Battambang Travel Answers

change location
aukjejetty's Profile Photo

khmer lessons

by aukjejetty Online Now Dec 30, 2003 at 1:43 AM

Hi, I will be going to Battambang in February, and I want to learn basic Khmer after my arrival so I can speak with the locals at least a little. Who knows of anyone in Battambang who can teach me a little of the Khmer language? Thank you all! Aukje

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • moaksan's Profile Photo

Re: khmer lessons

by moaksan Online Now Dec 31, 2003 at 1:49 AM

howdy. i learned some khmer from my moto guide in siem reap. i was lucky because his english was good and he had a really fun personality. i think that's your best bet. hopefully you can find a young girl working at one of the guesthouses in battambang and she can be your guide/teacher. good luck, and if you're goin to siem reap let me know and i'll give you my friends e-mail. cambodia is awesome, enjoy your trip! patrick

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • venyi's Profile Photo

Re: khmer lessons

by venyi Online Now Jan 15, 2004 at 6:20 AM

have you been back from Battambang? worthing visiting? It's in my plan as well, but still doubting!

• aukjejetty's Profile Photo

Re: Re: khmer lessons

by aukjejetty Online Now Jan 15, 2004 at 7:58 AM

Sorry Venyi, can't help you...I have never been to Battambang myself. There is also not too much writing on it on internet. A few VT-ers wrote about their trip to Battambang, they can tell you if it is worth it. So far, I learned how to count to 19...and I am still learning on my own.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Battambang