Batumi Travel Answers

change location

Batumi

by CEgan Online Now Nov 20, 2006 at 9:11 AM

Hello me and my mate are preparing the trip of a life time, I am wondering what the easiest option it was going from Ukraine - Georgia, by ferry.

It is part of a larger site-seeing expedition that we are planning.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Batumi

by ozfromoz Online Now Nov 22, 2006 at 2:10 AM

I'm actually planning to do this myself around 16 Feb next year. I'm told that one can get a ferry from Ilyichevsk to Batumi and www.ukrferry.com seems to confirm that, although it doesn't say anything about the cost (i'm told it's around US100) or the schedule, and it doesn't seem that one can book this particular trip online for whatever reason. I'm thinking that once I'm in Odessa it'll be easy to determine whether train from there to Georgia or ferry over the black sea is the easiest. If you find out what the best option is please post it here for my own information. Thanks!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Batumi

by fizzytom Online Now Jan 8, 2007 at 7:52 AM

I haven't done this journey myself but when i was waiting to go from Batumi to Sochi, I met a german couple sailing to Ukraine on that service. Its a cargo ship with a small number of not very nice cabins - it is very basic but it''s a reasonably quick way of doing it. Land is impossible of course due to the situation in Abkhazia. Last year my partner and I spent 14 weeks travelling around the entire Black Sea from Istanbul back to Istanbul so contact me if you have any questions about any places around there.

• Old_N's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Batumi

by Old_N Online Now Feb 13, 2007 at 9:27 AM

You can flight to Tbilisi from Odessa, Kiev, Donetsk and Simferopol. Tickets appx from USD 180.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines