Batu Pahat Travel Answers

change location

E-mail Address of the Batu Pahat Rest House

by lethasaldanha Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Does anyone know if I can contact/make a reservation at the Batu Pahat Rest House via e-mail? I could not find any e-mail address.

Thanks

Letha

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: E-mail Address of the Batu Pahat Rest House

by lethasaldanha Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Thank You John. I had checked that site earlier--it has a phone number, but no e-mail. Guess they still rustic with no e-mail :-) Sigh....trying to save the cost of a phone call from USA..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jesa00's Profile Photo

Re: E-mail Address of the Batu Pahat Rest House

by jesa00 Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Hi.. I was recently in Batu Pahat (about a month back) and even I had trouble getting them on email...
    there are a few other places to stay in batu pahat (3 star hotels) that you can contact directly...
    There's Garden Hotel, Crystal Hotel, Pelican too that's fairly convenient and easy to find.. I'm pretty sure you can email them..

as for Batu Pahat rest house, I am guessing they are a bit more laid back and may communicate better via phone.. good luck and good travels!

by lethasaldanha Online Now Aug 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Thank You Jessa. Yes I have Garden Hotel as my backup. I am just being silly nostalgic as I grew up in Batu Pahat and have not been back for 30 years! I used to live in a big wooden bungalow next to the Rest House and go to the high school down the hill. Imagine my surprise to find while surfing the internet that the Rest House was still there and functioning--I don't think my old house is there anymore. So I want to stay in the Rest House just for nostalgic reasons when I go back in October :-). I will give them a call...

by lethasaldanha Online Now Oct 28, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Just want to let you know that I did go back to Batu Pahat after 35+ years and stayed at the Rest House earlier this month! The Rest House is still charming if worn out...for nostalgia you cannot beat it, especially for me since my school, TIGS, my previous house (s), one next to the Rest House, now a nursery school and the one at the roundabout, now gone (burnt down in 90s I believe) but where the famous 'Hilton' Lontong stall is are all still around. The Rest house has no e-mail or wifi... but I had made one phone call from US and another from Johor Bahru and we had our room... Would I stay there again, yes for its old charm...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines