change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• BillyA12's Profile Photo

transportation

by BillyA12 Online Now Mar 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Is it possible take cab or bus to to STE Merle Eglise and UTah from Bayeux. I am doing a tour afternoon of omaha I am getting there early like to see these sights on my own

more
    • DDay souvenir

by gillila Online Now Yesterday

i was in a small shop in Bayeux and purchased a little glass jar with a cork lid. It had a metal plate on the front that said D-Day, June 6, 1944 and had an imprint of the allied flags. I used it for sand that i brought home from Omaha beach. I want more jars and can't find one online. HELP!!!

more
    • Train from CDG airport to Bayeaux

by ElleObo Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Can you tell me the best way to get from CDG airport to Bayeaux. I do not wish to hire a car.

more
    • Dropping car off in Bayeux or Caen

by rquercia Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM

We will be driving in Normandy starting from Giverny and ending up in Bayeux. I want to drop the car off in Bayeux and take the train to Paris where we will be staying for 3 nights. The question is can we drop the car off in Bayeux and get a direct train to Paris? I was told Caen would be better since it had more direct trains to Paris but also was told that dropping a car off in Caen can be a nightmare. Can someone advise. Thank You.

more
    • travel from Paris to Bayeux

by jmwilcox Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 6:55 AM

I have a family of six from Canada that would like to do the Normandy and surrounding war sites. They do not want to take the train from Paris. Can you recommend a car/van service that would pick them up in Paris?

more
    • DDay souvenir

by gillila Online Now Yesterday

i was in a small shop in Bayeux and purchased a little glass jar with a cork lid. It had a metal plate on the front that said D-Day, June 6, 1944 and had an imprint of the allied flags. I used it for sand that i brought home from Omaha beach. I want more jars and can't find one online. HELP!!!

3 Answers 20 hours ago
    • Train from CDG airport to Bayeaux

by ElleObo Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Can you tell me the best way to get from CDG airport to Bayeaux. I do not wish to hire a car.

3 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM
    • Dropping car off in Bayeux or Caen

by rquercia Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM

We will be driving in Normandy starting from Giverny and ending up in Bayeux. I want to drop the car off in Bayeux and take the train to Paris where we will be staying for 3 nights. The question is can we drop the car off in Bayeux and get a direct train to Paris? I was told Caen would be better since it had more direct trains to Paris but also was told that dropping a car off in Caen can be a nightmare. Can someone advise. Thank You.

6 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 2:12 PM
    • travel from Paris to Bayeux

by jmwilcox Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 6:55 AM

I have a family of six from Canada that would like to do the Normandy and surrounding war sites. They do not want to take the train from Paris. Can you recommend a car/van service that would pick them up in Paris?

7 Answers Yesterday
    • BillyA12's Profile Photo

transportation

by BillyA12 Online Now Mar 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Is it possible take cab or bus to to STE Merle Eglise and UTah from Bayeux. I am doing a tour afternoon of omaha I am getting there early like to see these sights on my own

2 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 4:25 PM
    • Bus to Bayeux from Paris?

by kelikela Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 7:29 AM

Are there any buses going from Paris to Bayeux?
      Normally, trains traveling to Bayeux leave from St. Lazare station in Paris. I am going to Bayeux on the 4th of June, but I can´t order my ticket from that station, only depart ftom Gare Montparnasse, why????

8 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 12:11 PM
    • Tours to Mont Saint Michel and Chateaux Country

by TracyAugot Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM

My husband and I will be staying in Bayeux after we take a D-Day tour. Does anyone know if there are any Mont Saint Michel and Chateaux Country tours that leave from this area. We don't want to go all the way back to Paris and than have to come back. Thanks! Tracy

5 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 5:51 AM
    • Travel to Redon France June 9 from Bayeux

by Mid19 Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Greetings,

What is the best way to get direct to Redon from Bayeux? We need to leave in the morning and arrive in Redon late morning or early afternoon? I am thinking a bus or train but not sure if this is possible. If it is not possible can we rent a car in Bayeux and drop it off in Redon? If so, how long of a drive?

Thank you,

Rudy

9 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • PICKING UP RENTAL CAR BAYUER I

by Keenasever Online Now May 2, 2013 at 2:47 AM

HAS ANYONE RENTED A CAR FROM AUTO EUROPE OR HERTZ THIS YEAR , 2013, AND HAS BEEN ABLE TO PICK IT UP AT BAYEUX AND DROP IT OFF AT BORDEAUX ?
      PLEASE ADVISE AS I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DO SO USING THE AUTO EUROPE WITH AUSTRALIAN CONTACT DETAILS.
      MERCI

6 Answers May 3, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    • travel tip to St. Malo

by Keenasever Online Now Dec 2, 2012 at 2:49 AM

May I please know what is the best way to travel from Bayeux to Dinard or St.Malo using public transport?
      Merci

12 Answers Dec 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM
    • British war sites

by lizziemik Online Now Aug 23, 2012 at 2:43 PM

All the tours Ive seen seem to be based on American sites. Are there any British based tours of the beaches etc.

6 Answers Aug 25, 2012 at 3:27 AM
    • Bayeux holidays

by lwants101 Online Now May 29, 2011 at 6:17 AM

Hello. I live in north east England and would like to visit Bayeux, especially to visit the tapestry, but am also interested in seeing local scenery and any nearby chateux or vinyards. Do you know of any organised holidays from England that would take in these interests? I do not want to drive but am Ok with trains or coaches.
      Thank you

2 Answers May 30, 2011 at 6:14 AM
    • Re; Family Home Hostel, Bayeux, France

by joancon5 Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Does Mme LaFevre still serve dinners as well as breakfast? My husband, two children, and I visited and stayed at the Family Home in 1998 or 1999 during the first full weekend of July. Not only did we enjoy the wonderful dinners prepared and served by Mme. LaFevre and staff, as well as the Family Home itself - which is made of previous church buildings built in different centuries, but that weekend is the weekend of Bayeux's Renaissance Faire. As it is a true Renaissance town, all enjoyed the food and festivities. Definitely a must do when visiting Normandy!

1 Answer Sep 13, 2010 at 11:26 PM
    • youngken's Profile Photo

Anybody know how to contact this internet agency in France

by youngken Online Now Jun 6, 2010 at 8:07 AM

I have paid and was confirmed by a tour in this website.
      viator.com/Bayeux/d909-ttd?a...
      Anybody know they have any contact phone number in France?
      Thanks

3 Answers Jun 6, 2010 at 9:16 AM
    • Which Museums

by jackberry Online Now Jun 4, 2010 at 8:01 PM

If you can only pick two war museums to see which two would you pick?
      We are also going to Vimy Ridge and Ypres to see the WW1 Museums also.
      Thanks for your response
      Jack

6 Answers Jun 6, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    • youngken's Profile Photo

How to get to Etap Hotel Bayeux from Bayeux station

by youngken Online Now Jun 3, 2010 at 2:52 PM

The Address is
      Zone Tertiaire de Nonant
      Bayeux, 14400
      Anybody know how I can get there by public transport?
      Thanks

1 Answer Jun 4, 2010 at 12:11 AM
    • Bayeux Forum

by coastwise2 Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 5:33 PM

We are staying at the Mercure Omaha beach Hotel. We want
      to take a tour of the American landing beach's and Point Du hoc, cemetery.
      Should we go into Bayeux to get a tour? Half day be enough? Taxi or other?

Thanks, Larry

2 Answers Apr 26, 2010 at 7:14 AM
    • train and bus transportation services

by Choptankfloyd Online Now Feb 22, 2010 at 6:47 AM

Hello:

We are staying in Bayeux, France this coming March. I would like to find out about the bus and train transportation services to and from Bayeux (ie. Cherbourg, Caen, etc.). Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Floyd Walters

2 Answers Feb 22, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    • Normandy from Paris

by MKladstrup Online Now Dec 10, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I am currently in Paris and would really like to get up to Normandy for a day next week to see where it was my deceased father landed on D-Day....my husband and I have Eurail passes - I heard that Bayeax was the easiest town to take the train to. Is this correct? And if so, are there cabs available in Bayeaux to get to the beaches, or any regular english speaking tours? Thanks loads.

5 Answers Dec 11, 2009 at 1:49 AM
    • Shopping in Bayeux

by gladfon Online Now Aug 5, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Hi Everyone,
      We will be in Bayeux on a Friday and Saturday. We will be taking the World War II Victory tour on Friday and planning to spend Saturday walking around Bayeux. When is the market on Saturday? Are most stores open? Thank you. Gladys

1 Answer Aug 5, 2009 at 9:58 PM
    • Sunday openings

by drdlgonzales Online Now Jul 28, 2009 at 6:43 PM

We will be arriving in Paris (CDG) on Saturday morning 8/8/09, and want to go to Normandie. Any hints on the best way to get there and where to stay for about 40-50 euro? We posted on the Caen forum to ask if the museum & memorials are open on Sundays.We read there are no tours on Sundays, is this true? Normally don't do tours but think we won't be able to figure out what & where things happened. tour recommendations. Is rental car necessary. What auto rental is most econmical? We would really appreciate any feedback and your time in responding. again thanks in advance

7 Answers Oct 4, 2009 at 12:18 PM
    • London to Bayeau

by amysreef Online Now Oct 4, 2008 at 11:24 AM

For Monday Dec 29, 2008 what is easiest way to travel from London to Bayeau?
      If by ferry, which UK departure port pleast and France arrival port please?
      At France arrival port, is there a car rental company that I can pickup car and drop in Bayeau?
      I only speak/read English, will I be able to find MSM and then Bayeau easily?
      Many Thanks
      Amy

3 Answers Oct 4, 2008 at 12:09 PM
    • HenriettaStackpole's Profile Photo

Art to see (other than the tapestry) and budget meals

by HenriettaStackpole Online Now Jul 19, 2008 at 1:25 PM

We will be in Bayeux in November, primarily to see the tapestry. Other than the cathedral, does anyone have advice for other artworks or buildings to see? We are not interested in WWII history, and we won't be using a car. Also enjoys classical/vocal music.

Also, please advise me on places to eat on a budget: meals under 15 euro, markets or grocieries, bakeries, etc.

Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 15, 2009 at 11:57 AM
    • busfly tours

by lnpert Online Now Apr 17, 2008 at 4:28 PM

www.busfly.com is no longer owned by that Normandy Tour Company. Does anyone know how to contact Busfly Tours now?? Thank you

1 Answer Apr 17, 2008 at 11:10 PM
    • Bayeux SNCF Station to Novotel

by Cowey Online Now Aug 12, 2007 at 1:52 PM

Hi/Salut

I'm coming to Bayeux later this week and I literally have just an afternoon and a morning to see the sights.

The tapestry and cathedral are musts of course but is there anywhere else I should see and do. I'll be on foot.

Any recommendations for lunch?

CAnd finally, could anyone tell me how long it would take to walk from the Gare SNCF to the Novotel on the rue Saint Patrice.

Many thanks

Cowey

4 Answers Aug 14, 2007 at 3:51 PM
    • emilysfancy

by emilysfancy Online Now Jun 24, 2007 at 3:23 PM

Stayed in Balleroy near Bayeux . Can't remember name of B&B. Help.

2 Answers Jun 24, 2007 at 4:15 PM
    • Bayeux car parking?

by lamogood Online Now May 3, 2007 at 7:41 PM

In Bayeux I will visit the cathedral and the tapestry. I would like to know where in town to look for nearby car parking - I assume that tour buses park somewhere near these sites. Would anyone where I could research Bayeux car parking, instead of driving around town once I’m there? Thanks in advance.

1 Answer May 3, 2007 at 9:46 PM
    • adbracey's Profile Photo

From Bayeux to Omaha Beach

by adbracey Online Now Dec 15, 2006 at 8:42 AM

I have figured out the train travel from Paris to Bayeux, but how to get to the beach, and American Cemetery near by? Is there no bus service? Car rental or taxi?

My wife and I are traveling to Paris in March of 2007 and as a side trip I'd really like to see the site of the Normandy invasion and American Cemetery.

Thanks,

AB

2 Answers Dec 16, 2006 at 10:50 AM
    • Trains from Charles de Gualle Airport to Bayeux

by Jardon Online Now Oct 28, 2006 at 10:37 AM

I would liek to travel by train brom Charles de Gualle airport to Bayeux by train and was wondering how to get to Paris St Lazare station from the airport? How much time would you allow? Lastly, since we will be traveling with 2 large suitcases, is there a way to acommodate those bags on the train if buying a 2nd class ticket? Thanks.

• Taxi on a Sunday???

by aliboyd Online Now May 22, 2006 at 5:44 AM

Hi everyone, I've just read the posting advising that taxis are difficult to come by after 5pm. I'll be arriving on a Sunday at 6pm (trust me to get the plans so wrong) with my mother (who does not walk very well) and am trying to get a taxi to take me to the Campanile hotel. Is it going to be a nightmare trying to get a taxi or is it near enough to walk does anyone know??? Much appreciation in advance for any help you can offer.