment in Fabron

Nice Jul 26, 2015 at 5:27 AM

I am thinking about booking an apartment in the Fabron district and wondered what the public bus service was like; which bus will take me to the town centre and how long will it take? If I want to travel to Cannes or Monte Carlo should I take the train or the bus ? If I use the bus where do I get on in Nice? Any information would be much appreciated.

more
    • Lyon Airport to Cluny

Cluny Jul 11, 2015 at 2:25 PM

What is the best way to get to Cluny (Hotel Odilon) from Lyon airport please? We arrive about 17.15.
      Many thanks
      MCW

more
    • Climate in August?

Alsace Jul 9, 2015 at 8:37 AM

Hi,

We'll be in France in mid to late August. Will it be very hot, or is it generally cooler in the wine route areas?

Thanks very much.

Cathy

more
    • Where to stay

Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Jul 9, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Our daughter is performing in the Grimaldi Forum in November and so we want to come to stay for the weekend and watch her. The question is, with a tight budget, do we find a cheap hotel in Monaco, or go to somewhere nearby, like Roquebrune? Any recommendations? Just for me and my husband, 1 night. Thanks.

more
    • MSM and WW2 Normandy Beaches -One base or two?

France Jul 6, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Apologies if this question has been asked (in some form) a thousand or so times already.
      Just fantasizing about a 9 day trip to France late September. DEFINITELY want to see Mt St Michel and full day at the WW2 sites. We would take train from Paris and pick up a car at most convenient suggested location.
      FULL DISCLOSURE: I have a tendency to underestimate distances and, as a result, end up on endless - albeit often enjoyable - drives. Is it practical to keep one base between MSM and the Normandy beaches without subjecting my wife to 4 hours in the car? also, I HATE tolls roads.

We would budget 4 or 5 nights in the West and the rest in Paris (with, likely, Paris at the end of our stay).
      Any suggestions, guidance or opinions solicited (and appreciated, in advance).

more
    • Szym's Profile Photo

travel info

by Szym Online Now Jan 24, 2015 at 8:09 PM

Hi!
      Heading from Paris to Beauvais in June this Year, am interested in finding out has anyone had
      experience with leaving baggage for a duration of few hours while enjoying the city itself, as well as the
      degree of difficulty in catching a taxi to the airport.

1 Answer Jan 25, 2015 at 5:55 AM
    • Beauvais for a two night break

by FionaO Online Now Jan 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM

is beauvais nice for a mid week break for a couple? Also,where would you recommend to eat and stay, or is there another town/village that we could take a train to.

Thanks

4 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 2:28 AM
    • exploring countryside

by jasmin1519 Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Hi am travelling with another lady to Paris in a week. have decided to be adventurous rent a car and leave the city on a 4 day trip to Chantilly for the races 13-16th have booked some of the accommodation but just wondering if we should make some detours and where else we should explore nearby
      regards glenda

1 Answer Jun 2, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    • Taxi Or Bus To Disney

by peterbyrne7 Online Now Apr 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Hi i'm looking for a bus to fit 9 people from beauvais airport to disneyland paris on the 21/5/2012 at 9am and return on the 24/4/2012 at 6pm..... or 2 taxi's that would bring us there would be a 5 people family 2 adults 2 kids and 1 infant in i taxi... and 4 people in the other 2 adults i child and 1 infant......

I'm looking a good price and will consider anything

Thank you for reading...

7 Answers Apr 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM
    • iaint's Profile Photo

airport car rental

by iaint Online Now May 27, 2009 at 5:17 AM

I have to rent a car at Beauvais airport next month - just for 24 hours.

I can do it with Hertz (through my Ryanair flight booking) or one of the other providers at Beauvais.

Any positive or negative experiences out there?

I know about the rip offs for personal insurance and claims excess, and I assume all the companies play the same silly games. I also know to book in advance, as it's a small facility.

1 Answer May 27, 2009 at 2:02 PM