change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• abbasathar's Profile Photo

Hermitage and Catherine Palace

Saint Petersburg Sep 17, 2015 at 5:26 AM

I and my wife shall be in Saint Petersburg for two days on 22nd and 23rd Sept 2015.(i.e. next Tuesday and Wednesday). I understand we have no choice but to visit Hermitage on Tuesday and Catherine Palace on Wednesday. Please advice whether we should book online and travel or our own or take a conducted tour which appears pretty costly. We don't actually need a Guide as audio guides are sufficient and available in both places.We are unable to judge the crowd pressure in these two paces on these days and definitely do not want to miss this opportunity. Also I have only the 1pm on wards slot available on Tuesday for the Hermitage!

• student trip (nurses) to St. Petersburg

Saint Petersburg Sep 20, 2015 at 9:30 AM

We are a group around 50 Norwegian nursing students who wants to have a trip to St Petersburg next year. We are planning 6 nights there, with 3-4 days of studying. I therefore wonder if anyone know about relevant museums, organisations (within health/socialcare), suggestions for people who can teach us something relevant for nurses or for example about the RussianĀ“s health care system. Please give me contact information if you have or a link.

Nursing students

Lenin Mausoleum

Moscow Sep 13, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Is it Open on Sundays?

Red Square and Kremlin Area

Moscow Sep 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM

I am a little confused as to how to best utilize my time in the Red Square Kremlin area. I gather the must see places there are

1. St. Basil Church
      2. Lenin mausoleum
      3. Kremlin Armoury
      4. Diamond Fund
      5. Bell Tower
      6. Alexandria Garden
      7. State Historical Museum

Can all be covered in one day?. Any suggestions since it appears to be a pretty large area. Also tips on purchase of entry tickets.It shall be a weekend.

Best Currency

Moscow Sep 10, 2015 at 6:01 AM

Which currency is best to carry in Russia?
      Please mention areas where credit or debit cards may not be accepted. Also which is best place to exchange money?

• amjadsher's Profile Photo

A Pakistani Tourist

Kaliningrad Sep 30, 2015 at 3:21 AM

Hi all
      Hope you having good time
      I'm planning to visit Kaliningrad this November (2015) as Its the only time off for me from my office for a week. one of my colleagues adores kaliningrad a lot compelled me to visit. but I have few questions anyone here would answer?
      1) I'm an asian/Pakistani Brown skin guy, and honestly I ve been to many places around the world and found it bit weird to be in such place where people around you all are from a total different background stares you that annoy you and you do not enjoy your days off. so how's the local behavior towards brown skininned, single tourist on his own? (I'm really sorry if that sound offensive)
      I'm not a beach/club/pub/party kinda guy, rather trekking, landscapes, mountains, hiking alone, and discovering borders. So would it be easy to walk/trek alone in forests, mountains, fields, and wandering around the border area? having in mind that there are restricted areas for tourists. But I'd really love to visit and capture some snaps with the tri-point (lithuania-poland-and russia border.
      Thank you all in advance

Metro Rail

Moscow Sep 6, 2015 at 5:49 AM

I understand that most of the signs on Moscow Metro are in Russian. What is the best way to go around for a person who speaks and understand only English?

• AjayG's Profile Photo

Do I need to show 1 lakh Indian Rupees in my bank account for Russian Visa?

Russia Sep 5, 2015 at 9:34 PM

I am planning to go to Russia soon. I am an Indian and live in India. I visited Singapore last year for a month. My travel agency told me that I need to show 1 lakh Indian Rupees in my bank, do you think she is lying or telling the truth? I think she is lying.
      Please let me know, whosoever knows about it.

• Travel in Siberia

by Artemisa Online Now May 26, 2004 at 3:51 PM

I am going to travel from St. Petersbourg to Irkoutsk with a camping car uni-mog. We plan to make it in two weeks. Is there any body who has done something similar? Is it really hard? What are the difficulties? Thanks to answer me.

3 Answers May 28, 2004 at 9:58 PM