Beaufort Travel Answers

change location

Relocating-Moving to Beaufort

by RosanaRose Online Now Aug 13, 2006 at 3:42 PM

I'm coming from New York, I'm moving to Beaufort, SC with my two daughters because of work.
I know already that is going to be a huge change for us and I'm a little concern about this but I'm confident that we'll be happy there.
Any advice? comments?is it nice to live there?
I don't have a clue.
HELP!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Relocating-Moving to Beaufort

by sej1 Online Now Aug 13, 2006 at 4:04 PM

I don't live there, but I have passed through, and it's a picturesque, historic town from what I recall. Some movies have even been filmed there. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Relocating-Moving to Beaufort

by FrankBSC Online Now Aug 15, 2006 at 10:46 AM

I live in Columbia which is about 2 1/2 hours from Beaufort. It is Pat Conroy's home. It is an historic area and Beaufort County is one of the fastest growing counties in SC. Hilton Head Island and Sun City are better-known and very different. Hilton Head is a resort community. Sun City is a new development for seniors like others around the country.

Beaufort is across the water from Fripp Island which is one of the nicer beach locations in a state that is known for its beaches.

You will find life much slower here than in Hew York if you are coming from the City, but I think you will come to appreciate its beauty and history.

• RE: RE: Relocating-Moving to Beaufort

by FrankBSC Online Now Aug 15, 2006 at 10:48 AM

Sorry, I didn't make it clear that Hilton Head Island and Sun City are also in Beaufort County.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines