Bath Travel Answers

change location

Indie Night clubs in Bath - where's the place to be?

by Indie-chic Online Now Apr 11, 2011 at 6:34 AM

Hello, I have a weekend at the end April in Bath and am looking for the best Indie club to go to on a Saturday night for me and and the girls..

Can anyone recommend somewhere to go? We are looking for 90's dance, Madchester and Brit pop...we could even stretch to a bit of 80's cheese:)

Help! xxx

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • northeast80's Profile Photo

Re: Indie Night clubs in Bath - where's the place to be?

by northeast80 Online Now Apr 12, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Hmmmm....hopefully some local VTer will get back to you (I live in Bristol). I can recommend a pub to start you off though.
    The Hobgoblin, it's a bit more rocky than indie but better than a fancy wine bar. Even better; they sell Hobgoblin beer :-)
    47 St. James's Parade, Bath, BA1 1UQ so it's very central.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Indie Night clubs in Bath - where's the place to be?

by Indie-chic Online Now Apr 12, 2011 at 5:07 AM

Thats helpful thank you. You mention Bristol which is only a short train ride away from Bath... I've been reccomended the following clubs there for a saturday night out:

Kute club @ The Cooler
    or
    The Croft

Are either of these any good? We want to dance to the Smiths and the Stone roses :) and maybe some 90s dance.... although a little bit of Pearl Jam is good for the soul... :0

thanks again!

• northeast80's Profile Photo

Re: Indie Night clubs in Bath - where's the place to be?

by northeast80 Online Now Apr 13, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Hi again,

Re: Kute club @ The Cooler the Cooler, or Coolers as it's known is a bit wrong. Most of the clubs in that area (Park Street) are full of 1st year undergraduate students and underage teenagers. That's just in my opinion of course.

The Croft; is around the Stoke's Croft area of Bristol which is definately more Indie. DJ Derek (funk, soul, reggae) is playing there in the 16th who is a bit of an local Institution.
    On the same stretch there's the Canteen which does good food, good beer, good music and even has a reading area and 2nd hand clothes shop (not open night time).
    Just before you hit the city centre, before a large roundabout is another complex of bar / youth hostel / club called The Full Moon & Attic Bar which has some good nights.

I know that area well.

The Theckla is another good one, it's on an old boat. Thursday's Indie night, Saturday cheesy pop. A lot of good bands play there too but after the bands finish a DJ comes on and plays techno (!)
    theklabristol.co.uk/clubs.ht...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines