Bath Travel Answers

change location
zuriga's Profile Photo

Looking for B&B in Bath

by zuriga Online Now Sep 20, 2009 at 2:05 AM

I wonder if anyone has a favorite B&B in Bath? We'd rather be close to the city centre than further out where it takes 10-15 minutes to walk into town. Any restaurant tips would also be appreciated - interesting, excellent meal other than a Michelin starred (only one in Bath).

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for B&B in Bath

by johngayton Online Now Sep 20, 2009 at 7:28 AM

For a central B&B I would suggest the Parade Park Hotel which overlooks the Parade Gardens. Fairly basic facilites but clean and comfortable and you wont get anywhere more central for the price (about 50 Pounds per room per night) - www.paradepark.co.uk

The first restaurant that immediately springs to mind is Woods, on Alfred Street, which is just across from the Assembly Rooms. Woods is a bit of a Bath institution having been in the same family for about 30 years. Excellent modern (ish) food and very reasonably priced - the "early bird" dinner is great value for money. www.woodsrestaurant.com

Have a good trip, Bath's a great place!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

by rexvaughan Online Now Sep 20, 2009 at 8:53 AM

We had a really wonderful meal at Tilley's Bistro (http://www.tilleysbistro.co.uk/) It is next door to the famous and in my opinion highly overrated Sally Lunn's.

• lstobart's Profile Photo

by lstobart Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 1:42 PM

We stayed at Apsley House B&B and loved it. It's about 10 minutes to city center via taxi, and staying there was worth it. Our favorite meal was at a pub - The Hop Pole.

by rexvaughan Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 2:18 PM

We stayed at the Crescent Guest House and enjoyed it very much. It is a short walk into either the center of the city or the Royal Crescent and the lady who owns it is a very outgoing and helpful hostess. Breakfast is outstanding and taken around a large table so you are forced (or get to) visit with other guests which we enjoy.
    One of the more famous places to eat is Sally Lunn House, but we found the food mediocre and the service quite slow. A much better option is Tilley's Bistro just next door to Sally's. Have a great time in this lovely little city.

by rexvaughan Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Why are we answering a question asked almost 4 years ago?

• lstobart's Profile Photo

by lstobart Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM

It's my fault Rex, I answered without looking at the date and led you astray!

by rexvaughan Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM

No problem, Istobart. Obviously, I did the same thing. But, we gave good advice, didn't we!

• zuriga's Profile Photo

by zuriga Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I'm glad someone revived this one. We had to cancel that Bath trip long ago and still haven't gotten back there but should. Thanks everyone!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines