Bath Travel Answers

change location

Serviced Apartments in Bath (or is Bristol a better option?)

by ump001 Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 2:44 AM

Hi,

Am planning to visit Bath in mid April. Would like to book a serviced apartment, but they seems to work out to £100+ per night. Are there any similar alternatives a short drive away from the city?
Have google'd around but not really found much. I was thinking of booking some apartments in Bristol which seem to be a lot cheaper, is this a good option?

Can anyone recommend any apartments (not interested in B&B's), looking to spend £60 to £80 max.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Serviced Apartments in Bath (or is Bristol a better option?)

by leics Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 2:57 AM

The cost is high because you are looking for 'serviced apartments', which are not a cheap option in the UK (and not especially common either).

If you search for 'self-catering accommodation' you should be able to find cheaper options (I assume you mean 60-80GBP per night?). However, much depends on the length of your planned stay. Most self-catering is let for a week, but you may find some options here:

visitbath.co.uk/site/where-t...

You may indeed find something cheaper in Bristol, but then you must factor in the cost of transport to/from Bath (and time it takes). Will you have a car? If so, you'll have to budget for fuel and parking costs.

Why are you not interested in b&bs or hotels? If you are planning to stay only a short time then they will probably work out cheaper and there should be a good choice available.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: Serviced Apartments in Bath (or is Bristol a better option?)

by qaminari Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 4:08 AM

I really do not recommend staying in Bristol if you want to be in Bath. Transport and/or parking are also expensive! I'm afraid the price you want to pay is just silly for the area, but for self-catering options outside the city try countrycottagesonline.com/Se....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines