Batticaloa Travel Answers

change location

is passikudah beach is a greatest in the world?

by thomian Online Now Aug 19, 2004 at 6:47 AM

where is batticaloa and r there any beaches named passikudah? im at srilanka. i want 2 visit there! but i dont know thew actual place!!1 some body srilankans plz tell abt me! bye,ramana.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: is passikudah beach is a greatest in the world?

by adventurelanka Online Now Aug 19, 2004 at 7:37 AM

Its on the east coast. I remember the beach there used to be awesome havent been there in a while. Its near batticaloa

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • srupesh's Profile Photo

Passikudah - Batticalo

by srupesh Online Now Aug 19, 2004 at 9:21 PM

Dear Ramana, I think u live in Batticalo according to ur home page. I still don’t know why u need information regarding Passikuda, if u live in Batticalo!!! Anyway I’ll write some info as that will help the other VT’s who are willing to travel over there. The Passikuda is situated in the East of Sri Lanka. The closest big city is Batticalo there, where u can find good hotels, restaurants and shops. From Batticalo it takes an hour to reach to Passikuda. From Colombo it takes around 6 hours to go Batticalo in a private vehicle but bus will take little longer than that. There a good bus services available around the clock. I think intercity buses need to be booked in advance for a seat. But locals prefer to travel in the night to Batticalo. They will get into a bus which leaves Colombo around 8 -10pm in the night and arrive in Batticalo in the following day 5 – 7am, depending on the driver and other conditions. If u want to travel in night, u have to book for a seat in advance and its good if u can avoid weekends & local holidays where buses are fully booked. From a Batticalo u can take either a bus or hire a private vehicle to go to Passikuda the City of Signing Fish and for the lovely beaches. Rupesh

• royalist's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Passikudah - Batticalo

by royalist Online Now Dec 15, 2004 at 8:00 AM

thanks 4 ur information. i took a bath in passikuda.its realy great nbeach in asia. and i also visit polgara beach in galle.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines