Batu Pahat Travel Answers

change location

Exploring batu pahat

by rozng352 Online Now May 4, 2004 at 10:19 PM

Going there for the first time by public coach from JB, need to know more about food, cheap and clean accommodation for 1 night and places of interests around city centre. Any other recommendations?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • SleepyAngel's Profile Photo

Re: Exploring batu pahat

by SleepyAngel Online Now May 5, 2004 at 8:31 AM

There's this really cool restaurant in the middle of nowhere thats serves excellent steamboat and very good baked garlic n cheese apple snails. It's in a kampung area. Sorry, can't help you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Exploring batu pahat

by wlchin Online Now Jul 22, 2004 at 2:22 AM

i m from Batu Pahat... You can stay in Caterina Hotel (4 star hotel).. which should not be too expensive... other than that... like Landmark Hotel, seaview hotel and many other small hotel... Nasi Briyani Power at Taman Soga is the famous... It has been recommended in one programme in our local TV channel..very near to Batu Pahat Government Hospital... Go a place called "seaside" (in hokkien) at nite... got all sorts of Batu Pahat cheap and good food there... Do email me if want to know more about my hometown..

• Re: Exploring batu pahat

by piaofu Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 6:44 PM

Hi Just returned from a trip to Malaysia. In answer to your question, yes the bus ride fromCity Lounge (kota Raya)to Senai Airport was nice . I took the budget airline, AirAsia - had to endure a 1 hour flight delay.Otherwise, everthing was fine. However, coming back via Johor Bahru is a NIGHTMARE! The customs and immigration is disorganised and pathetic. There was a human jam within the immigration office arena. Hundreds of people almost stampeding to the counters. My advice to you is - avoid JB during weekends, especially super peak periods.

• RE: RE: Exploring batu pahat

by gmiz Online Now Nov 3, 2005 at 10:55 AM

hihi,
    i'm planning to trip to visit my girlfriend's grandparents for the 1st time.
    So I want to make sure I get to the right place.

How do i go there from JB by bus?...how long the bus journey takes?

Thanks for your help!

• RE: Exploring batu pahat

by gmiz Online Now Nov 3, 2005 at 10:58 AM

hihi,
    i'm planning to trip to visit my girlfriend's grandparents for the 1st time.
    So I want to make sure I get to the right place.

How do i go there from JB by bus?...how long the bus journey takes?

Thanks for your help!

by sukusuku Online Now Jun 22, 2006 at 12:32 AM

Would be travelling to BP on a biz trip next week. Hope you will be able to provide more information on food and places of interests... :p
    Thanks.

by wlchin Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 10:43 PM

you can go to Casurina Hotel which is a 4-star hotel in Batu Pahat. But price might be slightly higher

other cheap and clean hotel should be Pelican Hotel, Landmark Hotel. Pelican Hotel is the 1st hotel you will see once you cross the Batu Pahat Bridge from KL direction.

Try local foods at "seaside" (local people pronounce it in Hokkien) The most famous hawker center in Batu Pahat..you could get cheap and good food there..

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines