Bath

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Stage 6 Day visit to UK from Bath or London

by mdavis5011 Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 12:08 PM

My wife and I will be in the UK for about 6 days (our second visit) and want to visit Stonehenge, Windsor and some places in London like the British Museum. Wondering if it would be better to stage from Bath and make the day trips from Bath instead of the day trips from London. Any thoughts?

5 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 4:06 AM
    • adasyau's Profile Photo

Is there an Italian restaurant called Presto?

by adasyau Online Now Feb 14, 2014 at 7:31 PM

My teenage students have joined a competition on a cultural visit to the UK in summer. They wish to include a dinner in the Presto and would like to see if their budget allows the meal for 4. It would help them to write up a proposal if anyone can give information about the price of dishes, or how much a decent 4-course dinner might cost. Thanks!

5 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Spending a day or two in Bath on a budget

by jonathanbarker Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Next Monday I am travelling to Bath and will be meeting my niece & her boyfriend, who are both twenty years old. I will have a limited budget and although I would like to do the "Touristy" activities, I also want to see the "real" Bath, find cosy pubs where locals go, maybe some local music. I am following many musicians (singer songwriters who are either from the area or now live/study here)
      I am staying in a hostel, (I think they organise a free walking tour).
      I will be meeting the young people about lunch time & I don't want to bore them with too much museum visits, if the weather is fine I want to photo the fine architecture, and in the evening we will want to enjoy a cosy pub with live music.
      I look forward to some suggestions please.
      Thanks

7 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 4:01 AM
    • Another Bath parking query.

by gazzaowens Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 10:25 PM

We are travelling from South Bristol to spend most of the day wandering around Bath then heading up towards Malmesbury on the way out. What would be my best option to find a convenient Park and Ride for most of the day?

2 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM
    • abhishekspark's Profile Photo

Clothing

by abhishekspark Online Now Jun 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I will be attending the University of Bath this year from October. I would like to know what kind of clothes are advisable to wear in the city. Shorts and tees? Formals? Jeans? Hoodies? Jackets? or whatever. Eagerly waiting for an answer. I need to do a lot of shopping. :D

7 Answers Jun 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Parking in Bath,Somerset

by taurean_traveller Online Now Apr 12, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Hi all
      1) Are there Park and Ride facilities in and around Bath?
      2) If we want to spend the day (or best part of) in the centre what are the costs for parking?

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 12, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    • Indie Night clubs in Bath - where's the place to be?

by Indie-chic Online Now Apr 11, 2011 at 6:34 AM

Hello, I have a weekend at the end April in Bath and am looking for the best Indie club to go to on a Saturday night for me and and the girls..

Can anyone recommend somewhere to go? We are looking for 90's dance, Madchester and Brit pop...we could even stretch to a bit of 80's cheese:)

Help! xxx

3 Answers Apr 13, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    • victor72's Profile Photo

Hire a room for two nights

by victor72 Online Now Mar 10, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Hallo,

I am going to visit Bath and Bristol from 18º March until 20º March with my girlfriend Alicia. We will get to Bristol airport at 22 : 00 pm. We could not find a hostel near of the center.
      Please, can you hire a room for two nights ?
      My email is galancabal@hotmail.com
      Thank you. Kind regards
      Victor

3 Answers Mar 17, 2011 at 1:32 PM
    • tours from bath

by celtic10 Online Now Feb 25, 2011 at 3:40 AM

Hi Now backpacking in beautiful Bath, would like to go to Stonehenge and just wonder are there any half day or day trips that go to Stonehenge and/or surrounding areas. What sort of price should I expect to pay and how much time do you need to spend there. Happy to hear of other suggestions, have only managed to get 2 nights accommodation at this stage but will extend if possible. Have come through from Bristol and suggestions which way I should head from here, Actually went from London to Cardiff and then back through Bristol to Bath look forward to hearing local knowledge of area. Cheers

6 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    • zuriga's Profile Photo

Looking for B&B in Bath

by zuriga Online Now Sep 20, 2009 at 2:05 AM

I wonder if anyone has a favorite B&B in Bath? We'd rather be close to the city centre than further out where it takes 10-15 minutes to walk into town. Any restaurant tips would also be appreciated - interesting, excellent meal other than a Michelin starred (only one in Bath).

8 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    • Park and Ride

by asitava Online Now May 10, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Hi:
      I am from Dubai and will be traveling to Bath in mid-August from Cheltenhham by car. I thought to park my car at Lansdown Park and Ride and take the bus to city center. My English colleague painted a bleak picture of park & ride system saying that I would have to wait in the rain for the bus to the city center, that it would be very slow and that I would never find the bus way back. Is it that bleak or park & ride system work as well as promised in the websites ?

4 Answers Apr 23, 2010 at 10:57 AM
    • romancandle's Profile Photo

Eating out in Bath

by romancandle Online Now Apr 6, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Hi all! My friend and I will be in Bath on Friday night, and would like a recommendation for a great pre-theatre meal in the city centre. Max budget for two: £50-60.

Thanks!

• romancandle's Profile Photo

Reasonable Accommodation in Bath (B&Bs, etc)

by romancandle Online Now Mar 24, 2009 at 5:21 AM

Hi!

A friend and I will be in Bath for a day on 10th April, and am looking for a place to stay that's reasonably priced (£40-80) and in the city centre. We would prefer to stay at a B&B. Some B&B's aren't accepting a one night only booking. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

RomanCandle

5 Answers Mar 25, 2009 at 2:14 PM
    • Fridays after 5 in bath

by Rosstipha Online Now Oct 7, 2008 at 2:11 AM

Hi will be stopping in Bath in November but I wont arrive till after 5 maybe 6pm.
      Will there be anything touristy still open at night for me to visit as I havent been before and always wanted too. Also could you recoment a nice restaurant to take the better half to and maybe a nice pub for a drink.

Be setting off for yeovil just before 12 the next day, so I will only have a few hours of tourism any recomendations of what I should not miss.

I'll try and give myself more time next time :-)

1 Answer Oct 7, 2008 at 8:57 AM
    • Late Nov stay

by Sameze2 Online Now Oct 1, 2008 at 8:42 AM

I'm planning on staying in Bath for a three day decompression vacation before some business travel in London and the continent. Anyway I know nothing about Bath and would like some inputs into what to do and esp. where to stay. Since this is a personal part of the trip, I'd like to keep thing relatively simple and cheap -won't have a car so keeping things in walking distance is important and lodging in the 50 pd area seems about right.

Good pubs, restaurants and things to do during the day would be most helpful. I'll be there Thursday, Friday and part of Saturday then off to London.

Thanks in advance for your help,
      Bob

1 Answer Oct 1, 2008 at 10:00 AM
    • Bath Spa train station to Avon Street carpark.

by weekend08 Online Now Aug 15, 2008 at 7:25 PM

Hi, i'm going to reading festival on Thursday and my coach leaves from Avon Street Car Park, could anyone please tell me the fastest way to get from Bath Spa station to the car park, this would be much appreciated and is pretty urgent. cheers xx

2 Answers Aug 16, 2008 at 8:41 AM
    • kevarms's Profile Photo

Visit Bath - Stay in Bristol

by kevarms Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Hi, I'm attending a function in Bath and finding accomodation a little scarce and expensive. Since it's only for one night would it be viable to stay at a hotel in Bristol and take a taxi to/from Bath? Would the taxi-drivers be okay doing that on a Saturday night?

5 Answers Jul 23, 2008 at 3:25 PM
    • dldkag's Profile Photo

Bath Hilton

by dldkag Online Now May 14, 2008 at 9:17 AM

Has anyone stayed at the Bath Hilton and could offer an assessment? I'm considering booking their for a night in July, and I wanted to make sure it was comfortable and in a good location. Thanks for any help.

6 Answers May 19, 2008 at 9:55 AM
    • Schedule not too tight?

by nabada Online Now May 1, 2008 at 8:20 PM

My fiance and I are going to visit Bath when we visit London this summer. It'll be only 2 days. As it's such a short time, I tried to fit as much places and activities as possible, but hopefully it'll still not been too tight. Please look over and give me your expert opinions! Thanks!

DAY 1:
      We ride the National Coach Bus to Bath, which will arrive at 12:50pm
      Go to hotel
      Royal Crescent
      Royal Crescent Museum
      Victoria Park
      Day 2:
      Pulteney Bridge, Pulteney Weir and Pulteney Street
      Roman Baths
      Bath Abbey
      Parade Gardens

Day 3:
      Our coach bus doesn't leave till 3:25pm, so we were thinking we'd go somewhere? But with our luggages with us, it might not be a good idea. Any ideas of how to spend the day after checking out from the hotel till 3 in the afternoon?

Again, thanks!

3 Answers May 2, 2008 at 3:03 PM
    • please help ask restraunt location

by shebie226 Online Now Apr 3, 2008 at 1:08 AM

Hi can anyone confirm the exact location for this ask restraunt, as when I look on the web it comes up with different addresses,I know the road link on each other but dont want to spend ages looking for it and miss my booking. im getting it come up as the following

Broad Street (ask staff member hesistated but said this)
      George Street
      The Royal York Hotel George Street (cant find a royal york hotel ask website says this)

thanks in advance fiona

3 Answers Apr 3, 2008 at 2:36 AM
    • sightseeing and spending the night near Bath

by eastmann Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 9:46 PM

Hi,

I'm planning to travel from London to Bath late this month.

Could someone please recommend:

1) Which train or bus is best to take, and what is the cost? I assume the earlier I leave the better so I can spend the whole day there.
      2) Any nice quaint village nearby I can spend the night, and get the feel of a typical English countryside village ? or I can find this in Stratford-uopn-Avon ?
      3) transport from Bath to Stratford-upon-Avon and from thereon to either Gatwick or Stansted. Also is Startford-upon-Avon doable in about 1/2 day ? I'm planning a late afternoon flight to Amsterdam.

thanks in advance!

8 Answers May 10, 2008 at 8:19 AM
    • Serviced Apartments in Bath (or is Bristol a better option?)

by ump001 Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 2:44 AM

Hi,

Am planning to visit Bath in mid April. Would like to book a serviced apartment, but they seems to work out to £100+ per night. Are there any similar alternatives a short drive away from the city?
      Have google'd around but not really found much. I was thinking of booking some apartments in Bristol which seem to be a lot cheaper, is this a good option?

Can anyone recommend any apartments (not interested in B&B's), looking to spend £60 to £80 max.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 21, 2008 at 4:08 AM
    • staying and eating

by nbrennan Online Now Feb 24, 2008 at 4:38 PM

We are travelling from pembroke to cornwall and staying over night in Bath - maybe the Travel Lodge - any info on this hotel welcome, also a good place to eat between pembroke and bath for Family?

• National Express from London

by nabada Online Now Feb 8, 2008 at 5:49 PM

I am planning to visit Bath when I visit London this year, and I am thinking of saving a bit by using the National Express instead of trains.

I want to book the Funfair ticket, but as of today when I checked their website, they don't have that ticket choice. So, for the Funfair tickets, are they only available a certain time before a date? (ie, maybe 2 months before the travel date?) I am thinking about traveling around the last week of May, so will they become available as that date approaches?

Secondly, do I have to book in advance, or will I be fine just showing up at the station and buying the ticket?

And lastly, I have read on several forums that some train and coach companies do not allow oversea customers from purchasing because they don't have a UK address. Is National Express one of them?
      Thank you!

3 Answers Feb 9, 2008 at 12:27 PM
    • parking in bath

by ellie0253 Online Now Jan 27, 2008 at 9:27 AM

Can anyone suggest cheaper parking in Bath. We are staying at the Hilton in Walcot street and understand that guests usually park in the podium car park which is 19 pounds a night.

Are their cheaper car parks which are within 10 to 15 mins walking?

Thank you
      Ellie

2 Answers Jan 27, 2008 at 1:22 PM
    • best way to see Bath

by anna&kym Online Now Jan 21, 2008 at 12:21 AM

Hi hope someone can help. We are booked for 5 nights in London and were planning a day trip by train to Bath. However now that we`ve begun working out our itinery
      I`m wondering if it`s going to be better to hire a car and spend a night.
      This way we can incorporate Windsor Castle( another train trip) and perhaps detour to Stratford Upon Avon in our two 2 trek. Is the train as expensive as we think? The `walkup` fare is so much cheaper but will we be able to get on? Also is one day enough in Bath including 3 hour roundtrip train travel? Thanks in advance.
      Anna&kym

5 Answers Jan 22, 2008 at 2:01 PM
    • Bath Christmas market

by staxs Online Now Nov 21, 2007 at 12:35 PM

I would love to go to a Christmas market but cannot go abroad at present. Can anyone comment on the Bath market? Thanks

• London to Bath and back

by kelhan Online Now Sep 20, 2007 at 10:46 PM

We plan a one or two night trip to Bath, and will come off the Eurostar from Paris on Sunday afternoon. I believe it will then be arriving at St Pancras station.

Is it possible to catch a train direct from St Pancras to Bath? And what would the cost of that be for two adults, compared to hiring a car?

How long would the train trip take?
      Or how long would it take to drive there?

1 Answer Sep 20, 2007 at 10:59 PM
    • Sunday in Bath

by reebaschwegler Online Now Aug 28, 2007 at 2:54 PM

Hello everyone, I have just joined in.

I wanted to ask anyone with knowledge of Bath about Bath on a Sunday.
      Is it any different from other days?
      Are the shops etc. open?
      Are the attractions open?

I'll be visiting in May next year with some friends.
      Thank you.

7 Answers Oct 8, 2007 at 10:21 AM
    • Casual_Ad's Profile Photo

Bath University

by Casual_Ad Online Now Aug 18, 2007 at 3:19 AM

Dear all,

I will start my Postgraduate study by the end of September at Bath University. I already gathered some information, but I would like to get more, especially from people who went to Bath U. Any info about the university, university accommodation, and the city in general will be very much appreciated.

regards,