Bavaria Travel Answers

change location

Best fare

by RaginiPai Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 6:32 AM

For a trip from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden/konigsee/bad reichenhall, I was almost sure that bayern ticket is the best option(3 of us...my hubby, 10 year old daughter and myself). However, to cover most of the things we have planned, we have to start by 7:30 or 8:00. Pls suggest the next best fare for us. Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • abalada's Profile Photo

Re: Best fare

by abalada Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 7:09 AM

On Saturday, Sundays and public holidays Bayern Ticket is valid also before 9am.

SVV tariff applies.

svv-info.at/en/tickets-and-f...

You can buy a single ticket to Berchtesgaden or Bad Reichenhall. You need a ticket for 5 zone, thus EUR 5,10 for an adult and EUR 2,60 for a child. And use for the remaining trips on the day a Bayern Ticket.

2 x EUR 5,10 + EUR 2,60 + EUR 26,00 = EUR 38,80

Or buy SVV day tickets for the route Salzburg - Bad Reichenhall - Berchtesgaden - Königssee. 9 zones. Adult EUR 19,80. Child EUR 10,00.

Sadly the SSV has no mini group offers. They have only a family offer if you own an (Austrian) ÖBB VorteilsCard. Does not pay for alone for this. And I doubt that you have any chance as a tourist to get this card at all.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bobodyda's Profile Photo

Re: Best fare

by bobodyda Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Bayern-Ticket (Bavaria-Ticket)

For up to 5 persons traveling together or for parents (or one parent or grandparent) traveling with any number of their children or grandchildren under 15. The ticket is only valid for one day in 2nd class.

This ticket is valid from Monday to Sunday for one day of your choice from 9 a.m. until 3 a.m. of the following day on Saturday and Sunday and bank holidays from 0 a.m. until 3 a.m. of the following day. It can be used on all local trains (Interregio-Express, Regional-Express, Regionalbahn, S-Bahn) and the entire transport system in Bavaria as well as the Münchner Verkehrsbund (MVV) and Verkehrsverbund Nürnberg (VGN), Augsburger Verkehrs- und Tarifverbundes (AVV) and many more.

Second class prices:
    -1 person : EUR 22.00
    -2 people : EUR 26.00

You have to plan your travel on weekend. You will pay 26 euro and for your daughter is it for free.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines